dboss
gyso
bobc33
Ktron
bobheckler
14 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Around The League 2022-2023 Season - Page 2 Empty Re: Around The League 2022-2023 Season

Post by Ktron Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:40 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:
dboss wrote:Lakers, Sixers and Nets all lost again last night.

LAL 0-4 start probably sets the stage for a second straight bad season for them.  Lebron  may break Kareem's scoring record but it may occur in a very disappointing year for him.

The 1-4 Sixers cannot possibly be this bad.  Can they?

The Nets drop to 1-3 in a game where Kyrie pleads with uncle ben to shoot the ball.

Knicks and Raptors making a case for themselves to not be overlooked.

It is early in the season so the standings will continue to change  but right now it is an upside down world with 3 of my projected contenders still under water (Sixers, Nets and Heat)

Saw that play, on a fastbreak a perfect feed in stride from Kyrie to BS, all Simmons had to do was catch and in one motion dunk/finish….and he couldn’t even do that…??? I don’t know how he can’t finish the most simple of basketballl plays, is this the new NBA where everyone is feeling sorry for him, does he need a sports psychologist? When Nets have BS and Claxton on the floor starting, that’s 3 on 5 basically on offense. Against the Bucks it was their defense that definitely did them in as Giannis took it to them and punished them the whole 2nd half.

Its obvious to me that Simmons’ issues are in his head. Numerous athletes employ Sports Psychologists but even with that they still have to work on shrinking the fear of missing or whatever the players problem may be.
If Simmons does not have a Psychologist which I seriously doubt because teams hire them as well, He needs to get one or get gone.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Around The League 2022-2023 Season - Page 2 Empty Re: Around The League 2022-2023 Season

Post by dboss Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:28 pm

The NBA has taken 2 second round picks away from the Sixers because of their activity in duscussing FA with PJ Tucker and Danual House.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:16 pm

dboss wrote:The NBA has taken 2 second round picks away from the Sixers because of their activity in duscussing FA with PJ Tucker and Danual House.

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — The NBA stripped the Philadelphia 76ers of second-round draft picks in 2023 and 2024 on Monday after an investigation into tampering during offseason free-agency moves.

The league said the Sixers engaged in discussions involving free agents P.J. Tucker and Danuel House Jr. before the date when talks could begin. Teams were not allowed to have conversations with agents or players on free-agent contracts before 6 p.m. on June 30.

Tucker signed a $30 million, three-year contract and House signed for $8.4 million over two years. The Sixers were able to sign Tucker to the full mid-level exception and House to the bi-annual exception because star guard James Harden declined his $47.4 million option and agreed to be paid about $14.5 million less this coming season to give the 76ers flexibility in signing players.

If Harden had opted in before his June 30 deadline, Philadelphia would have had a much more difficult time finding the money to lure free agents.

“The Philadelphia 76ers fully cooperated with the NBA's investigation and acknowledge the league's ruling,” the team said in a statement. “We're moving forward, focused on the season ahead.”

The Sixers are hoping to make a run at the NBA title with a roster led by Joel Embiid and Harden. Tucker was brought in to be the defensive difference-maker the team lacked last season.

The NBA approved stiffer penalties for tampering in 2019 and stripped a draft pick from both the Chicago Bulls for early contact with Lonzo Ball and the Miami Heat for doing the same with Kyle Lowry in the summer of 2021.

Bob
MY NOTE:  Two 2nd round picks over 2 years for 2 separate infractions.  BFD.  Every free agent worth talking to early is worth a 2nd round pick since 2nd round picks rarely make the team and the free agents, if they sign, do.  What a ridiculous system, what a ridiculously toothless penalty.  Take away a 1st instead of a 2nd and then you'll see it stop colder than snail shite in winter.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:22 pm

Any chance we could replace Scal with Rebecca Lobo? Hell, I'd even be ok with replacing Kornet with Lobo.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:25 pm

worcester wrote:Any chance we could replace Scal with Rebecca Lobo? Hell, I'd even be ok with replacing Kornet with Lobo.

worcester,

I'd even accept Rebecca Lobo(tomy). She'd still make more sense than Scal.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:28 pm

She actually could do a much better job as an announcer. She really knows the NBA and is very smart and eloquent. For that matter, you could do a much better job than Scal.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:34 pm

