cowens/oldschool
9 posters

Go down

2022-2023 POST GAME UTAH JAZZ - AWAY Empty 2022-2023 POST GAME UTAH JAZZ - AWAY

Post by 112288 Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:20 am

Celtics Wrap: Boston Fails To Adapt Against Subpar Jazz In Loss
The C's are back in the loss column

NESN by Gio Rivera

The Boston Celtics came up short against the Utah Jazz, 118-117, on Saturday night at Vivint Arena.

The Celtics fell to 49-23 while the Jazz improved to 34-36 on their season.

ONE BIG TAKEAWAY
An ongoing trend throughout Boston’s two-week road trip has been stooping down to competition, which continued once more against a Jazz team that stood at the No. 11 seed in the Western Conference entering the night.

The Celtics’ box score would suggest they went head-to-head with one of the league’s best, fighting tooth and nail in the game’s crucial minutes. But then again, the Jazz looked the part with the way they guarded the rim. Boston knocked down 22 outside shot attempts, yet that served as a gap bridge to Utah’s 17 offensive rebounds — the most allowed by the Celtics in a game this season.

Meanwhile, with the Celtics in dire need of some darkhorse contribution, Grant Williams answered. Rummaging from minutes in recent weeks, Williams came through and drained a game-leading seven 3-pointers, stepping up as the Jazz wisely double-teamed go-to man Jayson Tatum. But that wasn’t enough to secure a win, despite possession of a 19-point lead in the second quarter.

The C’s were setback from the jump, missing three key starters — Marcus Smart, Al Horford and Robert Williams — before taking the floor. This posed an obvious task that head coach Joe Mazzulla attempted to overcome, filling the size void with alternative rotations featuring Mike Muscala and Luke Kornet on the front court. And that game plan, like children’s glue, wasn’t sustainable.

STARS OF THE GAME
— Williams, who wasn’t able to come through in the potential game-winning shot attempt, still registered an impressive showing. The 24-year-old finished with 23 points, shooting 8-of-16 from the field with four rebounds and six assists.

— Lauri Markkanen did right by his Most Improved Player of the Year campaign as Utah’s leader in the win. Markkanen notched a double-double, scoring a game-best 28 points with 10 rebounds and three assists.

— Malcolm Brogdon played leader in the reserve unit, scoring 16 points with four assists.

WAGER WATCH
FanDuel Sports set the over/under on Jaylen Brown’s 3-pointer total at 2.5 with +100 odds on the Over before game time in Salt Lake City. The 26-year-old All-Star cleared those odds by halftime, draining 3-of-6 shots from beyond the arc after the first two quarters. A $100 wager on Brown would’ve resulted in a $200 total payout.

UP NEXT
The Celtics, with another excruciating loss in the books, will end their six-game road trip against the Sacramento Kings. Tipoff on Tuesday night at Golden 1 Center is scheduled for 10 p.m. ET.

Back to top Go down

2022-2023 POST GAME UTAH JAZZ - AWAY Empty Re: 2022-2023 POST GAME UTAH JAZZ - AWAY

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:57 am

Highlight of the game was the 16-3 run at end of 3rd quarter. The line up of White, Brogdon, Jaylen, Moose and Luke really gelled. Wish we would have went with that line up at crunch time. GWill came out of a long slump and looked great. We get that GWill a few times in playoffs with Al and Timelord, we should be okay.

I’m gonna go easy on Tatum, he should have been rested, I didn’t want him to play in second game of b2b with a sore hip from that fall. He had to be hurting and it showed as he went scoreless the whole 2nd half and bricked everything. He needs at least 5 days off, we’re not seeing the same player as 2 months ago obviously. Why Joe continued to go to him in 4th on key possessions shows me his coaching and rotations are not up to the right vision. Again where was White at crunch time? We have seen Jayson wildly off and incapable of changing his game, if the coach would have told him to take a back seat; let Jaylen or Brogdon or White get the shot, we have other talented players and should have won this game. The tired banged up Jayson bricked everything in 4th, he couldn’t even hit simple lay ups, and I’m not ripping him, I know he tried.

