cowens/oldschool
bobheckler
7 posters

Go down

Grant Suspended  Empty Grant Suspended

Post by bobheckler Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:00 pm

Cameron Tabatabaie @CTabatabaie
about 1 hour ago
ICYMI: Grant Williams suspended one game for "recklessly making contact with and directing inappropriate language toward a game official"

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Grant Suspended  Empty Re: Grant Suspended

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:50 am

This guy talk too much, we all have a friend like that. Might be a blessing as will force us to play Kabengele, unless Joe is stupid and stubborn. Guarantee you if he gets minutes, he will rebound better than Grant.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:11 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:This guy talk too much, we all have a friend like that. Might be a blessing as will force us to play Kabengele, unless Joe is stupid and stubborn. Guarantee you if he gets minutes, he will rebound better than Grant.

Cow,

I expect Blake to get more minutes before Fi. More experienced, more skilled. Two way players are blowout and "break glass in case of emergency" players and Blake hasn't gotten many minutes yet. He's new to the team, so maybe he wasn't in playing shape when he signed. The signing was reported on 10/3 by Woj, so camp was already underway. He played in, I think, one preseason game. He is far more ready now.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:26 am

bobheckler wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:This guy talk too much, we all have a friend like that. Might be a blessing as will force us to play Kabengele, unless Joe is stupid and stubborn. Guarantee you if he gets minutes, he will rebound better than Grant.

Cow,

I expect Blake to get more minutes before Fi.  More experienced, more skilled.  Two way players are blowout and "break glass in case of emergency" players and Blake hasn't gotten many minutes yet.  He's new to the team, so maybe he wasn't in playing shape when he signed.  The signing was reported on 10/3 by Woj, so camp was already underway.  He played in, I think, one preseason game.  He is far more ready now.

Bob

Right he’s more experienced and skilled, whether he can hit his shots we’ll have to see. Fi is way more athletic, he had a developing 3 in SL. I say play both, even together and with Al. We can’t give up 23 rebound games to opposing 5’s, grow a pair Heckler….

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:38 pm

Grant and the Celtics will be well served by embracing the rules.

Tatum is being targeted by NBA refs.  They are like traffic cops who will pull you over when you exceed the speed limit by only one mile per hour.  Tatum must move on from each and every call regardless of his disagreement with it.

We need a captain who can be the one to speak with the refs about calls.

Grant did the unthinkable.  He sideswiped a ref and to make it even worse, she is one of only a few female refs in the NBA.  There could be further repercussions especially for a player who runs his mouth a bit too much.  Kool it Grant!

Cow and Bob, with or without Grant the Celtics need to see what Kabengele can do.  I have seen Noah, Kornet and Griffin albeit in relatively small sample sizes.  All of them look more like 3rd stringers including Griffin.  

We are getting killed in our PNR defense and also even off of the bounce in one on one matchups. There is no one back there to give an opponent pause.  Kabengele may be no better than the rest however he clearly is on another level athletically.  I would not mind seeing him in the lineup with Al.

Or, if you rotate him into the game when Al gets a breather, just make sure he is in there with several of our top 8 guys.

With Grant out for one game, CJ could get Sam a few more minutes because he can make the deep ball.  He is more than capable of knocking down the same shots as Grant plus he can also make those shots from around the perimeter.

Last edited by dboss on Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:15 pm

Cow...walk 189 miles with Bob before telling him to grow anything. The dude is one tough hombre.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:44 am

Personal comments aside, I'm with cowens and dboss in desiring to see what Kabengele can do. I didn't see much from Blake in the playoffs and, albeit in limited action, haven't seen much from him off the bench. His fabled athleticism is long gone and that was his main attribute. K is , by far, the superior athlete these days. In the immortal words of Dean Martin, " Good judgement comes from experience, and experience? Well, that comes from poor judgement." Griffin will always have the experience edge if Kabengele never plays.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtics17 Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:58 am

jrleftfoot wrote:Personal comments aside, I'm with cowens and dboss in desiring to see what Kabengele can do. I didn't see much from Blake in the playoffs and, albeit in limited action, haven't seen much from him off the bench. His fabled athleticism is long gone and that was his main attribute. K is , by far, the superior athlete these days. In the immortal words of Dean Martin, " Good judgement comes from experience, and experience? Well, that comes from poor judgement." Griffin will always have the experience edge if Kabengele never plays.

+1
Celtics17
Celtics17

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:31 pm

jrleftfoot wrote:Personal comments aside, I'm with cowens and dboss in desiring to see what Kabengele can do. I didn't see much from Blake in the playoffs and, albeit in limited action, haven't seen much from him off the bench. His fabled athleticism is long gone and that was his main attribute. K is , by far, the superior athlete these days. In the immortal words of Dean Martin, " Good judgement comes from experience, and experience? Well, that comes from poor judgement." Griffin will always have the experience edge if Kabengele never plays.

Great quote from the guy I was named after.

G Williams, Vonleh and Griffin will certainly be the bigs to provide minutes in relief of Al and until RWIII returns.

Based on what little we've seen from pre-season and so far in the regular season, that seems as expected and appropriate. I think Vonleh can be a valuable contributor as he works in and increasingly adapts to the system.

Kabengele is in Maine, as he should be, where he can learn the game better and pick up plenty of time and experience. Although he hasn't shown it yet, I think it is possible, with time, he might develop into a big who can contribute some bench minutes to the frontcourt. The team could use it, especially with the seeming vacancy in the available quality bigs department.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:54 pm

If Heckler were to miraculously grow a pair he would be uniquely situated while sporting a set of 4.  "goodness gracious great balls of fire"

NYCelt,  I agree 150% with your original post..from years ago.....We need a big.

I'm still waiting.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down