+5
dbrown4
worcester
RosalieTCeltics
dboss
Ktron
9 posters

Go down

Kyrie Irving Wants Out!  Empty Kyrie Irving Wants Out!

Post by Ktron Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:53 pm

I knew It was too good to be true. He’s been way too quiet way too long.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/35583014/source-kyrie-irving-asks-nets-trade-ahead-deadline

Brooklyn Nets star Kyrie Irving has told the franchise that he wants to be traded ahead of Thursday's deadline, a source told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

Irving is set to be a free agent this summer. There were some recent talks with the Nets on an extension, but no deal was reached and a trade request was delivered to the organization on Friday, sources told ESPN.

Irving has not shared a list of preferred teams he would like to be traded to, but he has maintained an interest in the Lakers, sources said. L.A. is expected to be among the teams that'll explore a possible trade with the Nets.

The Mavericks have also had previous interest in Irving and are expected to explore the idea of a trade, sources said. Like most teams, the Mavericks have been reluctant to offer significant assets for Irving.

Irving sought out a sign-and-traded ahead of the season before deciding to opt into the final year of his four-year max contract.

The Nets entered Friday 31-20 and firmly in the Eastern Conference playoff race but have lost seven of their past 11 games since Kevin Durant went down with an MCL sprain.

Irving was suspended eight games earlier in the season after making a social media post promoting a book and movie that features antisemitic themes.

Irving, 30, is averaging 27.1 points, 5.3 assists and 5.1 rebounds per game this season.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Kyrie Irving Wants Out!  Empty Re: Kyrie Irving Wants Out!

Post by dboss Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:06 pm

So this is the 2nd time this season that he has requested a trade.

This is all about the Benjamins, millions of them.

The Nets are rightfully leery about making another long term commitment to Kyrie. He has been playing excellent basketball for them. However it remains a short sample size and you never know when he will revert back to who he really is.

It will be interesting to see his list of teams that he wants to play for and how those teams react. What a mess.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:59 pm

Fugitive Richard Kimball on Lt. Gerards hot pursuit of him.

“He never stops he’s never going to stop”

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:31 pm

I wish there was a team in Alaska that they could send him to…..useless piece of garbage. I do not care how good he is he is a loser, wonder how KD feels about backing him now?
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:32 pm

This is our chance to get Kyrie back and get rid of Jaylen. So many sports writers would be happy. In Brooklyn.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:24 pm

Classic. He's not going anywhere. It sucks when nobody wants you. This is what he's going to find out once and for all.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:36 pm

dbrown4 wrote:Classic.  He's not going anywhere.  It sucks when nobody wants you.  This is what he's going to find out once and for all.    

db

+1 absolutely

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtics17 Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:36 pm

I think the Nets are going to find very little value out there. Kyrie is unreliable and quits when things gets tough. He will probably remain a Net and test free agency. Then he will find out that he has very little marketability.
Celtics17
Celtics17

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:57 pm

His Step mom is his agent now. Famous quote: “They are not my stepchildren. They are my children who came into this world before I met them”.
And you still wanted in? Shocked No :>(

Be interesting to see how this shakes out. I don’t think many teams will be in the forefront.
Rumor has it that LeBron is horny for Kyrie. Good. Go West to the classless lowlife still wearing #6. Go there and suck more.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:30 pm

He is treating the Nets better than he treated the Celtics.  

The Nets have a heads up.  Just think if he had been truthful about his intentions back during December of 2018.  

We found out the hard way.  I will not forget the sh-t he pulled.  He sabotaged our playoff run.  We swept Indy in 4 and smoked the Bucks in game 1 of round 2 and then all of a sudden Kyrie forgets how to play basketball. There he is going 4-18, 6-22, 7-22 and 6-21 as the Bucks win  4 in a row.  He shot 35.6% from th field and 21.9% from deep and threw in 3.6 turnovers just for good measure. That snotty nose MFer was trying to lose. All the time knowing full well that he and Durant were headed to the Nets.  

