Stephen A. Smith says Celtics are 'making some calls' about Kevin Durant

2 posters

Go down

Stephen A. Smith says Celtics are 'making some calls' about Kevin Durant Empty Stephen A. Smith says Celtics are 'making some calls' about Kevin Durant

Post by 112288 Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:00 am

Stephen A. Smith says Celtics are 'making some calls' about Kevin Durant

WEEI By Scott McLaughlin

Here we go again. Thanks to Kyrie Irving forcing his way out of Brooklyn, Kevin Durant trade rumors have returned.

Durant requested a trade over the summer, but the Nets never found a deal that worked and he remained in Brooklyn, where he's put up big numbers (29.7 points, 6.7 rebounds and 5.3 assists per game) in 39 games this season.

But with Irving now gone after this weekend's trade to Dallas, Durant is left without a co-star and his future in Brooklyn is once again murky, with multiple teams reportedly already checking in on his availability.

The Celtics reportedly talked to the Nets about Durant during the offseason, and if you believe Stephen A. Smith, they could be doing so again now.

"By the way, I'm hearing he's on the verge of potentially being moved," Smith said of Durant on ESPN's "First Take" Monday. "Obviously, we've all been speculating about that, that he may be moved. I'm on the phone. I'm hearing Boston is making some calls. Keep an eye on that — Jaylen Brown. Keep your eye on that."

Obviously, anything Stephen A. says should be taken with a grain of salt. He long ago shifted from real reporting to rumor-mongering for ratings. Nonetheless, he is tied in to NBA circles, and the Celtics' offseason interest at least seemed to be pretty legitimate.

Trading Brown for Durant now, though, when the Celtics have the best record in the NBA, would be extremely bold. There is certainly an argument that Durant is still a better player than Brown and could bring the C's even closer to a championship. There is also an argument that they have a very good thing going already and shouldn't disrupt that, not to mention that Durant is eight years older than Brown. Durant doesn't guarantee a title, and there's always the possibility that he wouldn't be a fit here.

The NBA trade deadline is Thursday at 3 p.m., so if anything is going to happen with Durant -- with the Celtics or any other team -- it's going to have to happen fast, like the Irving trade did.

Back to top Go down

Stephen A. Smith says Celtics are 'making some calls' about Kevin Durant Empty Re: Stephen A. Smith says Celtics are 'making some calls' about Kevin Durant

Post by Ktron Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:03 pm

Dude. Or Scott, Whatever your name is. I’m not going to touch this Brown/Durant thing. I have my reasons. However….

You state that Stephen A is tied into NBA circles. I agree.
I also can’t disagree with you that Stephen A is rumor Mongering.

Scott you also say that what Stephen A says “should be taken with a grain of salt”.

So I ask why is Stephen A the person whose name is in your headline?? (don't tell me the editor did it. This ones on you)

If what he says should be taken with a “grain of salt” why is he even referenced here?

There are numerous well respected and well know journalists that you can reference and be taken serious.

Do you call THIS reporting? I’m just wondering how you got away with this. You appear to be a walking contradiction here. Are you Interning?

For the record, I have my issues with Stephen A. It’s one of the reasons why I don’t reference him very often. You’re correct, it’s hard to take him serious these days and this piece you put your name to tells me that its hard to take you or the station you represent serious as well.

(I’m venting but i did send this over to him..I’ll wait)

Ktron

Back to top Go down