NYCelt
cowens/oldschool
dboss
dbrown4
prakash
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

PLAYOFFS 2023 - EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS GAME #1 - POST GAME MIAMI HEAT - HOME - Page 2 Empty Re: PLAYOFFS 2023 - EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS GAME #1 - POST GAME MIAMI HEAT - HOME

Post by Ktron Fri May 19, 2023 3:32 pm

NYCelt wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:
dboss wrote:A couple of things popped out.

It seemed like Marcus was not running our offense in the 2nd half.  He was great in the first half.  I like him running our offense more than any other player on the team.  

JT did not get enough looks in the 2nd half and when they finally got him the ball late, he fumbled away his opportunities. The 10 combined TOV by our All  NBAers was horrible.

I am afraid that CJ is still allergic to calling timeouts to change the momentum of a game and to call specific plays for guys.  

While it was nice to see PP get some run he is too small to switch and Butler took advantage of him. Maybe if you feel the need to play PP, you change up the defense and play a zone.

The offense was not great but we still managed to score 116 points.  Therefore, the 7 point deficit can be traced to piss poor defense which was characterized by not closing out to shooters on the perimeter.

It is what it is.  A loss on Friday by the Celtics would pretty much turn this voyage into a shipwreck.

Come on man!! When I see a successful basket off a ATO it will be the first time!!

True. No positive correlation whatsoever between ATO plays and made baskets. We've been through this before.

Here's a random link to one of many, many studies found online on the subject. It's an older one from 2020 but was at the top of the list: https://towardsdatascience.com/analysis-of-after-timeout-plays-in-nba-f69952f74779

Odds of scoring on these is less than 50/50 by most well thought out accounts I can find, and by the 'eye-test' or recall many of us non-stat heads rely on.

I can see being critical of a coach for not using TOs if the team is fatigued. I've seen Mazzulla let them run when it looks like they're dragging, so that might be a fair criticism. Maybe too, if a player like Marcus is hobbled like he was last night, and you don't want to take him out again, a TO might be in order. But if you're looking for points, there is an equal argument for just letting 'em run.

And also the ability to take the ball out at half court as opposed to full court running precious time off the clock.
Agree. I’m not sure either if id wait until fatigue sets in. We should want to avoid the fatigue factor by being proactive during in-game evaluation.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

PLAYOFFS 2023 - EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS GAME #1 - POST GAME MIAMI HEAT - HOME - Page 2 Empty Re: PLAYOFFS 2023 - EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS GAME #1 - POST GAME MIAMI HEAT - HOME

Post by Ktron Fri May 19, 2023 3:52 pm

I was listening to the Dan Patrick show this morning and a guest brought up a very good point.
He stated that the Celtics from game to game play can be mysterious.

He then went on to say BUT- Boston over the past (Brown/Tatum/Smart)
6 years has been one the most consistent franchises in the NBA.  1 Final and 5 Eastern Conference finals.
Most teams and fans thereof would be happy as a pig in slop with those results.

For us-championship or bust is more anxiety inducing and hazardous to our health.

Hey, we just all want to all go to heaven with a smile on our faces, even if its before our time. Right? :>)

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2