The Nets will not get a full valued return but so what.  Getting rid of that lying two-faced MFer has to be worth something. I feel no empathy for the Nets or Durant or their fans. etc. etc.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:19 pm

Yeah Dboss, he is a little MFer. Damn skippy he is.

In the end I don't see him getting traded anywhere. This a ploy. Extension talks are in the works and the Nets are not coming to the table with what he thinks he’s worth or wants.
That is what I believe is going on.

The fact that this comes to light after his fake ass Boy Scout routine where he looked like he wanted to play and win and the nets were feeling good about themselves
Here he comes Kyrie, Boogity boogity shoop just to screw things up once again.

That song by Bell Biv Devoe, “Poison” fits here.

He’s such a runt.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:13 pm

The NY Post may be good for nothing but:

Saying exactly what they think without trying to be polite!

Kyrie Irving Wants Out!  Ab41c710

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:01 am

Well, if Kyrie wants to go to the Lakers, which is fine, the Lakers will clearly hold onto LeBron.  Davis and Westbrook would be the two obvious ones on the hot seat.  I'm going to guess without even going to the trade validator that the trade couldn't be Kyrie for pieces, but correct me if I'm wrong.  That would take the whole rest of the team to cover the number he would want.  

So that leaves Davis and Westbrook.  See ya, Russ.  Unless you follow and believe the known and proven theory that current Lakers management are idiots.  Then that would put AD back on the block.  

Poor Russ.  Such a great player like an Iverson but will never get a chip.  Especially if he comes to BKN, quickly moving firmly into 2nd place behind SAC as the overall armpit of the NBA, sans what Mike Brown is doing lately.  I've always liked Mike Brown.    

Kyrie to the Chris Paul Suns would pretty much blow that team up.  But with Paul's sun setting (I know) that may be an interesting thought but a total slap in the face to a guy that's been the face of that franchise and an eventual HoFer sending him out for a nut job.  

Clippers might work.  Nobody ever knows what's going on out there.  That may work.  They need that third nut job to complete the circuit.  Kyrie would fill it.  And with that, Kyrie would be much closer to Sacramento.... his eventual landing spot or at least deserved landing spot.  

Kyrie to DAL seems like a horrible fit with Luka.  Talk about a team actually playing 2 on 5 yet going 0-82!!  That would be amazing!!  I'd actually watch EVERY GAME!!  That's not the kinda help Luka is looking for.  But Cuban is getting no sleep thinking about that kind of deal for sure.  He can't ever see the forest for the trees. Luka best short circuit Cuban's fantasy by saying, "I want some help, but for the love of God not THAT kind of help." I'm sure Luka has all the cache with Cuban to nip that one in the bud.      

You guys and gal know I don't get much into the trade side.  Far too much knowledge and power on this site for me to delve into that part.  I'm just going off the top of my head with a few days left before TD.  Thank you in advance for any and all clarification(s) that may or may not work!!!  It's always fun to speculate with Kyrie and which organization he will blow up next since we are far, far in the rearview mirror!!    

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:38 am

db

Kyrie wants to go to the Lakers.  Unfortunately the Nets do not want Westbrook. The nets would have to send out more than Kyrie to make the numbers work. It's crazy. The Lakers do not have anything to trade unless AD was in the mix and I do not believe that he will be.  A 3rd team would have to get involved (i.e. Utah) that would be a very complicated deal because the Jazz would have to come up with around $47 million to match Westbrook's incoming salary.   Westbrook = Conley, Beasley, T horton-Tucker and Vanderbilt.  The Lakers would have to part with at least 2 1st rounders. What would be left for the Nets?

Diiwiddie and Christian Wood works for Dallas and they would have to throw in a pick or two.  Can Dallas still compete with Powell at center?  How would they integrate 2 high usage on the ball guys in Irving and Doncic?

The Clippers could send out Powell and Kennard and that works salary wise plus the would have to part with at least 2 first rounders.

The Nets are in a tough situation because they are going to want a lot but teams are not going to give it to them.

