Celtics17
NYCelt
cowens/oldschool
Pumpsie Green
prakash
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

PLAYOFFS 2023 - EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS GAME #2 - POST GAME MIAMI HEAT - HOME Empty PLAYOFFS 2023 - EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS GAME #2 - POST GAME MIAMI HEAT - HOME

Post by 112288 Fri May 19, 2023 11:06 pm

Celtics Wrap: Boston Goes MIA Down Stretch In Game 2 Loss
Miami holds a stunning 2-0 lead in the series

NESN by Sean T. McGuire

BOSTON — The Celtics are in real trouble.

Boston failed to respond in the way it had all season, dropping a second consecutive game against the Miami Heat in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference finals after a disastrous fourth quarter. The 111-105 final verdict at TD Garden has allowed the Heat to take a stunning 2-0 lead in the best-of-seven.

ONE BIG TAKEAWAY
The Heat don’t go away. And while it proved to be the case in the third quarter of Game 1, Miami saved its resilience for the fourth quarter in Game 2. The Heat outscored Boston 36-22 over the final 12 minutes. Miami trailed 89-77 less than 90 seconds into the fourth quarter, but behind Jimmy Butler’s nine fourth-quarter points and a 15-minute scoreless stretch from Jayson Tatum, were able to overcome it. At one point, Miami was on a 18-4 run.

An offensive possession in which Miami secured three offensive rebounds before a Bam Adebayo put-back dunk probably will live on forever in the mind of Green Teamers. It gave Miami a 105-100 lead with 55 ticks left.

The Celtics turned the ball away 15 times in the game, including four in the fourth quarter two of which were by Tatum. Boston hasn’t generally won close contests against Miami, and both Butler and the Green’s inability to close out games are big reasons why. Both of which were on display in Game 2.

Miami also closed the first half n a 26-10 run after the Celtics went on a 21-2 stretch of their own.

STARS OF THE GAME
— Jimmy Butler scored seven points in the, including a pull-up jumper which tied the game 100-all and another pull-up that gave Miami a 102-100 lead.

— Caleb Martin sparked a second-quarter response for the Heat, scoring eight of his X points to help Miami cancel out Boston’s once 12-point advantage with a 16-4 run over some four minutes.

— Despite his crunch-time woes, Tatum nevertheless was Boston’s best player. He scored 15 of his 34 points in the third quarter, helping the C’s outscore Miami 33-21 in the period.

WAGER WATCH
Imagine betting the Celtics to cover a 9.5-point spread, as it was ahead of Game 2. Boston continues to be one of the biggest losers when favored by five or more points.

UP NEXT
The best-of-seven now shifts to Miami with Game 3 at Kaseya Center scheduled for Sunday at 8:30 p.m. ET.

Back to top Go down

PLAYOFFS 2023 - EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS GAME #2 - POST GAME MIAMI HEAT - HOME Empty Re: PLAYOFFS 2023 - EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS GAME #2 - POST GAME MIAMI HEAT - HOME

Post by prakash Fri May 19, 2023 11:12 pm

I still believe that we will pull this series out.

I am just so mad at the Grant Williams side show.  Shut up and play the game.

Will JB and Horford show up?  Heard that they are proud players.

Just so so bummed with JB.  He has no concept of in the moment decision making.  He had left James Harden open to double team costing us game 4 in Philly.  Miami has taken him out of the game.  He got a rebound towards the end and took a long time to find his balance. Then went up even though surrounded.  No wonder the shot got blocked! He did not switch to the perimeter in time and suddenly both Grant and him were switching leaving Caleb Martint for a wide open lane for a dunk. He is smart but just not basketball smart!! In fact, he is basketball dumb.

For the next game, Joe has to reduce his offensive role and find another option.

And Scal is giving his Tommy Award to Grant Williams for bringing fight to the game!!!!  He just has to affirm how clueless he is.  Did we need fight?  We needed execution!

Last edited by prakash on Fri May 19, 2023 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

prakash

Back to top Go down

PLAYOFFS 2023 - EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS GAME #2 - POST GAME MIAMI HEAT - HOME Empty Re: PLAYOFFS 2023 - EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS GAME #2 - POST GAME MIAMI HEAT - HOME

Post by Pumpsie Green Fri May 19, 2023 11:45 pm

We gotta get rid of Mazzula. He definitely isn’t ready for prime time. And the window for this team is closing rapidly. For this season the only “unfinished business” is the team packing up for the summer vacation.
Pumpsie Green
Pumpsie Green

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri May 19, 2023 11:47 pm

I heard we are at .500 at home in the playoffs, now we must be under that.

