cowens/oldschool
prakash
NYCelt
18 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Smart to Grizzlies - Page 4 Empty Re: Smart to Grizzlies

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:45 am

Brad Stevens is a genius pulling off the Porzingis heist and look at all we got for Marcus, even a GS first round pick….amazing!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Pumpsie Green Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:51 am

As much as I love Marcus this trade is a good one. When our outside shooting isn't working we need a post player to resort to. We got one. And we certainly needed more size because of Williams' injury history and Horford's age. And two first rounders included make this trade a no brainer.
Pumpsie Green
Pumpsie Green

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:10 pm

Pumpsie Green wrote:As much as I love Marcus this trade is a good one. When our outside shooting isn't working we need a post player to resort to. We got one. And we certainly needed more size because of Williams' injury history and Horford's age. And two first rounders included make this trade a no brainer.

I’m still amazed at this heist, all that for Smart….

This will go down as one of the best trades in our history

Love the highlights I’m seeing from the rook, a real shutdown defender already….

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:14 pm

QUESTION!

NOW….

WHO ARE WE GOING TO HAVE OR GET TO TAKE THIS CONVICT OUT OF EXISTENCE!!

WHO??? ( my feet don’t fit no limb)
Smart to Grizzlies - Page 4 Img_3934

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Jun 24, 2023 4:53 pm

My apologies to Celtic nation. Since the mind is creative I must apologize for listening daily to Jason Bateman, Will Arnette and Sean Hayes' podcast - Smart - less! Had I only known what those thoughts were setting into action.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:56 am

YA BOY PERK- BUS-TTTEDD!

Smart to Grizzlies - Page 4 Img_3935

2021- Ya thought we forgot.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:11 pm

I pay little to no attention to Perkins.  We have an extensive record of his demonstrative comments and contradictions.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:53 am

Warning: conspiracy theory coming...

Like most, I'm excited about KP coming, but will greatly miss Marcus. What I find odd is how quickly this came together after the "supposed" trade with the Clippers fell apart. I almost wonder if this was the trade Brad had worked out all along, and the stuff with Brogdon and the Clippers was just a smoke screen to mediate Celtics nation's love of Marcus. This way Brad and company say "look, we did everything we could to get KP without giving up Marcus, but in the end we had no choice". Some of you probably saw Bill Summons' comments where he wondered if Marcus was too strong a voice in the locker room, and that they'd prefer to have White as the starting PG. Obviously the weak part of my likely BS theory is getting the Clippers to play along. Maybe they didn't know they were being duped, and backed out when the C's wouldn't let them know more about Malcolm's elbow (I don't know if that is true). Or maybe they just did the C's a solid, or it helped them by showing fans they were trying to upgrade. Probably BS, but everything about this seems too perfect. If true, then Brad and company are really playing chess.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:21 am

Shamrock1000 wrote:Warning: conspiracy theory coming...

Like most, I'm excited about KP coming, but will greatly miss Marcus. What I find odd is how quickly this came together after the "supposed" trade with the Clippers fell apart. I almost wonder if this was the trade Brad had worked out all along, and the stuff with Brogdon and the Clippers was just a smoke screen to mediate Celtics nation's love of Marcus. This way Brad and company say "look, we did everything we could to get KP without giving up Marcus, but in the end we had no choice". Some of you probably saw Bill Summons' comments where he wondered if Marcus was too strong a voice in the locker room, and that they'd prefer to have White as the starting PG. Obviously the weak part of my likely BS theory is getting the Clippers to play along. Maybe they didn't know they were being duped, and backed out when the C's wouldn't let them know more about Malcolm's elbow (I don't know if that is true). Or maybe they just did the C's a solid, or it helped them by showing fans they were trying to upgrade. Probably BS, but everything about this seems too perfect. If true, then Brad and company are really playing chess.

Rock

Fact is that theory crossed my mind minus any Clipper involvement.  It would be outlandish if true.

The main focus for Brad was to go get a center that can have a big impact.  Porzingis is that guy.  The Smart trade delivered more to the Celtics than the proposed Brogdon deal.  The good thing for Smart is the landing spot.  He did not get shipped out to some bum team.  

Most Celtics fans probably forgot what it is like to have a 20+ PPG center.  This is a totally different configuration than a 3 wing lineup.  Brad got us a center who fits the style of play for this team.  He can play inside and outside.  KP is thrilled to join Boston and I think him and the Jays will be one of the most dynamic big threes ever assembled.  He has the skills to be a zone busting center.  Check that box please!
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:37 am

Dboss...you had me at zone busting center.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:44 am

dboss wrote:
Shamrock1000 wrote:Warning: conspiracy theory coming...

Rock

Fact is that theory crossed my mind minus any Clipper involvement.  It would be outlandish if true.

The main focus for Brad was to go get a center that can have a big impact.  Porzingis is that guy.  The Smart trade delivered more to the Celtics than the proposed Brogdon deal.  The good thing for Smart is the landing spot.  He did not get shipped out to some bum team.  

Most Celtics fans probably forgot what it is like to have a 20+ PPG center.  This is a totally different configuration than a 3 wing lineup.  Brad got us a center who fits the style of play for this team.  He can play inside and outside.  KP is thrilled to join Boston and I think him and the Jays will be one of the most dynamic big threes ever assembled.  He has the skills to be a zone busting center.  Check that box please!

Thanks for mentioning what a great trade this is for Memphis. Meant to mention that. Smart could really help Memphis. That was part of the logic behind my conspiracy theory - everything was too perfect for a last minute deal.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:52 am

With Smart wise-ing up Ja, Memphis could be a serious contender next season.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4