Grousbeck shares message for Brad Stevens ahead of trade deadline

2 posters

Go down

Grousbeck shares message for Brad Stevens ahead of trade deadline Empty Grousbeck shares message for Brad Stevens ahead of trade deadline

Post by 112288 Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:42 am

Grousbeck shares message for Brad Stevens ahead of trade deadline

JAN 28, 2023

NESN BY JUSTIN LEGER

Wyc Grousbeck is all in on the 2022-23 Boston Celtics.

The C's owner has made that clear to president of basketball operations Brad Stevens. Appearing Saturday on Celtics Pregame Live, Grousbeck revealed his "instructions" for Stevens with the NBA trade deadline right around the corner.

Forsberg: Three big-picture implications of Celtics' three-game skid
"The conversation that I've had with Brad is, it's about this year," Grousbeck said. "It's not about 'this will pay dividends in three years' or 'this will do this next year.' It is this year. Muscle up and let's go get the job done.

"So that's his instructions, and that's what we're going to try to do. If there's anything to do, we'll do it. If not, we love this team. We're at the top of the league right now."

The green light from Grousbeck opens the door for a move -- or multiple moves -- in the next couple of weeks if Stevens deems it necessary. Earlier on Saturday, Stevens shared his mindset with the trade deadline looming.

“I think we always have to be looking at how we can improve because I think we’re in the mix and I think we’re good, I think we’re hard to beat, but there are other teams that are like that, too,” he said. " So anything that you can do to improve your opportunities, you need to really vet and look at."

While Boston currently owns the league's best record at 35-15, there's room for improvement. Stevens could look to add a sharpshooter for the second unit as Sam Hauser has struggled and Danilo Gallinari continues to recover from a preseason ACL tear. Adding frontcourt depth could also be a priority given Robert Williams III's injury history and Al Horford's age.

The 2023 NBA trade deadline is set for Thursday, Feb. 9.

Back to top Go down

Grousbeck shares message for Brad Stevens ahead of trade deadline Empty Re: Grousbeck shares message for Brad Stevens ahead of trade deadline

Post by dboss Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:13 pm

This seems to be a clear indication that ownership expects Brad to add a guy.

There is no good reason to not add a player as long as the owner is all in. Even if Gallo were to somehow get back in time to help us, the Celtics should not leave an open roster spot on the table.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Grousbeck shares message for Brad Stevens ahead of trade deadline Empty Re: Grousbeck shares message for Brad Stevens ahead of trade deadline

Post by 112288 Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:01 pm

Wyc is locked & loaded......................he's going for bear!

A fresh approach i have not seen for years with the Celtics!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down