I don’t know where to start, when this team wins it’s because of superior talent all the time. Playoffs are a different animal, and our lack of coaching is being exposed on the biggest stage.

Kenny Smith just said he was in shock. I’m sure the media will be ripping the lack of execution and another blown lead by this underachieving team with no leadership and they have taken coaching to a new level in the opposite direction. FACT

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by prakash Fri May 19, 2023 11:49 pm

Pumpsie Green wrote:We gotta get rid of Mazzula. He definitely isn’t ready for prime time. And the window for this team is closing rapidly. For this season the only “unfinished business” is the team packing up for the summer vacation.

No, Mazzula is not the problem here. What we saw on the floor was not Mazzulla's plan.

What we saw was Jaylen Brown and Horford stinking up the joint and Big mouth Grant Williams being a distraction with his big mouth.

prakash

Back to top Go down

Post by prakash Fri May 19, 2023 11:55 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:I heard we are at .500 at home in the playoffs, now we must be under that.

I don’t know where to start, when this team wins it’s because of superior talent all the time. Playoffs are a different animal, and our lack of coaching is being exposed on the biggest stage.

Kenny Smith just said he was in shock. I’m sure the media will be ripping the lack of execution and another blown lead by this underachieving team with no leadership and they have taken coaching to a new level in the opposite direction. FACT

Let's lay off Mazzulla and lay the blame where it needs to be.

Culprit #1 by a wide margin:  Jaylen Brown!  7-23 shooting.  Bad decisions after bad decisions!  Can't even box out for rebounds.  Stinking performance.  He was -24.

Culprit #2: Al Horford.  Just what the F are you doing there if you shoot 1-5, grab 3 rebounds and can't defend Bam 1-1?  -15, really??

Culprit $3: Grant Williams.  Just plain stupid mouth.  Needs to play the game and not his mouth.  We were on a roll and got distracted.  Mazulla does not play Grant and we get on his case.  Then we get on his case when he plays Grant and Grant ends up being good AND stupid! -6 too.

prakash

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat May 20, 2023 12:09 am

prakash wrote:I still believe that we will pull this series out.

I am just so mad at the Grant Williams side show.  Shut up and play the game.

Will JB and Horford show up?  Heard that they are proud players.

Just so so bummed with JB.  He has no concept of in the moment decision making.  He had left James Harden open to double team costing us game 4 in Philly.  Miami has taken him out of the game.  He got a rebound towards the end and took a long time to find his balance.  Then went up even though surrounded.  No wonder the shot got blocked!  He did not switch to the perimeter in time and suddenly both Grant and him were switching leaving Caleb Martint for a wide open lane for a dunk.  He is smart but just not basketball smart!!  In fact, he is basketball dumb.

For the next game, Joe has to reduce his offensive role and find another option.

And Scal is giving his Tommy Award to Grant Williams for bringing fight to the game!!!!  He just has to affirm how clueless he is.  Did we need fight?  We needed execution!

I agree with your assessment of Jaylen, it is shocking how many dumb plays he is making more and more as the playoffs go longer. On a simple inbounds play he threw it to a Heat player right in the middle of a run by us. The bad coaching on a player with his turnover problems has been growing under this coaches direction, making  him confused and hesitant. He looks nothing like the all NBA player you knew you would be getting some big games from right now. Al is spent, the coach grinded him into the ground with too many 36 minute games and now the games are coming too fast, every other day. Al needs like 5 days off, but nobody is getting that right now.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sat May 20, 2023 12:39 am

prakash wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:I heard we are at .500 at home in the playoffs, now we must be under that.

Let's lay off Mazzulla and lay the blame where it needs to be.

Culprit #1 by a wide margin:  Jaylen Brown!  7-23 shooting.  Bad decisions after bad decisions!  Can't even box out for rebounds.  Stinking performance.  He was -24.

Culprit #2: Al Horford.  Just what the F are you doing there if you shoot 1-5, grab 3 rebounds and can't defend Bam 1-1?  -15, really??

Culprit $3: Grant Williams.  Just plain stupid mouth.  Needs to play the game and not his mouth.  We were on a roll and got distracted.  Mazulla does not play Grant and we get on his case.  Then we get on his case when he plays Grant and Grant ends up being good AND stupid!  -6 too.

