So, we only have 2 days, is anyone being signed?

+2
dboss
RosalieTCeltics
6 posters

Go down

So, we only have 2 days, is anyone being signed? Empty So, we only have 2 days, is anyone being signed?

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:36 pm

I would have sworn that that empty seat at the end of the bench would be filled by now, Wyc basically inferred that in his last interview. Anyone heard anything??? It seems like it is all quiet on the Eastern Front right now. Tomorrow is the last day to sign someone to be available for playoffs.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

So, we only have 2 days, is anyone being signed? Empty Re: So, we only have 2 days, is anyone being signed?

Post by dboss Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:37 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:I would have sworn that that empty seat at the end of the bench would be filled by now, Wyc basically inferred that in his last interview. Anyone heard anything??? It seems like it is all quiet on the Eastern Front right now. Tomorrow is the last day to sign someone to be available for playoffs.

Rosalie, with Barton off the table I am looking for the Celtics to tap into their Maine Celtics roster.

Tony Snell 12 PPG .486 FG%, 41% on 3's and 93% FT., 5.6 rebounds

Will Barton, a player Boston targeted on the buyout market, is signing with the Toronto Raptors, per ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

So, we only have 2 days, is anyone being signed? Empty Re: So, we only have 2 days, is anyone being signed?

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:04 pm

I have to believe he was signed specifically to fill this spot if they could not get anyone else. At his age, and with his experience of being in the league for so long, it kind of makes sense. The only other two would be Valentine, who is having a respectable season, and……you know who??
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:04 pm

Who is the cutey in the avatar Dboss? She is a doll!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:54 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Who is the cutey in the avatar Dboss?  She is a doll!!!

That's kj's daughter Ava. My 11th grandchild.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:48 pm

dboss wrote:

That's kj's daughter Ava.  My 11th grandchild.

dboss,

11 grandchildren?! I guess your kids didn't have any other hobbies when they were growing up, huh?

Rosalie's right, she's a cutie.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:17 pm

Please give KJ my best and tell him HI from me. I remember our bantering back and forth a few years ago. Time marches on
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by prakash Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:35 pm

bobheckler wrote:
dboss wrote:

That's kj's daughter Ava.  My 11th grandchild.

dboss,

11 grandchildren?!  I guess your kids didn't have any other hobbies when they were growing up, huh?

Rosalie's right, she's a cutie.

Bob

😄😄😄😄

Very happy for you dboss.

prakash

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:29 pm

Rosalie

Looks like the Celtics will go with their current roster. I have not read anything indicating a player being added.

If they added a player he would have been a deep bench rotation guy and probably not used much unless the break glass in case of emergency option was needed.

I wonder how Gallo is progressing.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:41 pm

It does look like the team plays the hand it has. I've seen speculation that chair # 15 gets taken by Snell or the return of Valentine, but that's outright guessing at this time.

11 grandkids dboss? That's great!
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:32 pm

I am really wondering about Gallinari
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:03 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:I am really wondering about Gallinari

I'm with you on that, Rosalie.

I know his injury is not one you come back from quickly, it's usually a year or more. But I'm not certain I see primary a need for more of his skill set.

Admittedly, I've been one of those on the band wagon for low-post scoring and defensive bigs. Gallinari, is a shooter, a small forward and not that classic big. We've got a few of those already. I don't think he can help where I see the team short, and he eats up salary cap. Combine his age and injury and I am concerned that we may never get much from him. Maybe I'm off, he comes back and proves me wrong. I hope so. He was something in his prime, though.

Last edited by NYCelt on Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:10 pm

I think the lack of adding anyone at the deadline or from waivers suggests that he may return if the playoffs last long enough.

Could he actually contribute anything at that time? I don't know, we'll have to wait and see.

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:12 pm

gyso wrote:I think the lack of adding anyone at the deadline or from waivers suggests that he may return if the playoffs last long enough.

Could he actually contribute anything at that time?  I don't know, we'll have to wait and see.

True, that could very well be the case.

Fingers crossed then.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:20 pm

that is what I was insinuating when I wrote that post Dboss & Gyso. I was a little disappointed that we did not make some kind of another move besides Muscala. Milwaukee is loading up, Jae Crowder, now I see Dragic maybe, and a 10 day contract to another shooter. They are all in. I know that Brogden and White are two aces in the hole for us, but the more I thought about it, the more I wondered about what is really going on here. The big question, to me, is not Gallinari, but Grant. What is Joe up to??? Messing with the head of guy like that could prove to be a dangerous thing. Is this where Brad will step in?? Gotta wonder, I feel conflicted here. Is there a problem in the locker room that he is trying to straighten up? He has to stop talking constantly to refs, his teammates, even his coach? It could be wearing people down. I will just watch for the next few games, but, there is more to this story than "matchups"!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:59 pm

Rosalie,

Jae Crowder being signed by the Bucks doesn't make me lose sleep at night. Sure, he has been on some successful playoff teams in the last couple of seasons. How much of a role did he have in that success with those teams? I imagine less and less each year.

He may make me eat those words by pulling a Horford and coming back stronger than ever after not playing any this year. Different guy, different result? I hope.

I am not worried about Grant's "situation" either. As I said the other day, he may be bothered by a lingering injury. I don't get to listen to local sports broadcasts, maybe more of a bonus than a curse? (LOL) Perhaps that is where that kernel of doubt was planted.

Hopefully it is a big nothing burger. We need Grant at his best going into the playoffs. And we need a little luck.

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:19 pm

We also need Rob to play the way he played the other night, he is starting to round back into form. Al has been wonderful, just hope he is not peaking too soon. You are a little more optimistic than I am about Grant. I have seen a trend in his game that concerns me.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down