beat
worcester
RosalieTCeltics
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Olynk suspended Empty Olynk suspended

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:26 pm

The big, tough NBA handed down two susupensions today, one to Kelly Olynk for his play against Love, he was suspended one game.  The other......two games for JRSmith!  

Sorry, this is BS.  What about Perkins??????  If I was DA I would not take this sittlng down.

Why do we think things are going to change? They alwasys protect the big guys and the losers get smacked around.  

I am sorry Love is out of the series going forward, but he is a whiner, just like the rest of his team.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

KELLY OLYNYK SUSPENDED 1 GAME NEXT SEASON FOR ARM BAR ON KEVIN LOVE, J.R. SMITH GETS 2 GAMES FOR HIT ON JAE CROWDER

WEEI

04.27.15 at 9:31 pm ET
By Mike Petraglia

Kelly Olynyk gets entangled with Kevin Love in Game 4 Sunday afternoon. (Jim Rogash/Getty Images)

The NBA didn’t waste much time handing out their discipline from Sunday’s Game 4 altercations between the Celtics and Cavaliers.

Rod Thorn, the league’s president of basketball operations, announced that Celtics big man Kelly Olynyk was suspended one game without pay at the start of the 2015-16 season for his “arm bar” that resulted in a dislocated left shoulder for Cavs star big man Kevin Love.

The Cavaliers announced Monday that Love would miss the entire second round series with a dislocated left shoulder from the incident.

Cavaliers guard J.R. Smith has been suspended two games without pay for his violent arm swing that resulted in flush contact with Jae Crowder’s jaw. Crowder was stunned and momentarily knocked out. As Crowder fell to the ground, his left knee buckled and bent underneath him, resulting a sprained MCL, as the Celtics announced on Monday. Smith will serve his suspension in Games 1 and 2 of the 2015 NBA Eastern Conference semifinals when the Cavaliers host the winner of the Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks series.

That incident resulted in Crowder leaving the game and not returning. Smith was assessed with a “Flagrant 2″ foul and immediately ejected with 10:24 left in the third quarter.

Additionally, Cavaliers center Kendrick Perkins‘€™s second quarter “Flagrant 1″ foul on a screen set on Crowder has been upgraded to a “Flagrant 2″ and he has been fined $15,000.

Smith’€™s incident, during which he swung his arm and made contact with the head of Celtics forward Jae Crowder, resulted in a Flagrant Foul 2 and his ejection at the 10:24 mark of the third quarter of the game
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Olynk suspended Empty Re: Olynk suspended

Post by worcester Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:37 pm

I haven't hear Love whine, but the penalty against Kelly was bogus. Love locked in above his elbow, and old wrestling move, and Love paid the price. Kelly shouldn't have to as well.

Re Perk, the NBA sure has some faulty refereeing.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:45 pm

worcester wrote:I haven't hear Love whine, but the penalty against Kelly was bogus. Love locked in above his elbow, and old wrestling move, and Love paid the price. Kelly shouldn't have to as well.

Love called it a bush league play...
sounds like a little whining to me but he plays with Bron who has yet to commit a legit foul in about 5 years. So guess a little might be rubbing off on KLove.

I'm proud that KO had the strength to dislocate it in the first place. Now if Sully had gotten a hold of it, might have to reattach it.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:45 pm

worcester wrote:I haven't hear Love whine, but the penalty against Kelly was bogus. Love locked in above his elbow, and old wrestling move, and Love paid the price. Kelly shouldn't have to as well.

sounds like a little whining to me but he plays with Bron who has yet to commit a legit foul in about 5 years. So guess a little might be rubbing off on KLove.

I'm proud that KO had the strength to dislocate it in the first place. Now if Sully had gotten a hold of it, might have to reattach it.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:55 pm

All JR Smith could talk about after the game was how they "protect" Bradley. What is the matter JR, did he do too good a job on you??
I think it is really a disgrace that he only got two games. He wilfully intended to take Crowder out. No doubt about it. Even the guys on TNT who I really do not listen to much call it an awful foul. What is wrong with Silver? I thought he was going to run this league a little different than Stern, who I could not stand. Afraid to stand up to LeBron?????
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by wide clyde Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:03 pm

Sorry, but if the big, bad, tough Olynyk gets a one game suspension for locking arms with Love, Love should get one game as well because he locked up Olynyk first.  Lucky that Olynyk was not completely broken apart.

And, neither player should get one game if Perkins did not get a game suspension.

Regarding Smith and a two game suspension...I have never played pro basketball, but have watch tons of games and have never seen anyone need to "back fist" (at head height, no less) unless you are trying to hit someone in the head. This guy got 7 games when he did almost the same thing with a flying elbow a couple of years ago, and now only two games for a fist to the face by a known offender who cannot control himself. I guess it shows that an elbow is worth 3.5 fists to the head.

Hack a guy trying to get a layup, push a guy trying to get a rebound, reach in trying to steal, etc, etc, etc and there is no need to back fist (an MMA move) unless you are trying to injure someone.

Almost sounds that with Love out the NBA does not want to leave Cleveland too short-handed for the entire next series.

wide clyde

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:17 pm

I am still trying to figure out why Crowder got a tech when Perk pushed him down. Just because he was ticked off and said something to him? I am betting they recind that Tech
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:18 pm

beat wrote:

beat

That's a really lousy thing to say that you are proud that KO had the strength to dislocate Love's shoulder.
Did KO try to hurt Love? Only he knows that.
He didn't raise his arms to get free from Love.