I think that the best deal for them (Nets) would be with Dallas because you would be getting a PG and another needed big.

The other unknown would be a commitment from KI to resign with the team that is trading for him.  How can he be trusted???

KI is gone after this year so the Nets should get what they can get and pray like hell that Durant will want to stay there.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtics17 Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:39 am

dboss wrote:He is treating the Nets better than he treated the Celtics.  

The Nets have a heads up.  Just think if he had been truthful about his intentions back during December of 2018.  

We found out the hard way.  I will not forget the sh-t he pulled.  He sabotaged our playoff run.  We swept Indy in 4 and smoked the Bucks in game 1 of round 2 and then all of a sudden Kyrie forgets how to play basketball. There he is going 4-18, 6-22, 7-22 and 6-21 as the Bucks win  4 in a row.  He shot 35.6% from th field and 21.9% from deep and threw in 3.6 turnovers just for good measure. That snotty nose MFer was trying to lose. All the time knowing full well that he and Durant were headed to the Nets.  

The Nets will not get a full valued return but so what.  Getting rid of that lying two-faced MFer has to be worth something.  I feel no empathy for the Nets or Durant or their fans. etc. etc.

+1, we were playing well when he quit. I just don't see why any team would want him. As soon as he sees Marcus Smart, he's ready to crawl in a hole and hide. He likes to to show off his flashy skills for a few minutes and then sit back and think he's great. Major loser!
Celtics17
Celtics17

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:48 am

I forgot to mention the Suns.  Bridges and Crowder would work.  The Nets are not getting Ayton because the Suns have no replacement and Booker is out of the questions.  They would have to throw in at least 2 first rounders.

Kyrie's trade demand is really outrageous.  He could have told the Nets that he would go into FA if they did not resign him for what he wanted and continued to play well which would further enhance his FA opportunities.  Demanding a trade at this point in the season with the Nets are in a battle for playoff positioning, just shows how selfish he is.

Celtics fans need to never forget one thing.  He promised to sign with us and he reneged on that promise.  We got NOTHING in return.  If he went to Danny and told him the truth, we could have dumped his butt and got something back.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtics17 Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:40 pm

dboss wrote:I forgot to mention the Suns.  Bridges and Crowder would work.  The Nets are not getting Ayton because the Suns have no replacement and Booker is out of the questions.  They would have to throw in at least 2 first rounders.

Kyrie's trade demand is really outrageous.  He could have told the Nets that he would go into FA if they did not resign him for what he wanted and continued to play well which would further enhance his FA opportunities.  Demanding a trade at this point in the season with the Nets are in a battle for playoff positioning, just shows how selfish he is.

Celtics fans need to never forget one thing.  He promised to sign with us and he reneged on that promise.  We got NOTHING in return.  If he went to Danny and told him the truth, we could have dumped his butt and got something back.

Absolutely, we got zero, nothing, nada. I'll never forget that. I just can't imagine any team giving him big money in free agency, but that's just me. Yeah, he's giving the Nets a chance to get some return in their investment, but look what he's done in 4 years there. Missed one season to have shoulder surgery, did not get vaxx ruining another seaosn, posted anti semitic rhetoric resulting in a suspension, demands trade etc. etc, etc.
Celtics17
Celtics17

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:52 pm

Celtics17 wrote:
dboss wrote:I forgot to mention the Suns.  Bridges and Crowder would work.  The Nets are not getting Ayton because the Suns have no replacement and Booker is out of the questions.  They would have to throw in at least 2 first rounders.

Absolutely, we got zero, nothing, nada. I'll never forget that. I just can't imagine any team giving him big money in free agency, but that's just me. Yeah, he's giving the Nets a chance to get some return in their investment, but look what he's done in 4 years there. Missed one season to have shoulder surgery, did not get vaxx ruining another seaosn, posted anti semitic rhetoric resulting in a suspension, demands trade etc. etc, etc.