Hope the staff can fix Tatum, I’m sure a good deep tissue massage and chiropractic adjustment would be good for him; or plain rest, like they do with Brogdon.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

2022-2023 POST GAME UTAH JAZZ - AWAY Empty Re: 2022-2023 POST GAME UTAH JAZZ - AWAY

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:15 am

Glad to hear that someone agrees with me about Tatum. This kid has the weight of the world on his shoulders right now. That fall he took had to have hurt, and I am really worried about his wrist, it seems to have thrown his shot off many times. I know many will say I am just looking for excuses but this game did not come down to Tatum, it came down on Joe. He was outcoached last night, they were doubling and tripling Tatum the whole night, Why could he not adjust. These kind of road trips at the end of a season can be a killer. I truly am worried about this team. Where the hell was DW in the fourth quarter????On the bench/ Why??? I believe this in and out season, never knowing who is playing, who is out, three, four guys, two starters, or three really. How do you gain some semblance of order. I truly wish we could be whole for the last two or three weeks. As it is now, what I feared has happened, we are now behind Philly. UGH. I believe someone with some veteran experience should be hired to help for the rest of the season. This does not mean Joe should be fired, he just needs a helping voice beside him
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:33 am

Totally agree Joe blew that game, he did some good things, found some good line ups, but didn’t do enough down the stretch….crap didn’t know we are behind Philly

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtics17 Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:35 am

I agree you can't put this on Tatum. He should have been rested, but we were so shorthanded he gutted it out. Actually I'm disappointed in the result but considering the circumstances I can't get too worked up. They were playing a B2B in 4000 foot altitude vs a team that had five days rest. They were missing their top 2 big men and starting point guard and best defender.

Other than Tatum, everyone played well. Grant was great. Kornet, Blake and Muscala played their butts off. That team is big and they are tough on the O boards. I thought our guys battled despite the disparity in second chance shots. I really can't blame anyone for the rebounding problems last night. That flagrant foul they called on Jaylen was a back breaker. I really didn't think he did anything that warranted that call. They hit a tough three after Kessler bricked the free throws. We should have been up 4 with the ball.

My only real problem gets back to coaching. Down one with 34 seconds Tatum rushes up a long 3 to ensure 2 possessions. Why Tatum? He obviously didn't have it last night. Go to Jaylen or Brogdon to make a play. The last play was a disaster. Again it was designed for Tatum. Why? Please give Jaylen or Brogdon a chance. These guys can make a play!!
Celtics17
Celtics17

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:36 am

Derrick White???? Where was he, he keeps getting lost in the fourth quarter. I hate dumping on him, I really like the guy, but also, why was that play not set up for Jaylen??? at least he finishes at the rim lately. Frustrated. I am disappointed that we could not hold onto this game. They were bigger than us, but we have more talent. Danny must have loved this one
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Pumpsie Green Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:15 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:Highlight of the game was the 16-3 run at end of 3rd quarter. The line up of White, Brogdon, Jaylen, Moose and Luke really gelled. Wish we would have went with that line up at crunch time. GWill came out of a long slump and looked great. We get that GWill a few times in playoffs with Al and Timelord, we should be okay.

I’m gonna go easy on Tatum, he should have been rested, I didn’t want him to play in second game of b2b with a sore hip from that fall. He had to be hurting and it showed as he went scoreless the whole 2nd half and bricked everything. He needs at least 5 days off, we’re not seeing the same player as 2 months ago obviously. Why Joe continued to go to him in 4th on key possessions shows me his coaching and rotations are not up to the right vision. Again where was White at crunch time? We have seen Jayson wildly off and incapable of changing his game, if the coach would have told him to take a back seat; let Jaylen or Brogdon or White get the shot, we have other talented players and should have won this game. The tired banged up Jayson bricked everything in 4th, he couldn’t even hit simple lay ups, and I’m not ripping him, I know he tried.