100% completely agree.

GREAT points on all three.

Brown… I don’t even want to talk about him.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by prakash Sat May 20, 2023 1:25 am

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/video/jaylen-brown-cs-rallying-down-2-0-should-make-better-story

I just don't want to hear Jaylen Brown talk until he does something in a game!!!

prakash

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat May 20, 2023 8:55 am

What you are witnessing is the exploitation of the weaknesses of the Boston Celtic Team as currently composed by a top coach, and by the disipline he set into place with his players to play within the game plan set by the coach!

Spol will throw so many different looks at you both offensively and defensively within a game that it get the Celtics out of sync and creates turnovers. The looks all look similar but really are quite different.

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtics17 Sat May 20, 2023 11:33 am

I'm just so disgusted. I think Cowens said Horford was burned out and he's right. I just can't understand why Rob was not in the game for the final stretch run. The two stretches we played well last night and went on sustained runs Rob was in the game and was very effective.

As everyone has said Jaylen killed us last night. He makes terrible decisions and takes too many bad shots. I know he was trying to make plays, but sometimes you can be effective in other ways. He hasn't learned how to effect the game when he's not shooting well.

I was so happy to see Grant was back in the rotation and he was really contributing. However, the dumb Grant then emerged. I just don't know why he couldn't just play ball. He hits a big shot puts us up 9, and then he antagonizes the wrong guy and gives them momentum. Maybe that's why he's been glued to the bench.

As for our coach, I don't know. He's certainly getting schooled by Spo, but it isn't all his fault. Miami just has had some incredible shooting and alot of favorable bounces. Up 11 third quarter and Caleb Martin drives and Rob blocks his shot, the ball bounces around it ends up back in Martin's hands with the shot clock running down and he hits a three. A stop there and we might put down the hammer. Some of the shots Martin hit were ridiculous. All of a sudden this guy is an All Star? Gabe Vincent hits a long three late first half with hardly any daylight and then hits the dagger in the fourth quarter. This is not sustainable, but it's enough to make this series very hard to win. Miami is a good, well coached team with two outstanding players and now they are getting great performances from role players and some lucky bounces. That's hard to overcome.

We had the lead in both games. Joe has to take the blame for some things. Certainly Rob should have been in the final 6 minutes. Bam just tossed Al around and abused him. However, Jaylen's shot selection, turnovers by JT and Marcus, Marcus missing a wide open three for the lead, Horford compounding it by fouling Struss on the rebound, giving the Heat second and third shots. These things are not on Joe.

If we are going to have any chance to bounce back our players have to play hard and play right. Cannot get out rebounded.

Celtics17
Celtics17

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Sat May 20, 2023 11:35 am

Hi,
That is sad. Not much to say.
Unfortunately, mental state of MIA is above ours and our level of talent can't beat it. On top of that, level of coaching is not even close.
And underperformances of Brown, Horford and Grant are not the main reasons for 0-2.
Once again, Celtics can take it easy for the next 2-3 games, then go on vacation; the brass should find a new coach (thankfully there're a few excellent ones available); add/subtract a few bench players; get #18 in '24.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat May 20, 2023 11:48 am

Not meaning to offend anyone, but is there anyone who wants coach Joe back for next year? I can’t bash him anymore, there are too many inefficient things I am seeing that I think we all see that he keeps on doing. It would be too draining and time consuming to list them all. Clearly he is in way over his head….

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat May 20, 2023 11:54 am

112288 wrote:What you are witnessing is the exploitation of the weaknesses of the Boston Celtic Team as currently composed by a top coach, and by the disipline he set into place with his players to play within the game plan set by the coach!  

Spol will throw so many different looks at you both offensively and defensively within a game that it get the Celtics out of sync and creates turnovers. The looks all look similar but really are quite different.

I noticed that too, how well Spol disguises looks and confuses our offense. Then it seems they are so patient, are clearly getting good looks and we are rushing shots after passing the ball backward because the play was blown up.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bygone Sat May 20, 2023 12:03 pm

I suspect the entire Miami staff took time to study the games we lost this season. They likely identified turnovers being a major problem in most of those losses and they exploited that weakness very well so far. JB has been turnover prone all season. Jayson usually passes out of traffic he can't handle while Jaylen too often dives into it.

