Report: Celtics Still Interested In Drafting Embiid Despite Foot Injury

5 posters

Go down

Report:  Celtics Still Interested In Drafting Embiid Despite Foot Injury Empty Report: Celtics Still Interested In Drafting Embiid Despite Foot Injury

Post by bobheckler Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:25 am

http://nesn.com/2014/06/report-celtics-still-interested-in-drafting-joel-embiid-despite-foot-injury/

Report: Celtics Still Interested In Drafting Joel Embiid Despite Foot Injury
by Ben Watanabe on Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 7:32PM

WALTHAM, Mass. — The news of Joel Embiid’s foot injury Thursday was devastating, first and foremost, for Embiid himself. The stress fracture to the navicular bone in the 20-year-old’s right foot could cost him several months off the court, not to mention a fall in his draft stock.

Yet while other teams run away and hide from the injury-plagued big man, the Boston Celtics might be taking a closer look.

The Celtics will give “serious thought” to trading up from their No. 6 slot to select Embiid in the 2014 NBA draft next week, A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE reports, citing sources. The possibility that Embiid now could be available beyond the top three picks adds considerable intrigue to the Celtics’ draft-night plans.

Another source told the Sporting News that “you can’t use a top-five pick” on Embiid given the recent developments. That means the Celtics could be poised to grab him — or to deal their pick to a separate team that would grab him — in the sixth slot.

Embiid’s foot is not his first injury scare. He was shut down late in the season with a stress fracture in his spine, although he given a clean bill of health by the Cleveland Cavaliers, the only team Embiid agreed to work out for.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Report:  Celtics Still Interested In Drafting Embiid Despite Foot Injury Empty Re: Report: Celtics Still Interested In Drafting Embiid Despite Foot Injury

Post by Sam Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:47 pm

I wonder whose presence would represent the best reason for Kevin Love to give serious consideration to coming to the Celtics—Joel Embiid or Omer Asik or Marcin Gortat.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Report:  Celtics Still Interested In Drafting Embiid Despite Foot Injury Empty Re: Report: Celtics Still Interested In Drafting Embiid Despite Foot Injury

Post by bobheckler Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:50 pm

sam wrote:I wonder whose presence would represent the best reason for Kevin Love to give serious consideration to coming to the Celtics—Joel Embiid or Omer Asik or Marcin Gortat.

Sam

sam,

You seem to have repeatedly suggested that the #6 pretty much MUST go to Houston in order to acquire Asik.

I'm not sure that's the case and, if that's true, then it's not an either/or situation.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:06 pm

Is Embiid having surgery Saturday?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/draft/2014/06/19/joel-embiid-foot-injury-no-1-pick-kansas-cleveland-cavaliers/10868933/

"Joel Embiid suffered a stress fracture to the navicular bone in his right foot," his agent, Arn Tellem said in a statement. "He is scheduled to have surgery tomorrow. Joel will be unable to participate in any additional workouts, and will not attend the draft in New York. We will have no further comment until after the surgery."

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:22 pm

kdp59 wrote:Is Embiid having surgery  Saturday?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/draft/2014/06/19/joel-embiid-foot-injury-no-1-pick-kansas-cleveland-cavaliers/10868933/

"Joel Embiid suffered a stress fracture to the navicular bone in his right foot," his agent, Arn Tellem said in a statement. "He is scheduled to have surgery tomorrow. Joel will be unable to participate in any additional workouts, and will not attend the draft in New York. We will have no further comment until after the surgery."

Joel is having surgery today.
That story was from yesterday.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:29 pm

Embiid tweeted this picture of himself prior to surgery along with "Ready".

Report:  Celtics Still Interested In Drafting Embiid Despite Foot Injury 2Q==

I don't know what I'd call that look, but "ready" isn't what comes to mind.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:36 pm

Outside wrote:Embiid tweeted this picture of himself prior to surgery along with "Ready".

Report:  Celtics Still Interested In Drafting Embiid Despite Foot Injury 2Q==

I don't know what I'd call that look, but "ready" isn't what comes to mind.

I think Joel just figured out how many millions he will lose over his rookie contract due to his foot injury.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:19 pm

The cap's a nice look for him.  I think he should keep it in the act.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down