Hope the staff can fix Tatum, I’m sure a good deep tissue massage and chiropractic adjustment would be good for him; or plain rest, like they do with Brogdon.

I would go easy on him too (and I will in the future since my opinion about him has been written here several times), but last night was not an aberration. The average 3pt percentage for shots made this year is 37.8% (from basketballreference.com) and Tatum is below average at 34.5 for the year. He consistently muffs layups and turns the ball over too much, though I can't find stats on BR to support what I see watching the games. I realize that a lot of teams are doubling him and scheming to make it difficult for him but superstars overcome this. He needs to learn to pass the ball more as well. Too many times the play is Tatum dribble dribble dribble and shoot. Maybe he is hurt; I don't know. I know he had a wrist problem earlier, and maybe that hasn't completely healed.
I have said my piece on him.....I am not impressed with his performance this year.
Pumpsie Green
Pumpsie Green

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:28 pm

Celtics17 wrote:I agree you can't put this on Tatum. He should have been rested, but we were so shorthanded he gutted it out. Actually I'm disappointed in the result but considering the circumstances I can't get too worked up. They were playing a B2B in 4000 foot altitude vs a team that had five days rest. They were missing their top 2 big men and starting point guard and best defender.

Other than Tatum, everyone played well. Grant was great. Kornet, Blake and Muscala played their butts off. That team is big and they are tough on the O boards. I thought our guys battled despite the disparity in second chance shots. I really can't blame anyone for the rebounding problems last night. That flagrant foul they called on Jaylen was a back breaker. I really didn't think he did anything that warranted that call. They hit a tough three after Kessler bricked the free throws. We should have been up 4 with the ball.

My only real problem gets back to coaching. Down one with 34 seconds Tatum rushes up a long 3 to ensure 2 possessions. Why Tatum? He obviously didn't have it last night. Go to Jaylen or Brogdon to make a play. The last play was a disaster. Again it was designed for Tatum. Why? Please give Jaylen or Brogdon a chance. These guys can make a play!!

Exactly what I was thinking….we have so many talented players, how could you call that play with Tatum when you had the whole game to see/evaluate how he was playing…??? SIASJ, if we blow one playoff game like this, that’s all it takes to effect the outcome of a series. Joe is way over his head in in game adjustments

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:57 pm

NBA Play by Play - KTRN FM Radio- Celts vs. Jazz

4th quarter the Jazz are on a run and took the lead. I do a double take to find what I believed to be a missing piece-Derrick White. Didn’t see him.

Turned the TV off, left the house and headed to Wal-Mart. Got there, looked in both lobbies (Super Wal-Mart) No White and no pictures of White on either of the 2 lobby walls- None!

Jumped in the car headed for the Post Office. PO closed but Lobby open.
Once again no White and no pics of White on that lobby wall either.

Back in the car, bewildered, headed back to the house. Parked, back in the house I go in hot pursuit. Ran to the Fridge, opened the door grabbed the carton of milk. Looked all on 4 sides of the carton. Nope! No pics of White there either.

Frustrated and exhausted, headed back to the TV room turned the TV back on with 5 minutes to go in the game. Stared at the TV screen, blood pressure through the roof,  pissed to the height  of pisstivity. Jumped up and screamed at the top of my lungs, “WHERE THE HELL IS DERRICK WHITE????

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:03 pm

Once again the Boston Celtics have managed to wrestle a loss away from a victory.  In the same game, they lived and died from far away.  

Brad Steven made the trades for Derrick White and Malcom Brogdon because we needed more playmakers on the roster.

Unfortunately we have a coach that does not know when to play playmakers in a game down the stretch.

SIASJ has a zombie like devotion to the 3 point shot.  His team follows his lead right off the edge of a cliff.

That is why we are losing games at the end.  

So last night JT, who did not score in the 2nd half, launches a 29' walk up 3 pointer to begin a critical possession that began with 35 seconds remaining in the game and the Celtics down by 1 GD point 118-117.  

The Celtics were coming off of a full timeout so that play had the blessing of SIASJ.  Go get a quick shot so we have a 2 for 1 opportunity.  That is an end of QTR tactic and clearly not an option at the end of a game when you are only down one point.

