+6
worcester
prakash
NYCelt
Ktron
dboss
10 posters

Go down

What if you were in Brad's shoes? Empty What if you were in Brad's shoes?

Post by 112288 Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:05 pm

I ask this question to all. What if we do not win the NBA finals this year? And you were in Brad's shoes /position!

WHAT WOULD YOU DO OVER THE SUMMER WITH THIS TEAM?

Last edited by 112288 on Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

What if you were in Brad's shoes? Empty Re: What if you were in Brad's shoes?

Post by dboss Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:23 pm

Several options for Brad to consider.  he could

Dive head first off of the Tobin Bridge

Gleefully offer Grant Williams the Tax Payer MLE

Make a trade by packaging PP and GW and a pick if needed for an unknown long athletic big.

Call Ime in Houston and make a heart felt "I'm so happy you got a job"  proclamation while you remind him that the payment buyout schedule will be ending according to the previously agreed upon agreement.

Offer Jaylen another below market value extension and then trade him to the Hawks when he turns the offer down.

Call Ime again and find out if he would be interested in Marcus Smart to help build a defensive culture.

Promote Joe Mazzula to a front office position.

Contact Nick Nurse with a 'we really need a full time bitching coach' offer.

relax...don't do S--t
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:54 pm

dboss wrote:Several options for Brad to consider.  he could

Dive head first off of the Tobin Bridge

Gleefully offer Grant Williams the Tax Payer MLE

Make a trade by packaging PP and GW and a pick if needed for an unknown long athletic big.

Call Ime in Houston and make a heart felt "I'm so happy you got a job"  proclamation while you remind him that the payment buyout schedule will be ending according to the previously agreed upon agreement.

Offer Jaylen another below market value extension and then trade him to the Hawks when he turns the offer down.

Call Ime again and find out if he would be interested in Marcus Smart to help build a defensive culture.

Promote Joe Mazzula to a front office position.

Contact Nick Nurse with a 'we really need a full time bitching coach' offer.

relax...don't do S--t

I’ll respond later, I’m having to much fun laughing right now. LOL

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:59 pm

First, I would call for a tee time, go play my round and then have lunch.

After that, I would run by the TD Garden and make sure there is room to hang another banner in June of '24.

Last, I would log in to Sam's Celtics Forum and ask them what they would do, since so many of them know so much better than me.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:27 pm

I am not saying it will definitely happen, but it is very hard to win an NBA Championship and the way the Celtics are composed and their lack of a killer attitude, it could happen.

So if it does happen, what would I do to try to fix the existing flaws. Here is my take:

1) Sign a free agent starting 5 Big (7' +) who can provide offense both in the paint and from outside. The Celtics are currently weak in having a multi facieted center who can do both offensively. Yes, Williams can rebound and is a great defenive player but on offense, attention is focused on Tatem and Brown by the defensive in guarding shooting from the 3 arc.

I think Williams can be a great 6th man off the bench where he can provide defense, some offense and limited minutes to stretch his longevity and not get hurt every year.

2) A starting point guard who can score and distribute the ball on offense. I would put Smart coming off the bench.

3) Get a real 3 point knock down shooter please!

In addition a guy who can give you rebounding capabilities, and defense in the paint.

Back to top Go down

Post by prakash Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:19 pm

I think that the Celts can win it this year provided they play with poise.

I have thoughts about next year but will discuss those only after this season is over.

prakash

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:36 pm

1. Give Galinari's trainer an incentive based bonus.

2. Give Rob Williams' trainer an incentive based bonus.

worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:01 pm

Having a tad bit of fun here.

I dug out my 1969 T-Shirt " I love Cynics". Add a few layers of sarcasm and a dash or two of distain.

On the subject of the 7 footer that can play inside and out.  Would that be elbows in or elbows out?
Should we use our CAP space to sign him and can we possibly waive a requirement for him to play defense?

I hear there is a starting level PG named Derren Wright who is available right now.  Is it too late to kick some guy off the roster?

We could probably make a trade for a knock down 3 point shooter.  Maybe package PP, Grant and Sammy Davis Hauser to find a quality 3 point shooter.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:25 pm

dBoss,
I love to add a little spice to life!

But honestly, in stead of moan and groan the next few days before the next game, let us all play a little bit of "Presisent of Basketball" and get some constructive discussions going. This roster will not be the same next year - with or without a championship banner.

And you have to admit, that my suggestion regarding moving Williams to the bench as 6th man makes sense along with a point guard and a shooter.

