Morey blames Boston media for his Joel not Being voted an All Star starter

+3
NYCelt
dbrown4
Ktron
7 posters

Go down

Morey blames Boston media for his Joel not Being voted an All Star starter Empty Morey blames Boston media for his Joel not Being voted an All Star starter

Post by Ktron Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:05 pm

First off, Dude Morey doesn’t know what he’s talking about.
It’s obvious that he pulled this out of his backside.
It’s also in my opinion a hidden shot at Bill Simmons.

Embiid doesn’t like Simmons and Simmons has no love in return.
We all know that Simmons is a Celtic fan and owns the Ringer.
The Ringer had 6 All Star votes.
Morey is doing the math and flunked.

Morey needs to be more concerned about his team winning and not something so trite as a long shot claim of Boston Bias Regarding a silly All Star game.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/daryl-morey-blames-shameless-boston-media-joel-embiid-all-star-snub

Joel Embiid isn't an All-Star starter, and it's Boston's fault. That's what Daryl Morey believes, anyway.

After Embiid was left off the list of Eastern Conference starters in the 2023 NBA All-Star Game on Thursday night, the Philadelphia 76ers president of basketball operations went on 97.5 The Fanatic in Philadelphia to point the finger at the Boston media for Embiid's snub.

"Joel Embiid completely hosed once again," Morey said on "The Anthony Gargano Show" on Friday. "This time, to your point, the perpetrators of the crime were the shameless media.
"Most of them have recused themselves because they don't want to vote on something that affects players' paychecks, but the shameless Boston media is way overrepresented. They haven't recused themselves, and they shoved Joel low enough so that he's not an All-Star starter. It's crazy."
For context, Embiid finished fourth in overall voting in the East frontcourt, with Milwaukee's Giannis Antetokounmpo, Brooklyn's Kevin Durant and Boston's Jayson Tatum getting starter nods ahead of him. The formula for determining a player's rank is 50 percent fan vote, 25 percent player vote and 25 percent media vote; Embiid finished third in the media vote, with Tatum actually ranking No. 1 in the media vote ahead of Antetokounmpo, Embiid and Durant.

So, Morey seems to be complaining that there are too many media voters from Boston (presumably voting for the Celtics' star player) involved in the process. For now, though, there doesn't appear to be hard evidence supporting Morey's gripe.

It's also worth noting that Embiid finished fourth in fan voting -- which has double the impact of media voting -- and third in player voting. So if Morey has a bone to pick over Embiid's snub, it should probably be with the fans.
You could make the case that Boston and Tatum are the wrong target for Morey, too. Embiid deserves to be a starter -- he leads the NBA in scoring at 33.4 points per game while averaging 9.8 rebounds, 4.1 assists and 1.7 blocks per game as a top-three MVP candidate -- but over either Durant or Antetokounmpo, not Tatum. Durant and Antetokounmpo have missed nine and 11 games, respectively, while Tatum has only sat out three games, averaging 31.1 points, 8.7 rebounds and 4.4 assists for the league-leading Celtics.
Then again, the Sixers have lost three of their last five games against the C's and have lost five straight playoff series to their East rival, so perhaps that explains why Morey was eager to take a shot at Boston instead.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Morey blames Boston media for his Joel not Being voted an All Star starter Empty Re: Morey blames Boston media for his Joel not Being voted an All Star starter

Post by dbrown4 Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:59 am

Ktron,

I told you this guy should have been fired 2-3 years ago!!  "What a maroon!!" (Thanks, Bugs!)  Nobody listens to db!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Morey blames Boston media for his Joel not Being voted an All Star starter Empty Re: Morey blames Boston media for his Joel not Being voted an All Star starter

Post by NYCelt Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:45 am

All-Star voting is a mess with a host of undeserving inclusions and snubs. Not news.

The big bad Boston press hardly controls the situation, however.

Joel is an All-Star at least. That should be enough. Morey should go get a cheesesteak and calm down.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:32 pm

You called it DB..

ny, we’re out of cheesecake so he just needs to sit and shut :>)

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:51 pm

This just adds to my perception of the ASG. IMHBAO, the All-Star Game may be approaching a huge waste of time and effort. While I've go no problem showcasing NBA talent, ASG is nothing but all wide open, drive a Mack Truck down the lane with zero resistant offense and hide in the corner with the door closed defense and does not resemble the real game at all. They shouldn't have to change the game to individual quarters or however they do it just to make the game interesting. Again, stupid and doesn't resemble the real game at all. I know, I know. Charities, blah, blah, blah. Shoot me for being an insensitive a$$. Plenty of other ways to donate to charities without making a mockery of the game. That ain't it.

