RosalieTCeltics
Ktron
willjr
13 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Grant Williams traded Empty Grant Williams traded

Post by willjr Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:19 pm

Sources: The Dallas Mavericks, San Antonio Spurs and Boston Celtics are finalizing a three-team trade:

- Mavs: Grant Williams
- Spurs: Reggie Bullock and an unprotected Dallas pick swap in 2030
- Celtics: Multiple second-round picks
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Grant Williams traded Empty Re: Grant Williams traded

Post by Ktron Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:35 pm

willjr wrote:Sources: The Dallas Mavericks, San Antonio Spurs and Boston Celtics are finalizing a three-team trade:

- Mavs: Grant Williams
- Spurs: Reggie Bullock and an unprotected Dallas pick swap in 2030
- Celtics: Multiple second-round picks

Wow…just Wow.

I’d laugh my head off if I wasn't busy crying my eyes out.

Brad. VVVVV

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:29 pm

Let’s not go overboard here. He got $54 million do you really think he is worth that. You would have been all over Brad if he signed him for that money. Time will tell, Grant talked his way out of Boston early on. Too bad, he was a piece that was helpful.

On to the next move, is Brogden next?
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:44 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Let’s not go overboard here. He got $54 million do you really think he is worth that. You would have been all over Brad if he signed him for that money.  Time will tell, Grant talked his way out of Boston early on. Too bad, he was a piece that was helpful.

On to the next move, is Brogden next?

Rosalie

Some players are inherently more valuable to one team than they are to another team.

I do not see MB getting moved now unless he is pissed off and wants to go. If the Celtics moved him now, our PG depth would become questionable. Maybe they revisit a MB trade next summer because he will only have one year remaining on his contract and the antcipated JB deal will be kicking in. Plus D White could get extended.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:47 pm

I think Brad got good value in this deal (I read 3 2nd rounders)

Maybe gyso can answer a question. Since they did a S and T would the Celtics be hard capped at the 2nd apron? c
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:53 pm

Who is “You”? If you is me I would not have been all over Brad for paying Grant $54Mil.
He may or may not be worth it but if he got it and Brad gave it to him…..who am I to slap his hand and say “Bad boy Brad. Bad deal”.
I’m a fan not an accountant.

Last edited by Ktron on Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:54 pm

Per Spotrac the $5 million MLE is still showing up as available. They could use a portion to target a better player and still stay under the $183 million 2nd apron.

Celtics are getting a $6.2 m TPE per ESPN and just 2 2nd rounders.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:55 pm

dboss wrote:I think Brad got good value in this deal (I read 3 2nd rounders)

Maybe gyso can answer a question.  Since they did a S and T would the Celtics be hard capped at the 2nd apron? c

No. S&T out has no such consequences.

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:08 pm

gyso wrote:
dboss wrote:I think Brad got good value in this deal (I read 3 2nd rounders)

Maybe gyso can answer a question.  Since they did a S and T would the Celtics be hard capped at the 2nd apron? c

No.  S&T out has no such consequences.  

Not so fast.  I just read that using the $5M MLE does hard cap us at the 2nd apron, that is why the TPE is important.

Last edited by gyso on Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:15 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : MLE, not S&T)

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:46 pm

Rosalie, I agree that Grant probably talked his way out of Boston, but I am happy for him to get $54M!
Now we clearly have cap space to keep Malcolm, a bigger need than Grant now that we have Zinger and maybe the kid from Arkansas.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:47 pm

WTactual F
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:47 pm

$6.2M may get us a decent player.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:54 pm

What happened to the we have the go ahead to do what's necessary BS. Basketball is a team sport. When is the last time a team of strangers won the title?
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:55 pm

Gyso

I do not see them using the full TPE, if at all.

I think they will look to cut Champagnie. That takes them to 12 players and then add 2 more guys on the cheap while staying under the 2nd apron. It looks like they have only $3.388 million before they hit the 2nd apron. I guess if they cut him that would free up more money.

