cowens/oldschool
Matty
jeb
NYCelt
9 posters

Go down

KG's Beat LA shoes Empty KG's Beat LA shoes

Post by NYCelt Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:17 pm

The Big Ticket has some special kicks for the game Sunday, featuring the Celtics all-time record against LA!

Link to the article below.

KG's Beat LA shoes Ept_sports_nba_experts-655655474-1296181304

KG's Beat LA shoes Ept_sports_nba_experts-664454420-1296181338

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Kevin-Garnett-s-Beat-L-A-shoe;_ylt=An6KR5.oInuDwPrj505fJ3y8vLYF?urn=nba-313525
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

KG's Beat LA shoes Empty Re: KG's Beat LA shoes

Post by jeb Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:43 pm

hey nyc where ya been?
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:55 pm

I saw this earlier on Yahoo! news and found i like KG as a Celtic even more now than ever before.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:32 pm

jeb wrote:hey nyc where ya been?

Jeb,

It's been incredibly busy between work, taking care of aging parents and an active almost 7-year old.

I hope you are doing well; seems to me last I read you've begun treatments and you're even behaving yourself just a little!

Crossing my fingers that after I get my office moved to our new location next month things will slow down enough that I can catch more games and time here.

Besides that, I've been missing Matty and Cowens' avatars.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:58 am

.....oh really

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:15 pm

thats 153-120

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:38 pm

As much as I like KG and his intensity, and his style of play, I think putting that on his shoes is bush league. You really want to get into your opponents head, beat the crap out of them and stay humble.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:48 pm

I don't like the idea either. I believe in never giving the other team bulletin board material.

Besides, adding to Cowens' comment, those shoes are now obsolete.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:55 am

Obsolete but probably worth a chunk of change. Knowing how superstitious athletes tend to be, he may start wearing the record on his shoes until they lose to the Lakers.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:14 am

What'll he do? Cover the numbers with adhesive and write the new numbers as he goes along? Heck, when I was a kid, I had Keds that looked like that after a year.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:07 pm

KG backed it all up with his play but I am inclined to vote with you fellas. Stay hungry and humble.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:32 pm

Really don;t have an issue with it too much. If LA needs a pair of 18 or so size shoes with a little few numbers on um to get them motivated they got a lot bigger issues.

And perhaps with the use of a bit of velcro the numbers can be updated quite easily. And really after the game starts who thinks about them anyway. Now if KG had had come back with the bandage on his head reading that, 153-120 on his bald head THAT would have been interesting.

Wonder how many pairs of sneakers the average NBA player goes thru each season? Or how many games each pair last.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:58 pm

Just as I wouldn't expect Phil to wear shoes that have 11-1 etched in them when he coaches against Doc, neither could I imagine or approve of any Lakers player mocking another team by altering their shoes, especially if they have only been on the team for a few years and have contributed only a small percentage of those wins that were compared.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:09 pm

I made it a point to look during the game and noticed he was not wearing them.

Here's an interesting thought that came up in conversation with a friend who's also a lifelong Celtic fan; is it time for one of the Celtic greats (Hondo or Russ) to have a little talk with KG?

He was always known to be a fierce competitor and a bit of a trash talker, but lately it's getting very "un-Celtic".

We've had our share of enforcers in the past, but they weren't ever thugs; they more retaliated than provoked. KG's obvious shot to the groin that got him an early exit against the Blazers is a recent example. I tend to agree with my friend that KG needs to tone it down a little. Let his ability do the talking before he starts to lose credibility as the leader he should be in the Celtic tradition.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:17 pm

LACELTFAN wrote:As much as I like KG and his intensity, and his style of play, I think putting that on his shoes is bush league. You really want to get into your opponents head, beat the crap out of them and stay humble.

That is your opinion on how to do things.....there is CLEARLY more than one way to do it....as KG is one of the best players of his generation. And to listen to the revisionist history out here about the Celtics having some kind of "classy" attitude over the years is comical.

Tommy CONSTANTLY talks about how they would police their game on their own, and step on the chest of anyone that tried to take a second charge - and Larry Bird was one of the all time biggest smack talkers in NBA history.

If you dont like KGs style, that is fine. But lets not pretend the old time Celtics were choir boys....as they were NOT. They played hard, they did what the had to to get the advantage, and most of all - THEY WON GAMES....seems to me those are the same things KG brings to the team.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:32 pm

Mrkleen, I said nothing about the old Celtics, but I wasn't crazy about Birds trash talk either, although he usually backed it up. Trash talk isn't going to go away but when everyone is doing it, it's not very effective in my opinion. The big secret is that you don't need to trash talk when you beat someone, they know you beat them. If you trash talk and they beat you, well then you're just blowin smoke...When you rub someone's face in it, eventually you're going to get decked and you will have asked for it, it's bush league...
KG's shoes aren't a big deal but I happen to think that beating your opponent soundly is all you have to say...They'll get your point.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:47 pm

LACELTFAN wrote:Mrkleen, I said nothing about the old Celtics, but I wasn't crazy about Birds trash talk either, although he usually backed it up. Trash talk isn't going to go away but when everyone is doing it, it's not very effective in my opinion. The big secret is that you don't need to trash talk when you beat someone, they know you beat them. If you trash talk and they beat you, well then you're just blowin smoke...When you rub someone's face in it, eventually you're going to get decked and you will have asked for it, it's bush league...
KG's shoes aren't a big deal but I happen to think that beating your opponent soundly is all you have to say...They'll get your point.

I guess I don’t get it. Wouldn’t being the only guy in NBA history to average 20/10/5 for six consecutive seasons mean you have been “backing it up” for years? Why is it OK for Bird to talk and not KG?

KG is all about getting inside the head of his opponents. Wearing those shoes with the record in a place where no one could possibly see them unless they knew it was there….is KGs way of getting under the skin of the Lakers. He doesn’t have to say anything in that case – so not sure how that qualified as talking trash anyway.

Whatever it takes to get KG pumped up the perform at the level he did last night, is fine with me. This is the pursuit of an NBA title, not a popularity contest.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down