2-year-old grandson of Bucks coach Adrian Griffin dies

5 posters

Go down

2-year-old grandson of Bucks coach Adrian Griffin dies Empty 2-year-old grandson of Bucks coach Adrian Griffin dies

Post by dboss Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:37 pm

Associated Press
Jul 24, 2023, 08:39 PM ET

URBANA, Ill. -- The 2-year-old grandson of Milwaukee Bucks coach Adrian Griffin died Saturday after the child's father found him unresponsive earlier in the day.

Jayce D. Griffin of Urbana, Illinois, was pronounced dead Saturday at 10:40 a.m. at the Carle Foundation Hospital, according to Champaign County coroner Duane Northrup. The coroner's office said preliminary reports from an autopsy conducted Monday showed no evidence of trauma or foul play.

"At this time, the death of Jayce Griffin appears to be from natural causes pending additional testing and final autopsy results," Northrup said in a statement.

Northrup said the death is under investigation by the Champaign police department and the Champaign County coroner's office. Additional information won't be released until the completion of the investigation.

"My grandson Jayce was very special to me and my family, and his passing is an agonizing tragedy that will be felt forever," Adrian Griffin said in a statement released by the Bucks. "I appreciate your respecting our family's grief and privacy at this time."

As many of you guys know Adrian played for the Celtics.  My prayers go out to him and his family.  
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

2-year-old grandson of Bucks coach Adrian Griffin dies Empty Re: 2-year-old grandson of Bucks coach Adrian Griffin dies

Post by bobheckler Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:42 pm

Parents and grandparents aren't supposed to outlive the younger generations.

This sucks, it really does.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

2-year-old grandson of Bucks coach Adrian Griffin dies Empty Re: 2-year-old grandson of Bucks coach Adrian Griffin dies

Post by Shamrock1000 Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:56 pm

There is a Korean proverb regarding the death of a child (or in this case, grand child) - it translates as:

When a parent dies, they are buried in the ground. When a child dies, they are buried in the parent's heart

RIP Jayce D. Griffin

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:05 pm

Beautifully expressed, Shamrock. Thanks.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:14 pm

This is just so sad, no parent, grandparent. should outlive their children. A life never lived, memories never made. My heart breaks for the family, Rip little one.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down