Grant Williams going into year 4

3 posters

Go down

Grant Williams going into year 4 Empty Grant Williams going into year 4

Post by dboss Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:58 am

The Celtics have until October 17th to give Grant a rookie contract extension. He is not worrying about that now and is focused on playing quality basketball for the Celtics.

The Celtics should probably hold off unless they foresee a bidding war next summer or if a he agrees to less money than his agent put on the table.

Grant may see les minutes this year. Last year he played 24.4 MPG That could impact his productivity in terms of scoring and rebounding, etc numbers but his offensive and defensive rating could still be solid. I will be tracking his Net Rating (4.5 /2021-22)

With the added depth everyone could see a few less MPG.

Derrick White is very likely to play less minutes so do not be fooled by him being in the starting lineup in preseason game 1.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Grant Williams going into year 4 Empty Re: Grant Williams going into year 4

Post by bobheckler Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:47 pm

dboss,

I agree with everything you said.

I like to use the /36mpg stat, when comparing players playing similar roles/positions and close to the same minutes/game (comparing a player playing 36mpg to a player playing 18mpg on a /minute basis doesn't work).

I also like to use the Offensive, Defensive and Net Ratings that can be found on basketball-reference.com in the /100 possessions category.  Also, one must compare players playing similar positions and similar minutes/game. These ratings are similar to the +/- but put more focus on where the +/- came from, offense or defense?

It's hard to be as productive coming off the bench but playing less minutes.  You have to come in ready, with no "working your way into rhythm" time.  Pritchard did pretty well last year with that even though he played about 5mpg less.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:40 pm

Bob
MY NOTE:  Grant says, among other things in this video, that he's the strongest player on the team.  Not Blake, not...He says the only player that can even make an argument is Fi (Kabengele).  He says JB has something to say "because of his low body fat because he's a vegan."  He says that Steven Adams and maybe Isaiah Stewart are the only players in the league that could claim to be stronger than him. Fortunately for Grant Semi Ojelaye is playing in Italy this year. Semi's workouts were legendary.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:13 pm

Grant was tops at the combine in the bench press. No doubt he was strong and remains that way. I still think that he needs to work on his leverage.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:39 pm

dboss wrote:Grant was tops at the combine in the bench press.  No doubt he was strong and remains that way.  I still think that he needs to work on his leverage.

Agreed I don’t care how much he can bench, more concerned with how can he improve on his drives and rebounding? That would obviously help the team.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down