As luck would have it, Horton who killed us all game long, turned the ball over and gave us one more chance to score the winning basket.

You know Grant Williams shot the lights out last night from deep.  He was well on his way to having one of his best games of the season.    

Unfortunately Grant is not a playmaker.  Yet he is the guy that gets the last touch of the game and he blows the opportunity.  It's so predictable that it is almost funny.  Almost!  He already had his junk swatted away earlier in the game when he tried to score at the rim against superior size yet there he is again attempting to do something that he is not good at doing.

Does it not remind you of the loss to the Bucks?

In the meantime Derrick White remains on the bench for the entire 4th QTR????

The Celtics have handed the keys to the luxury vehicle to a coach that flunked out of driving school.

His poor decision making in close out games should not be discounted however the main reason why we lost yet another game that we should have won is because we could not rebound the basketball.

That issue falls squarely in the lap of Brad Stevens and his absolute failure to sure up an obvious weakness on the team.

The Jazz played volleyball on the boards and kicked the Celtics ass, 17-8, on the offensive glass.

Great rebounders like man-bun (5.7 season average but 13 last night), Some guy named Lauri (8.6 season average but 10 last night) and Walker Kessler (8.6 season average but 14 last night) laid waste to the Celtics.

This is what happens when a GM who has done a great job building a championship level team does not finish the job.

What we have here is a GM who hired the wrong guy and then exacerbated his mistake by extending his contract and failed to assemble a team that can win a title without RW.  This MF'ing test is a Pass/Fail exam.  2nd place = an 'F'
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:27 pm

Unfortunately you are completely right dboss and many on this board were already saying we need further new blood at the 5 with RWIll’s history and Al’s age over the off season and the beginning of this season. Now that’s not the only issue, as our best player has not reacted well to being a workhorse. Tatum has been playing way too many minutes and look at him now…??? Well we will see what happens

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:29 pm

Ktron wrote:NBA Play by Play - KTRN FM Radio- Celts vs. Jazz

4th quarter the Jazz are on a run and took the lead. I do a double take to find what I believed to be a missing piece-Derrick White. Didn’t see him.

Turned the TV off, left the house and headed to Wal-Mart. Got there, looked in both lobbies (Super Wal-Mart) No White and no pictures of White on either of the 2 lobby walls- None!

Jumped in the car headed for the Post Office. PO closed but Lobby open.
Once again no White and no pics of White on that lobby wall either.

Back in the car, bewildered, headed back to the house. Parked, back in the house I go in hot pursuit. Ran to the Fridge, opened the door grabbed the carton of milk. Looked all on 4 sides of the carton. Nope! No pics of White there either.

Frustrated and exhausted, headed back to the TV room turned the TV back on with 5 minutes to go in the game. Stared at the TV screen, blood pressure through the roof,  pissed to the height  of pisstivity. Jumped up and screamed at the top of my lungs, “WHERE THE HELL IS DERRICK WHITE????

ktron

You have coined a new word for me. PISSTIVITY. Man that is great stuff. You took pissed to a level unknown to mankind. You took it to its' ultimate level!

I am casting my vote for the very best expression that captures the feeling that I have when watching a game like the one that we crapped away last night.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:32 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:Unfortunately you are completely right dboss and many on this board were already saying we need further new blood at the 5 with RWIll’s history and Al’s age over the off season and the beginning of this season. Now that’s not the only issue, as our best player has not reacted well to being a workhorse. Tatum has been playing way too many minutes and look at him now…??? Well we will see what happens

He was burnt out last year and he is being burnt out again. There is no burnt out award in the NBA.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:00 pm

dboss wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:Unfortunately you are completely right dboss and many on this board were already saying we need further new blood at the 5 with RWIll’s history and Al’s age over the off season and the beginning of this season. Now that’s not the only issue, as our best player has not reacted well to being a workhorse. Tatum has been playing way too many minutes and look at him now…??? Well we will see what happens

He was burnt out last year and he is being burnt out again.  There is no burnt out award in the NBA.