Both had more turnovers than needed in these first two games. Several were forced, many were unforced lapses of focus. That's not on the coach it seems to me. Give Miami credit for their execution and defense. Hopefully we can recover.
bygone
bygone

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtics17 Sat May 20, 2023 12:08 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:
112288 wrote:What you are witnessing is the exploitation of the weaknesses of the Boston Celtic Team as currently composed by a top coach, and by the disipline he set into place with his players to play within the game plan set by the coach!  

I noticed that too, how well Spol disguises looks and confuses our offense. Then it seems they are so patient, are clearly getting good looks and we are rushing shots after passing the ball backward because the play was blown up.

Clearly we all see the problem with the coach. He is woefully inexperienced, but you can't blame him for everything, If the players would have boxed out better, taken better shots, not antagonized the Heat's player, etc, etc it would 1-1 worst case. I don't want to give up on this year. We are the more talented team. The players have to step and play better to negate the coaching disparity. These guys have been playing ball their whole life. Our coaching staff is at least capable of giving them a game plan. The players have to step up, lock in and execute.
Celtics17
Celtics17

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sat May 20, 2023 12:11 pm

Post Game Pouting:

PLAYOFFS 2023 - EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS GAME #2 - POST GAME MIAMI HEAT - HOME Img_3911

0-2 you know what we gotta do.
Win game 3 in Yo-Ami.

We then get to come home and…what is our home record in the 23 Playoffs?
4-5? Meh!
Anyways……

I’m committed to eternal optimism, but at the same time Im a realist and have to call it like it is.

#1 Mazzulla is a Foola!

-A Pooped Al over Rob in crunch time
-Sitting Tatum and White too long
-Still no answer forJimmy Butler
-Those lingering dreaded time outs
-By far his worst post game presser yet

#2 We need to take out a Go F U account to purchase in Bulk tons of Planters mixed nuts  and distribute them equally throughout the squad cuz they ain’t got none.
Well, Grant does so send him raisins or grapes.

-Regardless of whether you agree with Grant ‘poking the bear’ or not,
Grants the only one who  showed some toughness and his teammates didn’t appear to have his back

-We needed attitude, Grant brought it and played well.
Can’t say that about  too many other players out there the last few days at TD.  (Now stands for Totally Defeated).
Just joking. I’m still optimistic but I ain’t crazy.  

Weze in trouble!

-Btw, Grant didn’t play in game 1 when Butler busted our a$$ with 35 so don’t put this on Grant.

-Whoever was guarding Butler got a spanking and part of that  is coaching and scouting.

-Everyone knows Jimmy is way less effective when forced to his left.
We didn’t do it.

-How about sending a double like  Miami was doing to Tatum most of the night?  Nah!
Didn’t do that either.

-So it’s official.

We can’t figure this thing out.
We appear confused, conquered, divided, tricked and undecided.

-During the first half every team had the runs.
Spo quickly switched to his Imodium D to stop the leakage.

Joe kinda just let it run its course. Figured it would work itself out. (Haha) Taint funny McGee!

-Second half -More runs. The virus
Is real.
Spo switched to his Kaopectate Zone D and again quickly stopped the leakage.

Joe kinda just let it run its course and work itself out. Again, no meds.
Joe, you Amish?

-Don’t blame Horford either.
The man is 80 and Joe has been playing him way too many minutes up to and through this playoff run.
He doesn’t suck. The energy has been sucked out of him. He’s zapped. Spent.  Coach Joe is responsible for that.

-Rob is the healthiest he’s been in the playoffs this year and he’s still being used like he’s got Parkinson’s or something.
Guess who’s responsible for that?

-Don’t get me started on JB. Something is not right.
Let’s hope those mixed nuts arrive by Sunday.

Notable/quotable:

“No point in being sad and sh#t”
-Tatum (said softly)

“My mom always taught me and my dad as well, you get your a$$ kicked you dont come back home until you come battle again. Im willing to die in these finals, I’m ready to (Insert profanity here) get a win”
-Grant
(And his teammates had his back like a halter top.)

“Should Williams have poked the bear? That misses the point. The Celtics need to BE the bear.”
-The Athletics, Jay King

“Next question”
-Jaylen Brown
(Wise choice: Cue Simon and Garfunkel’s “Sounds of Silence” and put on repeat.)