Golden State Warriors suddenly struggling at 3-6, lost tonight despite 39 from Curry. A lot of pundits were predicting a repeat, but the young players that they were relying on to make a jump, like Kuminga and Wiseman have disappeared. Kuminga got a DNP tonight, after a string of 2 point games and Wiseman rarely gets more than 7-8 minutes a game.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:47 pm

Watching Hawks beat livin s--- out of Sixers (the other EC disaster)
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:30 pm

I think Hecklers favorite player Kelly O is not a good match up vs Embid….!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:30 am

Warriors 5-8 and 0-7 in away games, Curry not getting enough help, can’t expect him to go for 40 every night.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:48 am

I know I will probably be banned from this site for saying this, but I'm actually glad the Lakers won last night!!  I know.  Blasphemy!!  But if you watched that game, AD looked like old AD.  Russell Westbrook was feeding him in the post and even he looked like old Westbrook barreling down the lane at times for thunderous dunks.

My wife and I would have preferred both the Lakers and Nets lost but since they played each other this was impossible.  

Anyway, the Lakers have looked so bad that this game was actually refreshing to watch.  I hope they can turn things around.  But I'm sure this isn't the environment in which LeBron wanted to break Kareem's record.  Lakers management doesn't seem to care so far and may be riding this season out for the #1 Draft Pick.  Who knows.  

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:32 am

Lakers traded that pick to New Orleans. Lakers cupboard is bare.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:43 am

worcester wrote:Lakers traded that pick to New Orleans. Lakers cupboard is bare.

That trade will go down being great for both teams, Lakers got another title and if NO gets the no 1 pick….WOW!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:17 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:I think Hecklers favorite player Kelly O is not a good match up vs Embid….!!!

Kelly is one of the best 3pt shooters in the league on one of the best teams in the league. Joel Embiid leads the team that leads the league in 1st round playoff exits. Kelly has a shot at a ring this year. Embiid?

I think Cowens has a secret mancrush on Kelly but doesn't want to come out of the closet with it. You know how that goes, right? He who howls the loudest is the one with the greatest fear.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:18 am

dbrown4 wrote:I know I will probably be banned from this site for saying this, but I'm actually glad the Lakers won last night!!  I know.  Blasphemy!!  But if you watched that game, AD looked like old AD.  Russell Westbrook was feeding him in the post and even he looked like old Westbrook barreling down the lane at times for thunderous dunks.

My wife and I would have preferred both the Lakers and Nets lost but since they played each other this was impossible.  

Anyway, the Lakers have looked so bad that this game was actually refreshing to watch.  I hope they can turn things around.  But I'm sure this isn't the environment in which LeBron wanted to break Kareem's record.  Lakers management doesn't seem to care so far and may be riding this season out for the #1 Draft Pick.  Who knows.  

db

dbrown,

FWIW, I prioritize the Lakers NOT getting Wembanyama over the Nyets making any noise too.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:26 am

If we had not picked Kelly instead of Giannis, our regrets would be much less. Kelly has an important role on any team that does not need stellar rebounding. Soft players who can sink three's at a 50% clip have an important role.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:37 am

bobheckler wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:I think Hecklers favorite player Kelly O is not a good match up vs Embid….!!!

Kelly is one of the best 3pt shooters in the league on one of the best teams in the league.  Joel Embiid leads the team that leads the league in 1st round playoff exits.  Kelly has a shot at a ring this year.  Embiid?

I think Cowens has a secret mancrush on Kelly but doesn't want to come out of the closet with it.  You know how that goes, right?  He who howls the loudest is the one with the greatest fear.

Bob

You really going here? there’s a reason KO has been on so many teams. KO couldn’t touch Embid’s jockstrap, one is perennial all NBA; the other is a rotation player at best, I don’t care how good he’s shooting 3’s this year. This confirms you went soft, what happened to the pitbull…???

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:41 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:
bobheckler wrote:

Kelly is one of the best 3pt shooters in the league on one of the best teams in the league.  Joel Embiid leads the team that leads the league in 1st round playoff exits.  Kelly has a shot at a ring this year.  Embiid?

I think Cowens has a secret mancrush on Kelly but doesn't want to come out of the closet with it.  You know how that goes, right?  He who howls the loudest is the one with the greatest fear.

Bob

You really going here? there’s a reason KO has been on so many teams. KO couldn’t touch Embid’s jockstrap, one is perennial all NBA; the other is a rotation player at best, I don’t care how good he’s shooting 3’s this year. This confirms you went soft, what happened to the pitbull…???

