Avery Bradley

2 posters

Go down

Avery Bradley Empty Avery Bradley

Post by 112288 Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:46 am

Bradley’s back

Though it likely won’t pay dividends any time soon, Avery Bradley was able to practice with the team. The rookie guard has been battling problems with his left ankle since undergoing arthroscopic surgery in early July.

After missing summer league and seeing limited action in the preseason, the first-round pick out of Texas experienced a setback two weeks ago when he rolled the ankle on Paul Pierce [stats]’s foot. While Bradley stayed behind to work out during the recent road trip, he was able to stay involved with his teammates.

They were gone but still sending me texts, making sure I’m watching the game, watching certain things,” Bradley said. “That’s the good thing about this team: They want me to get better. The older guys want to help me out all the time.”

Bradley showed some explosiveness with a few dunks in a post-practice 2-on-2 game while teamed with director of basketball development Ty Lue against Luke Harangody and Von Wafer.

Boston Herald

Back to top Go down

Avery Bradley Empty Re: Avery Bradley

Post by bobheckler Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:10 am

http://www.nesn.com/2010/11/avery-bradley-getting-closer-to-returning-ready-to-show-celtics-what-he-can-do.html

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:14 am

This from MetroWest:

WALTHAM — Doc Rivers got a glimpse of some immediate and future backcourt help at the end of yesterday's practice.

The Celtics were working on last-shot plays when Delonte West, who will dress tomorrow night against the Wizards after missing the first 10 games due to suspension, found first-round draft pick Avery Bradley, who has been out since summer ankle surgery, cutting to the basket for an alley-oop dunk.

It was almost the perfect ending to Bradley's first full workout since the start of the season.

"He was supposed to fall down and act hurt on that play because that's what he's been doing with us so far," joked Rivers. "But he looked great today. He was playing fine. Let's just hope he can get three or four in a row in and get a rhythm going."

It's something the University of Texas product hasn't been able to do since the Celtics took him with the 19th pick in June. He turned his right ankle in workouts prior to summer league and underwent surgery that sidelined him through training camp. Each time he appeared on the verge of coming back, he'd tweak the injury during individual workouts or informal two-on-two games.

Rivers said he didn't know Bradley was going to practice yesterday, but the rookie went through both the 90-minute team workout and a 45-minute game of two-on-two with Luke Harangody, Von Wafer and assistant coach Ty Lue. Bradley was winded at the end of the pickup game as he struggled to contain Wafer, but was happy to get on the court as more than just a spectator.

"Seeing that I haven't been traveling with the team that's been my main focus," the 19-year-old said. "I've been staying here, getting my ankle stronger and getting it ready to practice."

One of his workout partners has been West, who did not travel with the Celtics while serving his 10-game NBA suspension stemming from gun-possession charges last summer.

"Avery's a talented young man," West said. "He's going to do big things in this league. He's big. He's strong for a guard. He's physical. He's athletic. Then the biggest thing is that he has heart and he plays defense. We were going at it a little bit in practice today and he reminded me of myself as far as getting after guys defensively.

"There's a long pecking order for playing time here. But given the right opportunity to go out there and play he can show his talents."

bob
P.S. I like the fact that Bradley went through the full 90 minute team workout and then a 45 minute 2-on-2. He doesn't have his wind, yet, but he will. The question now is how does his ankle feel this morning?

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down