I just do not understand Houser. They keep him, yet they hardly use him, what gives! If he is not what you wanted as a wing who can shoot 3's, trade him!

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:37 pm

112288 wrote:dBoss,
I love to add a little spice to life!

But honestly, in stead of moan and groan the next few days before the next game, let us all play a little bit of "Presisent of Basketball" and get some constructive discussions going. This roster will not be the same next year - with or without a championship banner.

And you have to admit, that my suggestion regarding moving Williams to the bench as 6th man makes sense along with a point guard and a shooter.

I just do not understand Houser. They keep him, yet they hardly use him, what gives! If he is not what you wanted as a wing who can shoot 3's, trade him!

There are a lot of unknowns in play.

I may be better able to do a deep dive into this after the playoffs are over. I still believe the Celtics can win the title this year.

With respect to Williams (assuming you are referring to Rob) Forsberg, one of the NBCSports Boston guys, posted a chart the other day which indicated the Rob/Horford pairing is producing off the chart numbers. I think the net rating with them on the court was something like +44

CJ has actually ramped up Rob's minutes the last two games and we are seeing more 2 big lineups with him and Al.

One reason why Rob probably needs to come off the bench is because we do not have a legit backup center if Rob and Al start. That is one thing that I thought Brad should have acquired. Time will tell if that comes back and bites the Celtics on the buttock.

The big question is not about Hauser. It is about Grant and why has he fallen into the DNP status during 4 out of the 5 games played against the Hawks. Hauser puts forth a decent effort on defense but he is really not capable of checking a wing like De'Andre Hunter over an extended period of time.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:28 pm

dBoss,

Yes I saw that stat, but there is a but!

Horford is a great player and pairing him with Willaims at center makes him a great power forward. However, first remember Al Horford is going on 37 years old. How much can you expect from him going forward.

Second, we are not addressing Williams inability to shoot from byond the 3 arc which limits the Celtics ability to spead the floor better. If Williams only had an outside shot, he would be unstoppable. Then you can get players cutting in and out of the paint and the defense trying to keep up, not knowing who is going to pop from where.

Grant Williams not playing. Must be that Grant was asking for more playing time or disagreed on certain offensive sets, and so the hammer came down. I must say both Brown and Grant were the only players over the last 2 years to truly transform their game to a higher level.

Hauser? Must be that he is seen as a defensive liability and so that negates his atribute to shoot the 3 ball. Very odd situation. Ya keep the guy on the team for what 3 years and then this year tout he will play a big part off the bench, and the guy cannot even get major minutes and at least 10 - 15 touches for shots. What gives? If that is the case, trade or acquire through free agency a true sniper!

Actually, I would like to see Smart come off the bench rather than start. He would be a great asset by coming in and locking down the other team with his defense, and some needed offense. Get a point guard who can distribute and who can score. That can open up a number of opprotunities by either drawing the defense out and thereby openning the paint for drives to the basket, or passes to players cutting to the rim. I think a new PG would open many possibilities for White as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:43 pm

Whatever the outcome ring or not, I prefer to wait until the end of the C’s season to put my GM hat on.

I will say this though. What I will not do is hit the golf course and wait till 2024.

If I’m Brad and I even dream that I should wake up, apologize to Wyc and the entire Commonwealth of Massachusetts and then take my narrow a$$ back to Indiana.

Stand by.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:56 pm

First, I'd take them off and hand them back to Brad. He wears a regular width and I have to go with a wider shoe. To much pinch-pinch with the narrow ones.

Next, I'd thank him for doing such a great job with his team building. For the most part, they're a fun bunch to watch. Watching them play in May and maybe into June is such a bonus as well.

Thanks Brad, and thanks to your team-building helpers as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by prakash Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:33 am

We can try to get Kyrie!

prakash

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:23 am

prakash,

THOSE negotiations, (or lack there of) will be interesting over the summer.  Almost forgot about that ensuing 3-ring circus!! I'm going for crickets!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:27 am

NYCelt wrote:First, I would call for a tee time, go play my round and then have lunch.

After that, I would run by the TD Garden and make sure there is room to hang another banner in June of '24.

Last, I would log in to Sam's Celtics Forum and ask them what they would do, since so many of them know so much better than me.

Hahahaa

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:31 pm

I'm going to wait until if/when the Celtics don't win the Finals before I offer my opinion. It occurs to me that seeing why we didn't win might have an impact on any recommendations I might offer.

See you in June.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down