Pre-Game Magic

+2
gyso
dbrown4
6 posters

Go down

Pre-Game Magic Empty Pre-Game Magic

Post by dbrown4 Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:16 am

Unfinished business to be taken care of tonight.  That's about it.  Oddsmakers and betting public seem to have no problem with RWIII being questionable, MB & MS ruled out and an away game for us as well for a team that handed us our behinds at home twice B2B recently, giving BOS (-7.5) so why should we be concerned?!

Plus we get to see another game of possibly gutting out another win.  It's all about mental toughness at this point of the season.  PHI seems to have it.  We seem to have it.  Maybe Denver.  I just can't give them anything until they put to rest all the ghosts of their past of folding up like a cheap suit when it counts or just driving off into Bolivia.  (Gotta love Mike Tyson!! His 2nd best quote of all time.) It would be nice to have a blowout by us.  I'm not going to touch this one officially, though!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Pre-Game Magic Empty Re: Pre-Game Magic

Post by gyso Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:20 am

Injury list:

https://www.espn.com/nba/injuries

Robert Williams III C
Jan 22 Day-To-Day
Williams (knee) is questionable for Monday's game against the Magic, Keith Smith of Spotrac.com reports.

Malcolm Brogdon PG
Jan 22 Out
Brogdon has been ruled out for Monday's game against the Magic due to personal reasons, Keith Smith of Spotrac.com reports.

Marcus Smart PG
Jan 22 Out
Smart (ankle) has been ruled out for Monday's matchup against the Magic, Keith Smith of Spotrac.com reports.

Danilo Gallinari PF
Oct 11 Out
Gallinari (knee) said Tuesday he plans to do his rehab in Boston so he can be around the team, Jay King of The Athletic reports.

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtics17 Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:10 pm

There are no more cupcakes in the NBA. This team beat us twice on our home floor. Gonna be a tough one without Marcus, Rob, Malcolm. The J's will find a way to push the streak to 10.
Celtics17
Celtics17

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:29 pm

gyso wrote:Injury list:

Robert Williams III C
Jan 22 Day-To-Day
Williams (knee) is questionable for Monday's game against the Magic, Keith Smith of Spotrac.com reports.

Malcolm Brogdon PG
Jan 22 Out
Brogdon has been ruled out for Monday's game against the Magic due to personal reasons, Keith Smith of Spotrac.com reports.

Marcus Smart PG
Jan 22 Out
Smart (ankle) has been ruled out for Monday's matchup against the Magic, Keith Smith of Spotrac.com reports.

Danilo Gallinari PF
Oct 11 Out
Gallinari (knee) said Tuesday he plans to do his rehab in Boston so he can be around the team, Jay King of The Athletic reports.

These guys are about as banged up as my Bills.
(I am observing an official period of mourning for my beloved Bills after their total face-plant against the Bengals. I will emerge in time for tonight's Celtics game, however.)
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:33 pm

NYCelt wrote:

Robert Williams III C
Jan 22 Day-To-Day

Malcolm Brogdon PG
Jan 22 Out

Marcus Smart PG
Jan 22 Out

Danilo Gallinari PF
Oct 11 Out

(I am observing an official period of mourning for my beloved Bills after their total face-plant against the Bengals. I will emerge in time for tonight's Celtics game, however.)

Sorry about your Bills. I was rooting for them but Burroughs took care of that.
Folks on Internet are dragging Josh. Unfair. I like him.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:45 pm

Ktron wrote:
NYCelt wrote:

Robert Williams III C
Jan 22 Day-To-Day

Malcolm Brogdon PG
Jan 22 Out

Marcus Smart PG
Jan 22 Out

Danilo Gallinari PF
Oct 11 Out

Yeah, he's a thrill-ride QB. Way up or way down. He was fine yesterday save for the one int that was meaningless toward the end. Bengals D was incredible. Coverage on wideouts and backs coming out of the backfield was pure shutdown. Allen carried the Bills the past 2 seasons. Both lines need to improve to establish a running game and take some heat off the QB. I know you've spent some time around these parts and have seen the rabid fan base. You can imagine it's like a funeral around here today!
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:42 pm

NYCelt wrote:
Ktron wrote:
NYCelt wrote:

Robert Williams III C
Jan 22 Day-To-Day

Malcolm Brogdon PG
Jan 22 Out

Marcus Smart PG
Jan 22 Out

Danilo Gallinari PF
Oct 11 Out

Yeah, he's a thrill-ride QB. Way up or way down. He was fine yesterday save for the one int that was meaningless toward the end. Bengals D was incredible. Coverage on wideouts and backs coming out of the backfield was pure shutdown. Allen carried the Bills the past 2 seasons. Both lines need to improve to establish a running game and take some heat off the QB. I know you've spent some time around these parts and have seen the rabid fan base. You can imagine it's like a funeral around here today!

Big season ending loss, Snow, dark sky’s of nightfall followed by a Monday morning. The entire city is on suicide watch. :<(

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:08 pm

Celtics17 wrote:There are no more cupcakes in the NBA. This team beat us twice on our home floor. Gonna be a tough one without Marcus, Rob, Malcolm. The J's will find a way to push the streak to 10.

Celtics17

No doubt.  You cannot sleep on any of the teams.  

A quick summary on what happened in those disappointing B2B losses.

In the first game we lost by 8 points 117-109.  Neither team shot particularly well but they killed us on the glass 53-38 and 15-10 on the offensive glass.  We played down to them.

The second game was a lot closer as we lost again 95-92.  We corrected the rebounding issue 54-46) but once again our offense was bad.  31-89 and 12-47 from deep (25.5%)  I believe this was the birthday game as Tatum was not there.

This will be our 4th and final game against them including our first meeting win, 126-120, back in October.

They say familiarity breeds contempt.  Hopefully that holds true for us along with a healthy level of respect.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down