My high school English teacher told us we could not use the following three words in her classroom: Dumb, Boring and Stupid. Fill in the blanks.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:13 pm

how come no one was making a big deal out of kyrie voted into the all star game after all the crap he put is team through in the past year and a half??? Simple, it is just a flipping popularity contest, and I guess not everyone is in love with Embid. Maybe if he played more games it would have helped him. Morey is a fool, this is a waste of breath and I could care less how he feels. Embid is an all star, what the hell is he complaining about??? Starter, finisher, who cares. I hate Philly, always have, always will. Put them in the same category as the Lakers. Dislike both, GO JAYSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:12 pm

Real good top 4 but only 3 could start.

Fans like who they like..
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:28 pm

Dboss, exactly, he is just ticked off. Very unclassy
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:37 pm

Rosalie

Shame on Embid for bitching and moaning about not being voted as a starter.

Embid signed an extension beginning 23-24 for $210 million and there are no bench marks that could impact his money.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:41 pm

I’m not surprised at Embiid and his behavior.
Embiid is the biggest front runner in the NBA.
When things a going well he can be seen waving to the crowd, making faces, grabbing his stuff and just clowning his behind off.

When things dont go his way he can be seen moping around the court with a puss on his face.
He body language is telling. One can certainly know when things are going his way or not. Oh I forgot to mention that he is a backstabbing teammate as well.

In the case of the all star voting, he deserves to be there but i would not have voted him a starter either. He doesn't deserve it and its because of him.

Like my 2nd grade teacher, The now dead Ms. Tobin (yes. I hated her) used to say, “Take the puss off your face, I didn't do anything to you. You did it to yourself”!

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:41 pm

I’m not surprised at Embiid and his behavior and Morey is an enabler living on borrowed time.

When things a going well he can be seen waving to the crowd, making faces, grabbing his stuff and just clowning his behind off.

When things dont go his way he can be seen moping around the court with a puss on his face.
He body language is telling. One can certainly know when things are going his way or not. Oh I forgot to mention that he is a backstabbing teammate as well.

In the case of the all star voting, he deserves to be there but i would not have voted him a starter either. He doesn't deserve it and its because of him.

Like my 2nd grade teacher, The now dead Ms. Tobin (yes. I hated her) used to say, “Take the puss off your face, I didn't do anything to you. You did it to yourself”!

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by willjr Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:00 pm

Ktron wrote:I’m not surprised at Embiid and his behavior and Morey is an enabler living on borrowed time.

Ktron, when I read your post, especially the following sentence “his body language is telling” I immediately remembered this post from a Philly sports forum that I am am a member of (Eagles fan). Your words combined with this video short tells you exactly who Embiid is as a competitor.
Needless to say, but the Sixers fan on the forum know exactly what they have in him.

https://twitter.com/ConnorThomas975/status/1524883412582031368?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1524883412582031368%7Ctwgr%5E6d4c8575205b0f45c9c8504453800812dfd15ea8%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbirdsmigration.freeforums.net%2Fthread%2F9009%2Fembiid-body-language-arriving-arena
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:06 pm

willjr wrote:
Ktron wrote:I’m not surprised at Embiid and his behavior and Morey is an enabler living on borrowed time.

Ktron, when I read your post, especially the following sentence “his body language is telling” I immediately remembered this post from a Philly sports forum that I am am a member of (Eagles fan). Your words combined with this video short tells you exactly who Embiid is as a competitor.
Needless to say, but the Sixers fan on the forum know exactly what they have in him.

https://twitter.com/ConnorThomas975/status/1524883412582031368?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1524883412582031368%7Ctwgr%5E6d4c8575205b0f45c9c8504453800812dfd15ea8%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbirdsmigration.freeforums.net%2Fthread%2F9009%2Fembiid-body-language-arriving-arena

LOL. Poor baby. He puts the M in Moping..

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:28 pm

Souichi Terada @SouichiTerada
about 2 hours ago
but who will Daryl Morey blame regarding James Harden not being an All-Star

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down