Wish It Lasted Forever Summer Read Update

4 posters

Go down

Wish It Lasted Forever Summer Read Update Empty Wish It Lasted Forever Summer Read Update

Post by dbrown4 Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:37 am

As you may recall, my summer reading list is everything Celtics. History, Biography, etc. I had finished last year's math major short list theme that included:

2001 A Space Odyssey
Fahrenheit 451
Catch-22
Slaughterhouse 5

Catch-22, once you got into it, was by far the best. Slaughterhouse 5 definite runner up.

So, our summer vacation in Ocean Isle is coming up at the end of this month going through the first week in August. I decided to try to get the book highlighted in the Title of the Topic completed before getting to the beach. Not going to happen. From the start is very well written and chocked full of great facts, funny stories, loads of characters...everything. I'm slowing my roll and really enjoying it. If you haven't read it yet, please do so. I'm probably the last person on this site to read it although it was written in the last couple of years.

For the beach, I've got Red and Me plus Go Up For Glory on deck after Wish It Lasted. Any others you guys and gal can recommend would and will be greatly appreciated!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Wish It Lasted Forever Summer Read Update Empty Re: Wish It Lasted Forever Summer Read Update

Post by bobheckler Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:00 am

dbrown,

https://www.nba.com/celtics/history/publications.html#:~:text=THE%20LAST%20BANNER%20%2D%20The%20Story,Reynolds%2C%20Broadway%20Books%3B%201997.

There's also this link here on this board that was created by our own Slippery Sam.
https://samcelt.forumotion.net/t230-books-about-the-celtics

I was looking through the other pages on this site, like 'Ongoing Threads and More', looking for Sam's write up about his involvement in the 1969 Balloon Game, but can't find it.  As I was leafing through the site looking for it I looked at the thread 'Sticky:  Pictures and Memories of Sam'.  On that thread there are a bunch of pictures of board members we post with at various get-togethers.  I'm there, Cowens, Worcester, Sam, NYCelt, 112288, BobC and a lot of others.  That's one reason why, and one of the benefits of, being convivial.  When the opportunity to meet in person comes up there's a willingness to do so and long-term friendships are built.  

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Wish It Lasted Forever Summer Read Update Empty Re: Wish It Lasted Forever Summer Read Update

Post by Matty Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:31 am

bobheckler wrote:dbrown,

https://www.nba.com/celtics/history/publications.html#:~:text=THE%20LAST%20BANNER%20%2D%20The%20Story,Reynolds%2C%20Broadway%20Books%3B%201997.

There's also this link here on this board that was created by our own Slippery Sam.
https://samcelt.forumotion.net/t230-books-about-the-celtics

I was looking through the other pages on this site, like 'Ongoing Threads and More', looking for Sam's write up about his involvement in the 1969 Balloon Game, but can't find it.  As I was leafing through the site looking for it I looked at the thread 'Sticky:  Pictures and Memories of Sam'.  On that thread there are a bunch of pictures of board members we post with at various get-togethers.  I'm there, Cowens, Worcester, Sam, NYCelt, 112288, BobC and a lot of others.  That's one reason why, and one of the benefits of, being convivial.  When the opportunity to meet in person comes up there's a willingness to do so and long-term friendships are built.  

Bob

its on here i think Bob 

Sam's Boston Celtics Fan Site (samsbostoncelticsfansite.blogspot.com)
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:46 am

Thank you both for this! Just passed the halfway point in Wish It Lasted Forever. Laughing my a$$ off! Thanks for the assist guys!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:49 am

I have just recently been going thru old boxes and came across my original paperback of "Go Up For Glory" this has to be fifty years plus old. Red & Me....another one. Plus old magazines that look brand new. The joy of being a pack rat. There is that website that Sam first put on line after he started this site with listings of books.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down