Cow,

It's ok. You can admit you like his flowing locks. It's 2022.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:57 am

bobheckler wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:
bobheckler wrote:

Bob

Cow,

It's ok.  You can admit you like his flowing locks.  It's 2022.

Bob

Lol, I said that his rookie year

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:29 pm

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-nets-are-reportedly-already-frustrated-with-ben-simmons-161706149.html

Nets are reportedly already frustrated with Ben Simmons

Liz Roscher

Wed, November 16, 2022 at 8:17 AM·3 min read

Ben Simmons is once again frustrating his team.

No, you haven't time traveled back to mid- to late 2021. This is reportedly happening right now, in Nov. 2022, on the Brooklyn Nets (not the Philadelphia 76ers, which is how we know we haven't time traveled). According to Shams Charania and Sam Amick of The Athletic, the organization has been both frustrated and concerned about Simmons over the last few weeks.

According to multiple sources with direct knowledge of the situation, the frustration surrounding Simmons had been building in recent weeks within the organization. The coaching staff and players have been concerned about his availability and level of play, with some questioning his passion for the game, those sources said. But even when he did play, Simmons’ struggles in his first nine games this season were part of the Nets frustration as well.

Questions about Simmons' passion for the game are not new. They surfaced when he was with the Sixers, and got a big boost after Game 7 of the 2020-2021 Eastern Conference Finals, in which Simmons passed up a wide open layup that Joel Embiid tagged as the turning point of the game. The Sixers lost, and Simmons would never have a good relationship with the team again. During the 2021-2022 season, he would ask for a trade, sit out most of the season citing mental health issues, and eventually get traded to the Nets for James Harden.

Teammate reportedly calls out Simmons at team meeting

Simmons has also been dealing with some injuries: a sore knee that he's had drained several times, which has kept him out of a number of games recently, and recurrent back problems, which he's been dealing with since his Sixers days. Those issues obviously limit him, and could be the source of some of the reported concerns from inside the org.

But Simmons' teammates were not happy with what they were seeing from him on the court. According to The Athletic, one of his teammates, Markieff Morris, essentially called out Simmons for his effort on the court.

The level of exasperation toward Simmons bubbled to the surface on Oct. 29 when the Nets held a players-only meeting following a loss to the Pacers at Barclays Center. Sources with direct knowledge of the meeting, but who were granted anonymity so that they could speak freely say that in that meeting, Markieff Morris — a veteran leader on these Nets — spoke up in front of all of his teammates about how they need Simmons to succeed and that he has to respond when he deals with adversity on the court. Those sources all described a meeting where Simmons appeared to take Morris’ words in stride and was responsive and attentive throughout.

Simmons and his issues have turned into a minor storyline on the Nets lately. Kyrie Irving is still suspended for his public support of an antisemitic film. Head coach Steve Nash was fired. Ime Udoka, the Boston Celtics head coach who is suspended for the season due to an inappropriate relationship with a co-worker, was considered to replace him. After that caused a firestorm, the Nets promoted Jacque Vaughn to head coach instead.

The Nets have bigger fish to fry than Simmons right now, but it won't be that way forever. They need him to remember how to be the elite player he once was, especially with Irving suspended and his future with the team unknown.

Bob
MY NOTE:  It's going to be a buyer's market for NBA GMs this offseason, if not sooner, and the Brooklyn Nets.  Kyrie, and now Simmons, are going to be on the block.

Simmons has two more years on his contract after this year.  He's guaranteed $78M in those two years, and $35.4M this year.  Who would gut their team for a player who doesn't care if he plays or not?  Westbrook is getting paid $47M, so the Nets would have to give up more than just Ben for the aging Westbrook who is in his last contract year anyway.   And Kyrie?  Same problems as with Simmons (overpaid and undermotivated) except that Kyrie's contract expires this year.  If Westbrook for Kyrie was a deal that Brooklyn and LA wanted to make it would have been done already (although, that was before Kyrie's latest stupid outburst).

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:43 pm

How lucky are we Celtics fans that neither Kyrie or Ben are on our team?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:49 pm

Simmons is gonna be out of the league as soon as his contract is up, he’s a quitter. He has refused to improve/adapt his game, every year in fact it regresses.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:51 pm

Unlike Kelly O who improves his game every year.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:03 am

worcester wrote:Unlike Kelly O who improves his game every year.

And has nice hair

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:06 am

He is up to 4.8 rebounds a game. A monster.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next