I hope they target a PF. I expect a 14 man roster on opening day. Then a roster filler late in the season to avoid the incomplete roster penalty.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:58 pm

jrleftfoot wrote:What happened to the we have the go ahead to do what's necessary BS.  Basketball is a team sport. When is the last time a team of strangers won the title?

Foot

Brad said he had the green light as long as the deals made sense. No one asked him if the green light included going over the 2nd apron.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:00 pm

Is Luke still on the Roster? If so, how much $$$?

Sam H is a bargain.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:04 pm

worcester wrote:$6.2M may get us a decent player.
I admire your enthusiasm, worcester. Player's salaries have at least some relationship to their abilty and / or value as teammates. So, we should get a player approximately half as good as Grant. Methinks Brad and the owners are hoodwink artists. Unless there is something else brewing, I don't see us as any better than last year. We got Zinger two nonentities who can't shoot and lost two of our hardest nosed players. Forgive me, I forgot the umptytwo second rounders
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:05 pm

Maybe a SG and a PF
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:10 pm

jrleftfoot wrote:What happened to the we have the go ahead to do what's necessary BS.  Basketball is a team sport. When is the last time a team of strangers won the title?

I liked your first post better. LOL

I don't get it either. WT Actual F

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:24 pm

jrleftfoot wrote:
worcester wrote:$6.2M may get us a decent player.
               I admire your enthusiasm, worcester. Player's salaries have at least some relationship to their abilty and / or value as teammates. So, we should get a player  approximately half as good as Grant. Methinks Brad and the owners are hoodwink artists. Unless there is something else brewing, I don't see us as any better than last year. We got Zinger two nonentities who can't shoot and lost two of our hardest nosed players. Forgive me, I forgot the umptytwo second rounders

Foot

Once Porzigius was added Grant's minutes were destined to go down.  I think the Celtics will be better offensively.  I do not see how their defense can be as good when you part with 2 very physical players.  

However I think we did get longer and more athletic.  As a matter of fact, Smart and Grant were the two slowest guys in our top 8 rotation.  The players that Brad added can get up and down.

Truth is, we will not know how good this team is until that take the court.  

Brad has replenished his stock pile of 2nd rounders so I would caution not to undervalue that.  Obi Toppin was traded for 2 second round picks.  Down the road when they move MB, 2nd round picks may be a deal making sweetener.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:24 pm

There is no replacing Marcus but Zinger may strengthen us down low in ways we never had before, even when Rob was healthy. With Rob, Z and Al we should be good at the 5.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:28 pm

Jr...the last time a team of strangers won a Chip was in 2008 when KG and Ray joined the Celts along with Leon Powe and Eddie House, ++

Last edited by worcester on Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:35 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:50 pm

KG and Pierce were buddies since high school. They knew Ray too. Had all played on numerous allstar games together. I'm not conflating adding two veteran all stars and two other vets who had proved their worth with Zinger and two guys who can't shoot and couldn't find minutes on inferior teams. That said, I hope you guys are right, but I'm not seeing it.Tatum can break every Celtic record in the book, but I've yet to see the intensity of Paul Pierce.The closet thing we had to KG's ferocity was Marcus. I love Jaylen, but the clutch gene hasn't asserted itself yet. May they prove my skepticism unwarranted. For now, I'm going to take my party pooping ass off to the corner to pout.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:02 pm

KG and Pierce were buddies since high school. They knew Ray too. Had all played on numerous allstar games together. I'm not conflating adding two veteran all stars and two other vets who had proved their worth with Zinger and two guys who can't shoot and couldn't find minutes on inferior teams. That said, I hope you guys are right, but I'm not seeing it.Tatum can break every Celtic record in the book, but I've yet to see the intensity of Paul Pierce.The closet thing we had to KG's ferocity was Marcus. I love Jaylen, but the clutch gene hasn't asserted itself yet. May they prove my skepticism unwarranted. For now, I'm going to take my party pooping ass off to the corner to pout.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next