Embiid Injury

5 posters

Go down

Embiid Injury Empty Embiid Injury

Post by Celtics17 Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:51 am

What does everyone think about the severity of Embiid's injury? My first impression was Doc is just playing games and he's definitely playing tomorrow. Now I'm not so sure. If he truly has a grade 1 LCL sprain, I think it does take 1-2 weeks to heal enough to be able to play.
Celtics17
Celtics17

Back to top Go down

Embiid Injury Empty Re: Embiid Injury

Post by dboss Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:02 am

Embid has a well documented injury history.

I know some fans think that Doc is being less than candid about the seriousness of the injury.

The Sixers should proceed with Caution because if he plays tomorrow night and his injury is aggravated it could shut him down for weeks.

The Celtics should approach the game and be prepared to win regardless of Embid's availability.

In any event, I like the Celtics chances to win round 2.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtics17 Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:36 pm

dboss wrote:Embid has a well documented injury history.

I know some fans think that Doc is being less than candid about the seriousness of the injury.

The Sixers should proceed with Caution because if he plays tomorrow night and his injury is aggravated it could shut him down for weeks.

The Celtics should approach the game and be prepared to win regardless of Embid's availability.

In any event, I like the Celtics chances to win round 2.

+1
Celtics17
Celtics17

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon May 01, 2023 11:47 am

Brian Robb @BrianTRobb
about 15 minutes ago
Joel Embiid underwent a PRP treatment last week and some around 76ers would consider it a 'miracle' if he played Game 1 per @Shams Charania

Bob
MY NOTE: Latest, as of Game Day morning.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon May 01, 2023 12:09 pm

I will believe it when I see it. Somehow, I just do not trust Rivers and his whining. We will see. The one thing the Celtics must be aware of is that this team can still beat them without him, if they let them. Let's win these two games in Boston, hold home court, and get this team out of the way as fast as they can. Miami and New York are going to beat up on each other big time. We should be weary of either one of them
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon May 01, 2023 12:27 pm

All I can say is we've seen this movie before in the first round when one of your opponents top scorers is out and playing down to the competition on the floor. Bit us in the ass. It wasn't enough to serve it up on a platter, but we were toying with it. We may get a second chance to show what we've learned starting tonight. If we haven't learned our lesson, and can't beat a desperate PHI team at home tonight sans Embiid, it's going to get messy very quickly. We are currently on the tail end of showing championship mettle (MIA, DEN, PHI, GSW, LAL probably in that order) to date in these playoffs. But the first round is over. Time to change the narrative

It comes down to whose situation is more dire? Our desire to get back to the Finals to right a wrong or PHI's impending doom of not getting out of the 2nd round for the last 3 years. Right now on paper, PHI looks like they have that edge of who's more desperate. And if we don't shut down either Embiid or Harden, we're in trouble. Harden may shut down himself and give us a helping hand. While this is expected given his career performance in these situations, we can't count on that. So we will also need to lock down a Maxey or Harris as well and keep all the chickens in the cage.

It's time to show who's going to the Finals.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon May 01, 2023 12:29 pm

my biggest issue is watching Embid going to the line for 20 times a game
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon May 01, 2023 12:34 pm

Yeah, tonight has all the makings of a PHI win, so I'm going to go ahead and call it.  PHI wins G1.

Why you might ask?

1.  Our lack of showing up in G5 last round via playing down to our competition and not applying the lesson learned
2.  The whole Embiid mystery.  We're going to fall for this somehow
3.  PHI's desperation vs. our will to win
4.  Inconsistent JT so far.  We need a Jimmy Butler-like Playoff JT
5.  Our dominance for the regular season (3-1) not translating to the playoffs
6.   Harden's disappearance when it matters all these years now all the sudden showing up
7.  The Heavens recently opening up for us and returning the gift.

That's a good start.  

db

P.S. dboss just saw your initial response post while I was typing above. You know me and the ledge/edge!!

Last edited by dbrown4 on Mon May 01, 2023 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon May 01, 2023 1:01 pm

dbrown4 wrote:Yeah, tonight has all the makings of a PHI win, so I'm going to go ahead and call it.  PHI wins G1.  

db

db

Take 3 steps back from the edge.

The Sixers have not won a road playoff Game 1 vs the Celtics since 1981.  That makes it 6-0 for the Celtics.  2020, 2018, 2012, 2002, 1985 and 1982.

Embid not playing does not mean that Boston will play down to their opponent.  I am assuming that is what you have a doubt about.

Make no bout adoubt it.  The Celtics will win game 1 at home.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down