He’s reached the burnt toast level earlier this year 🥵😰

We need to use Hauser and GWill as a wing more next year, he can’t take all these minutes. He’s nowhere near as strong as Jaylen.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtics17 Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:19 pm

Guys I don’t what to say, all your points are valid. Really sucks because I think we have a team that can win, if coached right and played consistently. It’s frustrating. We all agree on the problems. Our hope is stay healthy and play each possession, I still think we can win, but the coach really worries me. We have other playmakers than JT. Use them!!’n
Celtics17
Celtics17

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:16 pm

Dboss and Jtron...you are both spot on. 100% correct. Cowens - seriously now, Jaylen needs to coat his wrist and hip with Renu 28 repeatedly. Why do these trainers not know about these simple natural healing remedies?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:59 am

worcester wrote:Dboss and Jtron...you are both spot on. 100% correct. Cowens - seriously now, Jaylen needs to coat his wrist and hip with Renu 28 repeatedly. Why do these trainers not know about these simple natural healing remedies?

I think you mean Jayson, but obviously it would benefit Jaylen too. I have run into health professionals that have heard of it, but for whatever reason don’t believe in it. So we know it works, people are skeptical by nature, I would love all the Celtics to be on Asea. I will text you further information tomorrow on a close friend of mine that was a first responder at 9/11 and has gotten great results after battling cancer for a few years and he loves the stuff.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:20 am

Weather Alert: White Out

Celtісѕ Newѕ: Celtісѕ’ Heаd Coасh Cаlled Out For ‘Bаfflіng’ Deсіѕіon
NBA 20/03/2023
Alot hаѕ been ѕаіd regаrdіng the Boѕton Celtісѕ’ fіnаl рlаy аgаіnѕt the Utаh Jаzz, where Grаnt Wіllіаmѕ oрted аgаіnѕt а drіbble-hаnd-off wіth Jаyѕon Tаtum іn fаvor of turnіng the сorner аnd аttасkіng the rіm, only to hаve hіѕ ѕhot bloсked.

Yet, іn а Mаrсh 19 аrtісle by NBC Sрortѕ Boѕton’ѕ Chrіѕ Forѕberg, the Celtісѕ аnаlyѕt hаѕ looked раѕt thаt fаteful рoѕѕeѕѕіon аnd іnѕteаd rаіѕed the queѕtіon of why Derrісk Whіte dіdn’t ѕee mіnutes in the 4th quarter.
A blown 19-point lead. Uninspired play calling in the final minute. All while Derrick White sits the entire 4th and Jaylen Brown can’t get a late-game touch. A disheartening night in Utah.
“But Whіte’ѕ fourth-quаrter DNP on Sаturdаy nіght wаѕ downrіght bаfflіng,” Forѕberg wrote. “The Celtісѕ were рlаyіng wіthout three ѕtаrterѕ, іnсludіng Smаrt, аnd сouldn’t fіnd аny tіme for Whіte? Yeѕ, the Celtісѕ needed ѕіze but Whіte іѕ one of the teаm’ѕ beѕt deсіѕіon-mаkerѕ аnd саn often negаte the ѕіze he gіveѕ uр wіth hіѕ bаѕketbаll IQ. He needѕ to be on the floor more regаrdleѕѕ of mаtсhuрѕ.”
Whіte hаѕ been exсellent for Boѕton thіѕ ѕeаѕon аnd hаѕ рroduсed every tіme hіѕ number hаѕ been саlled. So, іn а gаme where the Celtісѕ were ѕhort-hаnded аnd were ѕtrugglіng to сontrol the gаme, Whіte’ѕ рreѕenсe сould hаve been а legіtіmаte dіfferenсe-mаker down the ѕtretсh.
Grаnt Wіllіаmѕ Iѕѕueѕ Stаtement After Fіnаl Shot
When ѕрeаkіng to the medіа followіng Boѕton’ѕ lаteѕt loѕѕ, he аddreѕѕed hіѕ deсіѕіon-mаkіng іn the dyіng momentѕ of the gаme, ѕhаrіng hіѕ reаѕonіng аѕ to why he сhoѕe to drіve the bаll.
“The рlаy wаѕ deѕіgned to get the bаll to JT, Wіllіаmѕ ѕаіd. “Normаlly, the bіg іѕ the one thаt’ѕ guаrdіng…“It wаѕ lіke, ‘I’ve got to get а ѕhot uр аt leаѕt. So I trіed to mаke сontасt wіth Wаlker аnd ѕhot fаke аnd try to get the bаll uр, аt leаѕt on the glаѕѕ, ѕo we сould get аn offenѕіve rebound аnd tір. He mаde а good рlаy аnd got the bаll аnd bloсked іt, аnd аfter thаt, no tіme left…When I саught іt, I wаѕ lіke ‘I gottа fіnd а wаy to get аt leаѕt а ѕhot аttemрt,’ but there wаѕ no аvenue іn thаt ѕсenаrіo”

