Bynum on the fast track to recovery . . .

4 posters

Go down

Bynum on the fast track to recovery . . . Empty Bynum on the fast track to recovery . . .

Post by gyso Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:23 am

Or: I can't drive . . . 55?
Or: Blue light special in aisle 599?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Don-t-be-so-flippin-stupid-Andrew-Bynum?urn=nba-286609

Law enforcement sources tell us Bynum was burning rubber in his customized 2010 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano on October 29 -- when cops clocked him going 110 MPH in a 55 MPH zone.

Bynum was eventually ticketed for speeding -- but dude was lucky he wasn't hauled to the slammer.

Law enforcement sources tell us the only reason he wasn't nailed on a reckless driving charge was because traffic was light and the NBA star wasn't weaving in and out of lanes.

Back to top Go down

Bynum on the fast track to recovery . . . Empty Re: Bynum on the fast track to recovery . . .

Post by beat Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:16 am

Life in the fast lane.

Been a dude around here he'd be sittin in jail overnight anyway.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Bynum on the fast track to recovery . . . Empty Re: Bynum on the fast track to recovery . . .

Post by beat Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:25 am

GYSO

I have a guy on probation among his "criminal" highlights are the excuse he gave to the cop for speeding 85mph on our local Interstate road, commonly called I-81.

Said he thought those I-81 signs were the speed limit.

Bynum on the fast track to recovery . . . 600px-10
Bynum on the fast track to recovery . . . Polls_10

Nope but nice try. But they both do have numbers.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:03 am

beat wrote:GYSO

I have a guy on probation among his "criminal" highlights are the excuse he gave to the cop for speeding 85mph on our local Interstate road, commonly called I-81.

Said he thought those I-81 signs were the speed limit.

Bynum on the fast track to recovery . . . 600px-10
Bynum on the fast track to recovery . . . Polls_10

Nope but nice try. But they both do have numbers.

beat

beat,

Standard joke about here about I80 too. This being California, land of the cars, 80 is often allowed by CHIPS unless you're changing lanes a lot. The cops out here don't like that (unlike NY and Boston where EVERYBODY is ducking in and out) but if you're doing 80 straight ahead then you're a righteous dude.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:10 am

Wait a minute; Andrew Bynum fits into a Ferrari?
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:11 am

Bob

Set the cruse control at 68-70 (on the interstate) and let er go. Never have a problem.
Of course our traffic is a bit thinner than yours. More wildlife than vehicles, Heck I saw 6 deer cross the road in front of me a mile or so from jhome on the way to taking the kid to school. ( and only met 1 car)

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:17 am

Beat,

True story:

While vacationing in Nova Scotia with my sister, her ex and my nephew years ago, my ex-brother in law got pulled over by the RMCP for speeding. He asked why he was pulled over and the Mountie said, "Your speed."

My ex-bil then said (with a straight face), "I can't go 100! I've been trying and I don't think its safe."

The Mountie said, "That's 100 KPH, not MPH." and proceeded to point out the little red numbers inside the speedometer arc.

He let us go with a warning, probably muttering under his breath, "Stupid Americans."

BTW, we knew the difference!

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:23 am

beat wrote:Bob

Set the cruse control at 68-70 (on the interstate) and let er go. Never have a problem.
Of course our traffic is a bit thinner than yours. More wildlife than vehicles, Heck I saw 6 deer cross the road in front of me a mile or so from jhome on the way to taking the kid to school. ( and only met 1 car)

beat

beat,

We have plenty of wildlife here too. San Francisco is one fun town.

Actually, aside from deer (I live in the flatland, but just 2 miles or so away are the hills and they dine on peoples' shrubbery at will) we also have the occasional cougar. I'm talking about the 4-legged type, not the "trying to recapture my youth" type.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:41 am

GYSO

Good story. eh

Of course here we have a lot of Canadian shoppers. eh!

Was the Mountie's name Dudley Dooright?

beat

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down