Celtics17

Teams are mesmerized by shinny objects.  Despite the fact that he has screwed 3 NBA teams (Cavs, Celtics and the Nets) some team will convince themselves that they can extract great things from him.   Unfortunately Kyrie is the type of player that will never be satisfied with anything for too long.  A big red label is attached to him.  It says "Harmful, franchise killer"
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:08 pm

dboss wrote:He is treating the Nets better than he treated the Celtics.  

The Nets will not get a full valued return but so what.  Getting rid of that lying two-faced MFer has to be worth something.  I feel no empathy for the Nets or Durant or their fans. etc. etc.

You know dboss, I wish you would stop being so shy and just come out and say what you’re thinking!

(…and yes, I totally agree.)
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Kyrie Irving Wants Out!  Empty The little Runt is Running Amuck….again

Post by Ktron Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:44 pm

Yeee Haww! looks who’s on his way to Big D!!

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-nets-trading-kyrie-irving-to-mavericks-for-spencer-dinwiddie-dorian-finney-smith-200453055. Kyrie Irving is headed to Dallas.

The Dallas Mavericks struck a deal with the Nets on Sunday to land Irving, just days after he requested a trade out of Brooklyn, according to The Atheltic’s Shams Charania. In exchange, the Mavericks will send Spencer Dinwiddie, Dorian Finney-Smith and multiple draft picks to the Nets.

Irving reportedly demanded a trade from the Nets on Friday, and Irving then sat out from their game against the Washington Wizards on Saturday due to a “calf injury.” The 30-year-old has averaged 27.1 points, 5.3 assists and 5.1 rebounds in 40 games this season.

Irving has been the center of several controversies during his more than three seasons in Brooklyn. He missed a large chunk of games during the COVID-19 pandemic after he refused to get the vaccine. He was suspended earlier this season, too, after he promoted a film that featured antisemitic hate and refused to apologize to it. He was suspended then after the team determined he was “unfit to be associated with the Brooklyn Nets.”

Earlier this month, Irving was reportedly ready to start contract extension discussions with the team, too. He is in the final year of a four-year, $136 million deal, and was eligible for a maximum four-year extension worth about $200 million this offseason. It’s unclear where those discussions are with the Mavericks at this point. He will be a free agent this summer, but is eligible to sign a two-year, $83 million extension with Dallas now. Contract talks, per ESPN's Tim MacMahon, are expected to be put off until after the season.

While Irving comes with more off-court baggage than most, the Mavericks appear ready to make a legitimate push in the Western Conference after finally getting star Luka Doncic some real help. Doncic is averaging 33.4 points per game this season, second only to Joel Embiid. The Doncic-Irving combo as it stands is averaging 60.5 points, better than the current top-scoring duo of Jayson Tatum and Jalen Brown in Boston. Whether Doncic and Irving can mesh together like Tatum and Brown can, though, remains to be seen.

The Mavericks currently sit at 28-26 after Saturday night's loss to the Golden State Warriors, which has them in sixth in the West standings — though just 2.5 games back from the third-place Sacramento Kings, and three games ahead of the 13th place Los Angeles Lakers.

Dinwiddie, who played for Brooklyn from 2016-2021, has averaged 17.7 points and 5.3 assists this season in Dallas. Finney-Smith, who is in his seventh season in the league and spent it all with the Mavericks, has averaged 9.1 points and 4.7 rebounds. The Mavericks will send the Nets a 2027 second-round pick, a 2029 second round draft pick, and a unprotected 2029 first-round pick, per Charania.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:11 pm

Well this absolutely stinks for me!

Luka is my favorite non Celtic player and I watch the Mavs when they are on. I have such a visceral distaste for Diarrhea Breath that I only watch him when playing the Celtics and stopped reading any stories about him years ago. We will see if I can still watch the Mavs it is going to be a challenge.

Good luck to the Mavs, they are going to need it. Diarrhea Breath and Texas may prove interesting.

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:40 pm

Let’s see what the odds are on how long it will take idiot brain to rub JKidd the wrong way. Remember the deal with Rondo???Carlisle got rid of him fast. Irving is going to try to steal the limelight from your buddy Bob. Wait and see
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down