If someone did that exact thing to a Celtics player, Oh boy....
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:20 pm

I doubt ko intended harm.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:28 pm

Olynk suspended Gone_f10

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:30 pm

A picture is worth a thousand words.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:31 pm

Those were the days . . .

Olynk suspended Kelly_10

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:33 am

Priceless GYSO Priceless!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:59 am

Beat, you ought to send your pictures to the league.  I still can't figure out how Kelly got his arm outside Love's when Love clearly had locked his arm around Kelly's.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:14 am

tjmakz wrote:
beat wrote:

beat

That's a really lousy thing to say that you are proud that KO had the strength to dislocate Love's shoulder.
Did KO try to hurt Love? Only he knows that.
He didn't raise his arms to get free from Love.

If someone did that exact thing to a Celtics player, Oh boy....

Go away!!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:19 am

Olynk suspended Ko212

So who locked up who first?

TJ as far as I'm concerned I really don't give a crap about what you say or think. I've always wondered why you are here. Now I know.

beat

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:54 am

beat wrote:Olynk suspended Ko212

So who locked up who first?

TJ as far as I'm concerned I really don't give a crap about what you say or think. I've always wondered why you are here. Now I know.

beat

It's not who locked arms with who.
It's about what happened after the arms were locked.
The injury happened after that picture occurred.

You don't need to worry about why I am here.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:38 am

Gyso----fifteen Tommy points!!!! That picture is great!

I wish I could say that Kelly had it in him to be that nasty on the court, we really need an enforcer out there. This is just a bogus suspension. I certainly hope they will ap. And as I said before, I want that tech against Jae Crowder wiped off the books. Cleveland basically admitted that they sent Perk out to hurt someone.

Grow a set Silver, this is just what Stern would have done. No way that kid tried to hurt Love. Tough that the kid is out, but
he's playing with the big boys now.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:43 am

TJ you are way out with your thinking here. Let's see what happens, I am sure the Celtics will appeal this, do you honestly think Kelly O did that on purpose. The kid is a pussy cat. Sorry,
you picked the wrong fight. Get ready because there are going to be alot of negative posts regarding your statements. Silly, Silly, Silly
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:06 am

Did Olynyk intend to dislocate his shoulder? No.
Was he reckless in his actions which resulted in an injury? Yes.

There is a much better picture out there of when the injury occurred.
I just can't figure out how to upload images when using my phone.

Rosalie, I expect criticism for being honest.
I got on Smart's case when he hit Bonner in the groin.
Most here defended Smart and blasted me.
The league suspended Smart.
The league rightfully suspended Olynyk.
The league rightfully suspended JR Smith.

Many Celtics fans only want to hear pro Celtics chat.
I'm not going to be a sheep and just agree to keep people happy.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:20 am

TJ...Beat didn't say he was proud that Kelly hurt Love, just that he was proud Kelly had the strength. There's a difference.

BTW, many of us thought Marcus was way off base punching Bonner's groin. We said it was a Non-Celtic thing to do and accepted the suspension as proper.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:29 am

Hi,
I completely agree with what ET and IT said about the KO and Love tangle: " he [KO] couldn't do it even to save his life" and " we don't need crying. It's playoff basketball" (respectively).
Giving KO 1-game suspension is bad: (a) tangling of the arms when bigs are fighting for a position happens almost on every play and sometimes one or both come out of it with an injury but I don't recall a case where one of the "fighters" was punished by a flagrant let alone suspension, (b) what if when it happens again and one of the "fighters" fakes an injury?; (c) would the league suspend Love if KO got dislocated shoulder (I bet not); (d) if the league determined that KO did it on purpose he should've been punished much more severely, since they didn't it tells me it's just BS.

As for the Perk infraction, interesting is the opinion of Steve Javie, who was asked to comment on the incident. He said he'd be surprised if Perk is not ejected and if he was referring the game he'd eject him for sure.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:56 am

I am not liking what is becoming of the NBA under Silver....not that it was great under Stern.

Same Old Same Old............The suspension of KO was bullshxt so what else is new under Silver!

Bad for The Game............Silver now wants to get into professional sports betting with the NBA.........making it easier for someone to throw a game......Pete Rose anyone!

Still Bad for The Game..............Rule change to counter hack a foul................hey Adam spend some money on foul shooting techniques if you really want to improve the game!

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:07 pm

I did not see the game just watched a clip on youtube now and it looks like Olynyk grabs Love's arm to stop him from reaching the loose ball. Does not look like injury was the intent but it was definitely a foul by Olynyk.

If it is worthy of a suspension? dunno. Feels like similar things happen very often and that this was more unlucky rather than something very dirty. If Love was not injured there definitely would not have been a suspension.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:09 pm

Evan Turner (easily the quote of the day): “(Kelly) wasn’t being malicious. He doesn’t have a mean bone in his body. He just can’t box out to save his life.”

"As for the Perk infraction, interesting is the opinion of Steve Javie, who was asked to comment on the incident. He said he'd be surprised if Perk is not ejected and if he was referring the game he'd eject him for sure." Of course, Steve Javie was famous for having the quickest whistle in the history of basketball. On the other hand, Perk clearly aimed something at Crowder's head after the initial altercation. I don't know if it was a fist or an open hand, or if it landed or missed, but players are almost always ejected and often suspended for directing blows; open or closed fists, connecting or not connecting, at another player's head. If they connect then of course the penalty is much stiffer than if they miss, but even throwing a hand/fist at another player's head almost always results in a penalty of some kind. Where is the league on that?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next