“Them boys getting PUNKED! Damn!
-Isaiah Thomas
(From his living room where he’s been living the past 2 years)

When asked if doubling Jimmy Butler was a consideration

“Umm I think when he misses we have to get the rebound. And focusing on the role guys getting going is more important”
-Coach Joe

When asked what went into him going with Al over Rob in crunch time:
“Al has finished every game he’s played”
-Joe

Post Game Pettiness:

Scal on the pregame set doing the Antoine Shimmy while Antoine Walker sat and looked as if to say, ‘That was 20 years and 50 pounds ago. Keep up’

Captain Cliche’ Reggie Miller: “The Butler Did it” (He gets paid for this)

Petty and quotable:

Reporter:
“You guys have played close games for like a decade, Umm is there a comfort when the game is like that”?

Giggling Spoelstra:
“For a whole decade”?

-Ok one more
Reporter:
You’ve obviously been be asked a lot about the undrafted story blah blah blah.

Not so giggly Spoelstra:
Yeah thats kinda played out.

Reporter:.
ahh. Like….

An escalating Spoelstra interrupts:
That’s so disrespectful to keep talking that way. That story line is over’.

-I know this may seem over the top petty and Joe overboard unfair but do yourself a favor and listen to Joe’s Postgame comments and then listen to Spo’s post game comments.
(Joe, you might wanna do that too. Just kidding..)

We are on to YO-Ami to tie this baby yyyup!!

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtics17 Sat May 20, 2023 12:41 pm

Ktron wrote:Post Game Pouting:

PLAYOFFS 2023 - EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS GAME #2 - POST GAME MIAMI HEAT - HOME Img_3911

Win game 3 in Yo-Ami.

4-5? Meh!
Anyways……

I’m committed to eternal optimism, but at the same time Im a realist and have to call it like it is.

#1 Mazzulla is a Foola!

#2 We need to take out a Go F U account to purchase in Bulk tons of Planters mixed nuts  and distribute them equally throughout the squad cuz they ain’t got none.

Grants the only one who  showed some toughness and his teammates didn’t appear to have his back

Can’t say that about  too many other players out there the last few days at TD.  (Now stands for Totally Defeated).

Weze in trouble!

-Btw, Grant didn’t play in game 1 when Butler busted our a$$ with 35 so don’t put this on Grant.

-Whoever was guarding Butler got a spanking and part of that  is coaching and scouting.

We didn’t do it.

-How about sending a double like  Miami was doing to Tatum most of the night?  Nah!
Didn’t do that either.

-So it’s official.

Joe kinda just let it run its course. Figured it would work itself out. (Haha) Taint funny McGee!

Is real.

Joe, you Amish?

The man is 80 and Joe has been playing him way too many minutes up to and through this playoff run.
He doesn’t suck. The energy has been sucked out of him. He’s zapped. Spent.  Coach Joe is responsible for that.

-Rob is the healthiest he’s been in the playoffs this year and he’s still being used like he’s got Parkinson’s or something.

Notable/quotable:

-Tatum (said softly)

“My mom always taught me and my dad as well, you get your a$$ kicked you dont come back home until you come battle again. Im willing to die in these finals, I’m ready to (Insert profanity here) get a win”
-Grant

“Should Williams have poked the bear? That misses the point. The Celtics need to BE the bear.”
-The Athletics, Jay King

“Next question”
-Jaylen Brown

-Isaiah Thomas

“Umm I think when he misses we have to get the rebound. And focusing on the role guys getting going is more important”
-Coach Joe

-Joe

Post Game Pettiness:

Scal on the pregame set doing the Antoine Shimmy while Antoine Walker sat and looked as if to say, ‘That was 20 years and 50 pounds ago. Keep up’

Petty and quotable:

Reporter:
“You guys have played close games for like a decade, Umm is there a comfort when the game is like that”?

Giggling Spoelstra:
“For a whole decade”?

-Ok one more
Reporter:

Not so giggly Spoelstra:

ahh. Like….

-I know this may seem over the top petty and Joe overboard unfair but do yourself a favor and listen to Joe’s Postgame comments and then listen to Spo’s post game comments.

Great post Ktron and a lot good points.

Point well taken on Grant, he was the only one to show some fire. I think it was a little misdirected, but nonetheless he showed some heart. Everyone needs to play with that level of intensity. That's what we need. That will along with our talent can negate the coaching disadvantage. Get down and dirty. Play hard and let the chips fall where they may. Someone has to get physical with Bam, he's having things his own way.

