Jaylen Brown injury: Celtics star reportedly suffers facial fracture, could miss extended time - Boston Herald

+8
Ktron
Pumpsie Green
RosalieTCeltics
dbrown4
cowens/oldschool
bobheckler
steve3344
12 posters

Go down

Jaylen Brown injury: Celtics star reportedly suffers facial fracture, could miss extended time - Boston Herald   Empty Jaylen Brown injury: Celtics star reportedly suffers facial fracture, could miss extended time - Boston Herald

Post by steve3344 Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:42 am

Jaylen Brown injury: Celtics star reportedly suffers facial fracture, could miss extended time

By ANDREW CALLAHAN | acallahan@bostonherald.com |
PUBLISHED: February 8, 2023 at 11:17 p.m. | UPDATED: February 8, 2023 at 11:28 p.m.

Celtics All-Star guard Jaylen Brown suffered a facial fracture in Wednesday’s win over the Sixers and will miss time, according to a report from The Athletic.

Brown could be out through next weekend’s All-Star break, though he will undergo further examination Thursday to determine the extent of his injury. Brown has only missed seven games this season, but could sit out the Celtics’ remaining four tip-offs before the All-Star break. Boston will host the Hornets and Grizzlies this week before traveling to Milwaukee for a Tuesday tip-off and hosting the Pistons the following night.

Pursuing a loose ball along the baseline Wednesday, Brown collided with fellow star Jayson Tatum and fell with 1:27 left in the first half. He remained on the floor for roughly 30 seconds before picking himself up and jogging into the tunnel with a hand on the right side of his face. The Celtics ruled Brown out at halftime.

“He was quiet, he was in a lot of pain,” Celtics guard Malcolm Brogdon told reporters post-game. “(I) just told him to feel better. There was nothing I think we could do for him. But he was in a lot of pain when he left. We’ll pray for him.”

Brown finished with four points, three assists and two rebounds in an eventual 106-99 Celtics win. Boston won despite also missing point guard Marcus Smart and starting forwards Robert Williams and Al Horford, who were ruled out pregame.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Jaylen Brown injury: Celtics star reportedly suffers facial fracture, could miss extended time - Boston Herald   Empty Re: Jaylen Brown injury: Celtics star reportedly suffers facial fracture, could miss extended time - Boston Herald

Post by bobheckler Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:21 am

Thanks for posting this, Steve.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Jaylen Brown injury: Celtics star reportedly suffers facial fracture, could miss extended time - Boston Herald   Empty Re: Jaylen Brown injury: Celtics star reportedly suffers facial fracture, could miss extended time - Boston Herald

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:27 am

Worst possible news

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:08 am

Our best player out Ouch!

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:41 am

AS Break can't get here fast enough! WTF!!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:43 am

This is devastating news. Jaylen has worked so hard all year, improving alot of his game, he is just so invaluable on the floor. I really feel bad for him. It was such a fluke accident, I am sure Tatum feels awful about it. Brogden said last night that JB was in a good amount of painl Awful news, let's see what today brings after he is checked out further. Remember, Jaylen wears contacts, so this could really throw his vision off when shooting
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:46 am

Hey Steve...Hi!!!! Long time no see!!!! Hope this finds you well and I am sure busy as heck with all your endeavors!! Just wanted to say hello
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:12 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Hey Steve...Hi!!!!  Long time no see!!!! Hope this finds you well and I am sure busy as heck with all your endeavors!!  Just wanted to say hello                                                                                                                                          

Bob Heckler and I talk to Steve all the time, unfortunately he makes every excuse in the book not to post here Sad

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Pumpsie Green Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:25 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:This is devastating news.  Jaylen has worked so hard all year, improving alot of his game, he is just so invaluable on the floor.  I really feel bad for him. It was such a fluke accident, I am sure Tatum feels awful about it. Brogden said last night that JB was in a good amount of painl   Awful news, let's see what today brings after he is checked out further.  Remember, Jaylen wears contacts, so this could really throw his vision off when shooting

I don't think the injury should affect his vision unless its an orbital fracture, and even then most people see just fine as long as the optic nerve is intact. If the optic nerve is damaged its usually permanent unfortunately. I have not heard which bone was broken but watching it happen it looked like Tatums elbow hit the zygoma, below the orbit. Even that takes 6-8 weeks to really heal though. They may let him play with a mask of some sort before its completely healed.
Pumpsie Green
Pumpsie Green

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:34 pm

Just remember, anyone who gets facial fractures ends up having to wear a face mask. Other than Rip Hamilton, I know of no player who enjoys this or wants to fight wearing one. With the fact that he also wears contacts, It could alter his game considerably. Just thinking, that is all. I feel really bad for this kid, he has worked his tail off to make himself better every year, finally gets picked for the all star game and this happens. Crap luck
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:59 pm

Nosey Talkers are mentioning the fact that Tatum didn't bother to help Brown up off the floor. Really? I don’t remember.
I was, as Scal would say “too busy watching the ball”.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:42 pm

Give me a break, it all happened so fast. I do not think Tatum even realized he was hurt as bad as he was. Jaylen got up and walked right to the locker room. My guess is he knew right away that something was wrong. Why do people always look for trouble?????????
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:46 pm

Hope Jaylen will not miss too much time. Having Brogdon certainly helps to fill the void and now I am waiting to see if the Celtics get Will Barton.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:58 pm

He went on twitter today, getting fitted for a mask. His face looked swollen but seems ok
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:40 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Give me a break, it all happened so fast.  I do not think Tatum even realized he was hurt as bad as he was. Jaylen got up and walked right to the locker room. My guess is he knew right away that something was wrong.  Why do people always look for trouble?????????

Rosalie,

Outrage is the new coin in the realm. Many spend it recklessly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pumpsie Green Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:03 am

Ktron wrote:Nosey Talkers are mentioning the fact that Tatum didn't bother to help Brown up off the floor.  Really?  I don’t remember.

I thought that a "Nosey Talker" is someone related to a "Close Talker" from Seinfeld.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRZ5RpsytRA

Last edited by Pumpsie Green on Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Pumpsie Green
Pumpsie Green

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:07 am

Pumpsie Green wrote:
Ktron wrote:Nosey Talkers are mentioning the fact that Tatum didn't bother to help Brown up off the floor.  Really?  I don’t remember.

I thought that a "Nosey Talker" is someone related to a "Close Talker" from Seinfeld.

I think they are different

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtics17 Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:49 pm

Tough break for Jaylen. Hopefully, nothing too bad. Those masks are difficult to play with, as someone mentioned only Rip Hamilton had any success wearing the mask. Payton Pritchard never adjusted to it, he couldn't find his shot. Hopefully Jaylen won't have to wear it long.
Celtics17
Celtics17

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:15 pm

gyso wrote:
RosalieTCeltics wrote:Give me a break, it all happened so fast.  I do not think Tatum even realized he was hurt as bad as he was. Jaylen got up and walked right to the locker room. My guess is he knew right away that something was wrong.  Why do people always look for trouble?????????

Rosalie,

Outrage is the new coin in the realm.  Many spend it recklessly.

I may quote you on that.

Then again, I just did.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:18 pm

My older sister would say this to me when I would get nosey and insinuate stuff.

“Quit starting Troubs”

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down