Pre-Game @ Brooklyn

3 posters

Go down

Pre-Game @ Brooklyn Empty Pre-Game @ Brooklyn

Post by dbrown4 Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:56 pm

While I have to admit I hate it anytime the Celtics lose, a loss tonight would not be very cool. We have some momentum heading into Brooklyn and Brooklyn has had some momentum but now it is sans Durant and I'm sure they want to prove to the world tonight we're FOS and tie up the loss columns for 1st in the East.

That scare tactic has usually been enough for us to fold up like a cheap tent prior to this most recent 4-game win streak.

Goal? Make Kyrie look like a 3rd grader on the court just like Durant in the playoffs vs. us. Take the ball out of his hands. If we let him loose one-on-one like we did CJ McCollum last night, Kyrie will put up 40+ and this game will be much closer and put us in possible peril. Now, we don't panic regardless, but a blowout by us would be greatly appreciated. I know. Fantasyland.

Not really sure how to call this one. Again, we're kind of in the middle of some old good behaviors and some really old bad behaviors. Bad habits die hard. We need to play like we did for the last 4 games. Same old story...crisp ball and player movement, cutting, picking, screening, driving the lane, getting fouled, 3-balling wins it easily. Kyrie will have to give up defense tonight at some point sans Durant. This will force the rest of BKN to beat us. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. But make no mistake. No matter who's on the court for them tonight, BKN has something to prove to us that the 2022 playoffs were an anomaly. We show up with anything less than our very best efforts and we're toast. It should be very a interesting game. Don't quite have the confidence yet to put this one firmly in the win column for us. BKN by 2. Please prove me wrong!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Pre-Game @ Brooklyn Empty Re: Pre-Game @ Brooklyn

Post by dboss Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:02 pm

No JB and AH.

We still have enough to win provide JT balls out and the rest of the guys step up. Look for Simmons to check JT.

I am taking Boston because the Nets have yet to prove that they are the better team.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:07 pm

Should be fair match up, no Jaylen for us, no Durant for them.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down