Celtics17
Celtics17

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat May 20, 2023 12:54 pm

9 steals by them to 2 for us.  That's not only a higher level of energy by them it's an effective defensive strategy to contest passes and possessions by key Celtic players by Spoelstra.  It's also evidence of an ineffective defensive strategy by Joe.  Over two games Spo's team has averaged 49.7% (88-177) overall, 43.9% from 3 (25-57), 86.8% from the line (33-38).  Where's that defense that we had all season?  Where's the defense we had just 3 games ago vs Philly?

Over two games Joe's team has averaged 49.3% (79-160), 31.3% from 3 (20-64), 81.1% (43-53) from the line.

So, in summary, Spo's team has taken 17 more fgas (8.5/game).  That's A LOT more.  It's hard to win when your opponent is taking 8.5 more fgas than you.  It shows a lack of pace and urgency.  Why?  Well, this is conjecture on my part, but maybe it's because Joe has shortened his bench, which all season has been one of our strengths, to where his 7-8 players are exhausted?

Bobby Manning @RealBobManning
about 12 hours ago
Tatum on long wait at his locker post game said he was tired after the late start, getting some ice on his legs and taking a breath.

Yeah, and it's only Game 2, Jayson and you're already tired.  No wonder you're missing shots etc.  That's what fatigue does.

We've taken more 7 more 3pt fgas than them but the difference between 43.9% and 31.3% is too much to overcome, certainly with only 7 more fgas.

Additionally Spo's team has had 21 steals in two games while Joe's team has only had 8.  That's 13 more steals, 6.5/game.  The NBA regular season mean for steals is 7.1/game.  That means that Miami is averaging almost as many steals vs us as the average NBA team got, total, per game.  IN FACT, the Boston Celtics averaged 6.4 steals/game over the 82 game season.  Miami has more steals than us in 2 games than we averaged/game total.  That is beyond embarrassing.  Miami is averaging 7.9 steals/game in the playoffs to-date, they are averaging 10.5/game vs Boston.  That's 32% more than their playoff average, which is higher than their 7.1/game regular season average.

Where's the adjustment, Joe?  Where's the recognition that Miami's defense is faster than Atlanta's or Philly's?

We're averaging 5.7 steals/game in the playoffs to-date.  That makes us #15 out of 16 playoff teams.  Only Brooklyn is worse at 5.3.  And 5.7 steals/game is much better than the 4.0 steals/game we've averaged against Miami.

We had a 12 point lead with 10:35 left in the 4th.  We ended up losing by 6.  That's an 18 point turnaround in 10 1/2 minutes.

Chris Forsberg @ChrisForsberg_
about 5 hours ago
Celtics in crunch-time vs. Heat in East Finals: 8 PTS 1-9 FG 0-6 3PT 6-7 FT 5 TO -13

Jared Weiss @JaredWeissNBA
about 12 hours ago
Jayson Tatum: "I got Joe’s back and he’s got ours. Joe didn’t miss no shots and have turnovers. I missed shots and had turnovers."

That's right, Jayson, and you're not the only one who missed shots and had turnovers, but neither you nor the rest of the players call timeouts either.  In the 4th quarter, which started with us up 8 (83-75) Joe didn't take his first timeout until 7:41 was left and the score was 93-87.  Ok, so he called a timeout when we still had a 2 possession lead.  Credit to Joe.  Joe's 2nd, and final, timeout of the game was at :35 and the score 107-103 Heat.  In other words we went from a 6 point lead to a 4 point deficit between Joe timeouts and he had 4 full timeouts (because there's a 4 timeout limit in the 4th) and a :20 to use in the 4th. There's 2 1/2 more for you, Joe to, you know, make in-game adjustments?

Want to hear another example of Spo outcoaching Joe?  Of Spo adapting?  In game 1, if you remember, Joe's 1st and only timeout was a mandatory timeout because neither team had called a timeout before 6:59, so the Official Scorer called one for Joe and assigned it to us.  Right?  Well, yesterday Spo called a timeout at 7:17 left in the 3rd with the score 61-60 Boston.  By calling a timeout before 6:59 the Official Scorer didn't need to call one for Joe, since that happens only when neither team calls one before 6:59.  As a result of that the game ran on, and Joe's first time out of the 3rd quarter at 4:41 in the 3rd and the score 67-66 Boston.  That was Joe's only timeout in the 3rd.  So, one in the 3rd and two in the 4th.  3 timeouts in the entire second half by Joe and, as I pointed out after last game, there are 7 full timeouts and one 20-second one per half.  Joe didn't even use half of his allotment.

