Celtics Are Not Interested In Signing Carmelo Anthony

4 posters

Go down

Celtics Are Not Interested In Signing Carmelo Anthony Empty Celtics Are Not Interested In Signing Carmelo Anthony

Post by bobheckler Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:40 pm

https://fadeawayworld.net/nba-media/nba-rumors-boston-celtics-are-not-interested-in-signing-carmelo-anthony

Boston Celtics Are Not Interested In Signing Carmelo Anthony

GAUTAM VARIER15 HOURS AGO

Carmelo Anthony is one of the bigger names still available on the free agency market and it is a bit of a surprise that he is yet to be picked up by any team out there. Carmelo is no longer the star that he once was but he has shown that he isn't washed just yet.

This past season with the Lakers saw Melo average 13.3 points to go with 4.2 rebounds per game off the bench and you would have assumed there would be a few teams who would consider having him on board. Even if some are considering the move, nothing has happened yet and it is certainly a situation to keep an eye on. Unfortunately for Melo, one landing spot which was talked about an awful lot recently doesn't seem to be interested in his services.

The Boston Celtics Don't Have Any Interest In Signing Carmelo Anthony

Once Danilo Gallinari went down with an injury while playing for Italy, rumors started to swirl that the Celtics are interested in signing Melo as his replacement. Those rumors were dismissed by Brian Robb of MassLive, who was responding to a question of why the Celtics hadn't signed Anthony yet.

via MassLive:

"The Carmelo Anthony buzz was a hot topic this week after the rumors started swirling about the Celtics’ interest in him last week. However, multiple league sources tell MassLive that the Celtics are not expected to have interest in bringing in the veteran for a signing ahead of training camp. That’s not to say the team is done shaping the roster ahead of the preseason but Anthony isn’t a priority at this point at names that could be brought in. Boston likes a lot of their internal replacement options from what I’ve heard and want to give those names the first crack at minutes."

"Anthony did a respectable job turning into more of a role player during the last two seasons in LA and Portland but there’s a reason the Lakers (and everyone else) haven’t brought in at this point. He’s 38 years old and his teams have been at the bottom of the league in defensive rating for the last three years with him playing big minutes. I could see the Celtics making that call later in the year if they need some scoring punch off the bench but the logical first step seems to be giving the young guys more of an opportunity. That includes Sam Hauser as well as a number of big men in the running for roster spots."

Those issues on defense are why he isn't highly sought-after but his team's ranking at the bottom of the league in defensive rating wasn't just down to Melo, so it is a bit unfair to make a claim like that.

Still, it seems Melo could be an option for the Celtics later in the year but you have to believe that Anthony will be signed by someone before the season starts. Even at this advanced age, he is more than good enough to be on an NBA roster and could even prove to be a difference maker in the big moments if given an opportunity.

Bob
MY NOTE:  Yep, I'm finally back.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Celtics Are Not Interested In Signing Carmelo Anthony Empty Re: Celtics Are Not Interested In Signing Carmelo Anthony

Post by gyso Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:31 pm

Welcome back, Bob. I hope you had fun in the sun!

It'll be interesting to see how they fill in the remaining roster spots. It seems like they may play with the cards they already have and save adding anything significant for later on in the season, maybe at the trading deadline.

Back to top Go down

Celtics Are Not Interested In Signing Carmelo Anthony Empty Re: Celtics Are Not Interested In Signing Carmelo Anthony

Post by bobc33 Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:02 pm

The biggest question of the summer by far!

How was BURNING MAN!

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:08 pm

bobc33 wrote:The biggest question of the summer by far!

How was BURNING MAN!

Bob,

I'm still catching up. I came back to > 1000 emails. When I get a chance I'll try and post some pics.

As I have said, "I have been to 51 countries and 1 alien planet. That alien planet is Burning Man."

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:36 pm

bobheckler wrote:
bobc33 wrote:The biggest question of the summer by far!

How was BURNING MAN!

Bob,

I'm still catching up.  I came back to > 1000 emails.  When I get a chance I'll try and post some pics.

As I have said, "I have been to 51 countries and 1 alien planet.  That alien planet is Burning Man."

Bob

At your leisure Bob, I’m sure it was quite the adventure.

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:58 pm

Sorry about the last day Bob, you couldn’t pay me to go in the middle of the desert for all those days….

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down