I’m so glad that Cooz Clapped Back…

3 posters

Go down

I’m so glad that Cooz Clapped Back… Empty I’m so glad that Cooz Clapped Back…

Post by Ktron Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:29 am

I’m so glad that Cooz Clapped Back… Img_4113

You tell ‘em Cooz!

Now.. about that hair?? Where’d ya get it? Who’s is it..really?

Ktron

Back to top Go down

I’m so glad that Cooz Clapped Back… Empty Re: I’m so glad that Cooz Clapped Back…

Post by bobheckler Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:18 pm

Jeez.  That's quite a statement from Cooz.

Every time this board starts an era-vs-era thread I stay out of it.  You compete against who you compete against.  Pitting Kobe against Sam Jones is nonsense just as comparing Kobe against Giannis is nonsense.  EVERYTHING has advanced between those players' careers, not just their heights.  Training facilities and physical therapy, the contracts that allow them to train year round and not have to get a job as a plumber to pay the rent, medical technology that makes coming back from a ligament tear in a year or less even a possibility and not a career ender, hand checking on defense, two referees who don't mind being invisible instead of 3 who hate it.

Could a single, modern mechanized battalion with air support have ended the Revolutionary War in weeks and the Civil War in months?  Sure, but that's not what George Washington and Ulysses S. Grant had to work with, was it? Doesn't make them incompetent slackers.

You go, Cooz, get'em.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

I’m so glad that Cooz Clapped Back… Empty Re: I’m so glad that Cooz Clapped Back…

Post by willjr Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:35 pm

bobheckler wrote:Jeez.  That's quite a statement from Cooz.

Every time this board starts an era-vs-era thread I stay out of it.  You compete against who you compete against.  Pitting Kobe against Sam Jones is nonsense just as comparing Kobe against Giannis is nonsense.  EVERYTHING has advanced between those players' careers, not just their heights.  Training facilities and physical therapy, the contracts that allow them to train year round and not have to get a job as a plumber to pay the rent, medical technology that makes coming back from a ligament tear in a year or less even a possibility and not a career ender, hand checking on defense, two referees who don't mind being invisible instead of 3 who hate it.

Could a single, modern mechanized battalion with air support have ended the Revolutionary War in weeks and the Civil War in months?  Sure, but that's not what George Washington and Ulysses S. Grant had to work with, was it?  Doesn't make them incompetent slackers.

You go, Cooz, get'em.

Bob

Thank you BobH. I love your war/generals analogy, a perfect example to bolster your point. I also bypass the (to me) idiotic era comparison “debates”. I see them as nothing more than talking heads time fillers on slow days of sports talk media. IMO it is an invention/argument created by 24/7 sports talk media. I put it and the ridiculously tedious “first ballot HOF’er” BS in the same category. Ok, my soapbox is safely put away but in close proximity for it’s next usage.

willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Post by willjr Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:38 pm

bobheckler wrote:Jeez.  That's quite a statement from Cooz.

Could a single, modern mechanized battalion with air support have ended the Revolutionary War in weeks and the Civil War in months?  Sure, but that's not what George Washington and Ulysses S. Grant had to work with, was it?  Doesn't make them incompetent slackers.

You go, Cooz, get'em.

Bob

Bob

Thank you BobH. I love your war/generals analogy, a perfect example to bolster your point. I also bypass the (to me) idiotic era comparison “debates”. I see them as nothing more than talking heads time fillers on slow days of sports talk media. IMO it is an invention/argument created by 24/7 sports talk media. I put it and the ridiculously tedious “first ballot HOF’er” BS in the same category. Ok, my soapbox is safely put away but in close proximity for it’s next usage.
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down