I've spent this entire post venting against Joe.  I know it's not all about him but his substitution decisions, Grant vs Payton, playing the Js heavy minutes, the lack of timeouts to not only gather his troops and talk to them but also to give them a blow or two during the game despite him knowing he's going to play them heavy minutes are all about him and nobody else.

This team has a record of being all la-ti-dah until their backs are against the wall.  They're not just against the wall, they're halfway through it.  This is when Celtic Pride matters the most.  Let's see if they have it.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat May 20, 2023 12:54 pm

Joe is not the only problem, but he is a problem, and not having the right players on the floor at important times is a problem.

Yes, JB has sucked.

Yes, Al is tired.

Yes, Rob needs more time on the floor.

Yes, Spo is outcoaching us and the Heat players are outplaying us.

Nevertheless I am still going to screw up my emotional courage and root for the C's to win Game 3.

As an aside, today I was looking at some old photos and saw a pix of Tommy Heinsohn's old home on May Street in Worcester. I so wish Tommy were still alive and sitting on the bench next to Joe, giving advice.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sat May 20, 2023 1:17 pm

Celtics17 wrote:
Ktron wrote:Post Game Pouting:

Win game 3 in Yo-Ami.

4-5? Meh!
Anyways……

#1 Mazzulla is a Foola!

Weze in trouble!

We didn’t do it.

Didn’t do that either.

-So it’s official.

Is real.

Joe, you Amish?

Notable/quotable:

-Tatum (said softly)

-Grant

-The Athletics, Jay King

“Next question”
-Jaylen Brown

-Isaiah Thomas

-Coach Joe

-Joe

Post Game Pettiness:

Petty and quotable:

Reporter:

Giggling Spoelstra:
“For a whole decade”?

-Ok one more
Reporter:

Not so giggly Spoelstra:

ahh. Like….

Great post Ktron and a lot good points.

Point well taken on Grant, he was the only one to show some fire. I think it was a little misdirected, but nonetheless he showed some heart. Everyone needs to play with that level of intensity. That's what we need. That will along with our talent can negate the coaching disadvantage. Get down and dirty. Play hard and let the chips fall where they may. Someone has to get physical with Bam, he's having things his own way.

You’re right. In the Miami post game Spolstra said the same thing. They’ll playing with heart and grit.
There’s a lot of ways to show toughness and Butler was going to do what he wants and when because we are allowing some of it.
Hate to keep Dwelling on coaching but it’s so glaring. Our stars are still playing like babies at times.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sat May 20, 2023 1:22 pm

All I'm sayin' is just get the $10 you were going to spend on the lottery this week ready and set it aside. Still haven't heard any odds. Does anyone know the actual odds down 0-2 & down 0-3? My sources are producing nothing.

Everyone ready to go down 0-3 before the one and only comeback of all time starts?  

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtics17 Sat May 20, 2023 1:39 pm

worcester wrote:Joe is not the only problem, but he is a problem, and not having the right players on the floor at important times is a problem.

Yes, JB has sucked.

Yes, Al is tired.

Nevertheless I am still going to screw up my emotional courage and root for the C's to win Game 3.

As an aside, today I was looking at some old photos and saw a pix of Tommy Heinsohn's old home on May Street in Worcester. I so wish Tommy were still alive and sitting on the bench next to Joe, giving advice.

Worcester

+ 1 Wish Tommy was here to advise Joe. Miss Tommy on gamecasts too. Scal can’t even carry his jockstrap
Celtics17
Celtics17

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat May 20, 2023 1:46 pm

Celtics17 wrote:
worcester wrote:Joe is not the only problem, but he is a problem, and not having the right players on the floor at important times is a problem.

Yes, JB has sucked.

Yes, Al is tired.

Worcester

+ 1 Wish Tommy was here to advise Joe. Miss Tommy on gamecasts too. Scal can’t even carry his jockstrap

But he'd be willing to because Scal is a kiss-ass whore.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat May 20, 2023 1:52 pm

Scal says what Celtics management wants vcb tk hear period. He does not pretend to be objective a out the Celts. He is just talking to kiss ass for his paycheck.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next