a couple big men who could signed with the MLE or less

+2
mrkleen09
kdp59
6 posters

Go down

a couple big men who could signed with the MLE or less Empty a couple big men who could signed with the MLE or less

Post by kdp59 Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:02 pm

Just throwing some names out there

Nerlens Noel-played at OKC last year and I think has a player option this year at under $2m. Has good length and is a willing defender and rebounder. Not much offense though. I think he does have a connection to the area.

Ed Davis- With the Nets this past year, but has been a vagabond in the NBA. Has some size and can rebound and defend,made $4.5 M last year.

and a wild thought next up:

Danny signs Morris to an extension and then signs Markeiff with the MLE.

Markieff is a bit bigger and more of a true power forward in the NBA compared to Marcus. Had a neck injury last year, but if thats OK ...the Brothers do like to play together. I think Keiff was even wearing his brothers jersey at a couple playoffs games this year.

Just some thoughts.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

a couple big men who could signed with the MLE or less Empty Re: a couple big men who could signed with the MLE or less

Post by dboss Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:36 pm

kdp59 wrote:Just throwing some names out there

Nerlens Noel-played at OKC last year and I think has a player option this year at under $2m. Has good length and is a willing defender and rebounder. Not much offense though. I think he does have a connection to the area.

Ed Davis- With the Nets this past year, but has been a vagabond in the NBA. Has some size and can rebound and defend,made $4.5 M last year.

and a wild thought next up:

Danny signs Morris to an extension and then signs Markeiff with the MLE.

Markieff is a bit bigger and more of a true power forward in the NBA compared to Marcus. Had a neck injury last year, but if thats OK ...the Brothers do like to play together. I think Keiff was even wearing his brothers jersey at a couple playoffs games this year.

Just some thoughts.

if one of them picked up 4 early fouls, they could exchange Jersey's at half time and no one would know. I cannot seem to come up with another good reason.

I was going over the roster and was blown away by the sheer number of forwards in the 6' 8" range.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

a couple big men who could signed with the MLE or less Empty Re: a couple big men who could signed with the MLE or less

Post by kdp59 Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:58 am

that post was assuming the lower MLE of $5.7M I should note now the actualy MLE if we are over the cap but below the tax apron ( which we would have likely hit).

now that Irving and Horford are Likely moving on we MAY be able to use the Standard MLE of $9.2 M allowing us a better quality player to be picked up.

if we go under the cap we can only offer $4.7M I believe though.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:05 am

Again, My CAP SPACE MATH IS QUITE DIFFERENT THAN $22M.

If we retain only the following players we'll have a salary load of about $72M:
GH, JT, JB, AB, GY (whom I would trade), RW, and Semi, including a$93 k burden left with Demetrius Jax. Theis and Wanamaker earn chump change. The Luxury tax hits at $132M. Most of our $71M in cap holds plus Kyrie's $21M salary will be GONE. We have plenty of room to resign Terry if we want to and then some.

worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:10 am

worcester wrote:Again, My CAP SPACE MATH IS QUITE DIFFERENT THAN $22M.

If we retain only the following players we'll have a salary load of about $72M:
GH, JT, JB, AB, GY (whom I would trade), RW, and Semi, including a$93 k burden left with Demetrius Jax.  Theis and Wanamaker earn chump change. The Luxury tax hits at $132M. Most of our $71M  in cap holds plus Kyrie's $21M salary will be GONE. We have plenty of room to resign Terry if we want to and then some.

Worcester,

Cap space is very different from the luxury tax.
The cap for the 7/1/19-6/30/20 season is expected to be $109m.
The luxury tax is expected to be $132m.
The lower cap number is what needs to be factored in when trading for players or signing free agents.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:16 am

Yes cap space is different than luxury tax, but we only have salary commitments of $72M. A cap of $109M leaves us with cap space of $37M, not $22M...plenty to sign Terry and a full MLE.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:19 am

worcester wrote:Yes cap space is different than luxury tax, but we only have salary commitments of $72M.  A cap of $109M leaves us with cap space of $37M, not $22M...plenty to sign Terry and a full MLE.

NBCSN agrees with you - they call it 34.2 million in cap room, plenty to sign a max or new max deal.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/video/need-some-help-understanding-celtics-salary-cap
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:26 am

No matter what Boston will need a PG. If we renounce all of the CAP holds we are around the $72 million that worcester noted. Just add up the salaries of the players.

However if we renounce Rozier he becomes an unrestricted FA so I do not think that they will renounce him.

I think what we are likely to see is that TR will be resigned by Boston unless he comes home with a $18-$20 million deal looking for a salary match by Boston.

Boston will have the full MLE and should be able to add a veteran. Boston can use the veteran minimum exception, the 2nd round pick this year and some undrafted free agents to fill out the roster.

Once you have Terry under contract you have the option to trade him. I think Morris would stay if Boston gave him $12-$15 million which I would not do.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:35 am

Agree with you Dboss. Usually do.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:42 am

worcester wrote:Yes cap space is different than luxury tax, but we only have salary commitments of $72M.  A cap of $109M leaves us with cap space of $37M, not $22M...plenty to sign Terry and a full MLE.

Does your number factor in the cap holds for the 1st round picks and the additional roster holds?
All team are required to have at least 13 players.
If a team has only 7 players on their roster, there is a cap hold for 6 more players.
The cap hold this season will be about $850,000 per roster spot, so a team with 6 roster holds has to factor in an additional $5.1m that counts against their cap space.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:46 am

correct TJ
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:48 am

mrkleen09 wrote:

NBCSN agrees with you - they call it 34.2 million in cap room, plenty to sign a max or new max deal.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/video/need-some-help-understanding-celtics-salary-cap

Yes, this video is correct.
It is hard to imagine Boston losing Irving, Horford, Rozier and Morris.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:06 am

All this cap space depends on when you’re counting it and with what parameters. Do you include Theis (cut Ojeleye) or Rozier and are you valuing them at their cap holds or tenders? Are you including the 1st round picks? Have you put in any incomplete roster charges (and taken one out in regards to potential signings)?

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:24 am

KyleCleric wrote:All this cap space depends on when you’re counting it and with what parameters. Do you include Theis (cut Ojeleye) or Rozier and are you valuing them at their cap holds or tenders? Are you including the 1st round picks? Have you put in any incomplete roster charges (and taken one out in regards to potential signings)?

Go watch the video.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down