Celts vs Sixers, Round 2 Game One - HOME

4 posters

Go down

Celts vs Sixers, Round 2 Game One - HOME Empty Celts vs Sixers, Round 2 Game One - HOME

Post by dboss Mon May 01, 2023 12:34 pm

The Celtics begin round 2 of the playoffs with a home game against the Sixers.

So how will this one play out?

The Celtics have won the previous 5 playoff series vs the 76ers.  They have played a total of 109 playoff games and hold a 62-47 record.  However, some of those game were vs the former Sixers team known as the Syracuse Nationals. (1950-63)

The Sixers swept Brooklyn 4-0.  The Sixers only averaged 103.8 PPG.  Crooklyn only averaged 92.5 PPG.  Overall that was a slow down series as Philly took 85.5 FGA per game and the anemic Nets only took 77.

As everyone has heard, Joel Embid has a strain knee which may keep him out of game one.  He is listed as doubtful but that could change.

I really hope that he plays because it means he will slow them down.

The Celtics beat them 3 - 1 during the regular season losing game 4 by 2 measly points 103-101.  I guess if the Celtics checked PJ Tucker in the corners the outcome would have been different.

Celtics are favored by 9.5 with an O/U of 214.5.  Take the Celtics to cover the spread and take the over.

I expect the Celtics to win the series 4-1. The players and/or the coach may give a game away.

It seems to me that things are setting up nicely for the Celtics to win the East.  They have home court and should dispatch the Sixers while the Heat and Knicks beat up on each other. The Heat are up 1-0 but I still have a feeling that the Knicks will win that series.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Celts vs Sixers, Round 2 Game One - HOME Empty Re: Celts vs Sixers, Round 2 Game One - HOME

Post by sinus007 Mon May 01, 2023 3:04 pm

Hi,
My only question is is Embiid playing?
If not, the outcome is clear. There's, of course, a possibility of humongous brain fart on Celtics part. But I think the probability of that is negligible.
Also, I hope all Celtics are playing.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Celts vs Sixers, Round 2 Game One - HOME Empty Re: Celts vs Sixers, Round 2 Game One - HOME

Post by dboss Mon May 01, 2023 3:55 pm

sinus007 wrote:Hi,
My only question is is Embiid playing?
If not, the outcome is clear. There's, of course, a possibility of humongous brain fart on Celtics part. But I think the probability of that is negligible.
Also, I hope all Celtics are playing.

AK  
Sinus007

Everyone but Gallo should be playing.

Did you ever see the old Syracuse  Nationals play?
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by prakash Mon May 01, 2023 3:58 pm

I want Embiid to play Game 1. Let us not face the need to plan for surprises and adjust twice.

Having said that, without Embiid, the Celts should just pound the Sixers inside. Yes, Tucker can be a nuisance. But other than that, Celts should see success.

With Embiid, this will become a battle of will on the boards. Get your share of boards and run and we can run Embiid out of the gym.

Looking forward to the game. Go Celts!

prakash

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon May 01, 2023 5:51 pm

Jay King @ByJayKing
2 minutes ago
Joe Mazzulla said he liked the way the Atlanta series went. Good and bad, he said the Celtics can learn a lot from it. When asked how to stop the Celtics from taking the 76ers lightly without Joel Embiid, Mazzulla pointed out they went 12-5 without him.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed May 03, 2023 10:54 am

Brian Robb @BrianTRobb
about 41 minutes ago
Despite being listed as doubtful on injury report, Joel Embiid plans to make quick return for Game 2 barring any setbacks per @ShamsCharania

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down