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:41 am

Yes Cow. I meant Jayson.

Don't know why White was riding the pine. Can't fathom Joe's reasoning.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:38 pm

Some light at the end of the tunnel...RW may play on Tuesday.

It is going to take him a few outings to get back into game shape.  There are 10 games left so that should be enough time to realize the Rob affect.  

If he can play well and be available for the playoffs, the Celtics chances should improve.

The team has been dropping games by a couple of possessions and I think that his offensive rebounding (3 per game) will get us more scoring opportunities.   We know that he is going to rebound the ball and provide rim protection.  

Even if CJ coached the perfect game, our team needs to be able to rebound the ball.  The Team has struggled to do that consistently.  

Rob's impact will not erase all of the ills that have challenged the team but it gives me a glimmer of hope.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:31 pm

Yes. A bright ray of hope.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:57 pm

It is a ray, but I just wonder if we will see the real Rob this year, he has struggled at times to even come close to the player we loved so much last year. Even a three quarters of Rob will be a welcome sight. The rebounding situation is atrocious, but give props to Blake and Kornet, they worked their tails off whenever they were put into games. I just wonder, are we seeing a worn out Tatum? He has played the most minutes of just about everyone in the league. This kid needs a break. I will not give up hope though, maybe we peaked too soon, fell down, and are on our way to picking ourselves back up.......????? That is the green bleeding out of me here Never say die
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:35 pm

Rosalie small sample size but I saw some good games from him before the hammy.

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/4066211/robert-williams-iii
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bygone Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:07 am

I agree with all of the above comments, and this is a bit off topic but I bring it around at the end.

I've watched the UConn women's hoops team over the years with their remarkable success. They've had a very tough year: Paige Bueckers out all season with her second knee surgery, Fudd just returning from injury, and Ducharme also just back. Coach lost his mother this year, an assistant coach collapsed on court, yet they've done well. The bench and new additions are excellent and they have carried them to #2 in their conference.

I watched their game against Vermont and I felt sorry for the out-matched UVm team. Last night they played a tough Baylor team who smoked them with 3s and great defense in the 1st quarter. UConn is no slouch shooting 3s either, but with their talented and big bigs, who can play the post, defend and shoot, and their slashing driving guards who can defend and shoot, they are a force inside and that willingness to do the tough work inside brought them a convincing victory.

Boston has the guards who can slash and shoot, they've got a big Tatum who can defend, rebound and shoot, they lack the depth in bigs that the UConn women have but RWill returning will help there (my fingers are crossed Rosalie). Coach Joe's fixation on the three, I get it, but if it's not working they've got to work the paint. That's just me another poorly informed but longstanding Celtic's fan. But when the C's get a lead, and they blow it, why is that? I think it's psychology: they think "we're better than they are" and then they slip off the hard defense and hard work in the paint. Their 3 point success contributes to that attitude, and when they've slipped into 3 point euphoria overdrive, they need to change and downshift to hard defense and fighting in the paint. Please.
bygone
bygone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down