Reports: Bucks fire head coach Adrian Griffin; Doc Rivers being considered for job

+2
dboss
steve3344
6 posters

Go down

Reports: Bucks fire head coach Adrian Griffin; Doc Rivers being considered for job Empty Reports: Bucks fire head coach Adrian Griffin; Doc Rivers being considered for job

Post by steve3344 Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:02 pm

https://sports.yahoo.com/reports-bucks-fire-head-coach-adrian-griffin-doc-rivers-being-considered-for-job-194329915.html

Probably the first coach in NBA history fired with a record of 30-13.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Reports: Bucks fire head coach Adrian Griffin; Doc Rivers being considered for job Empty Re: Reports: Bucks fire head coach Adrian Griffin; Doc Rivers being considered for job

Post by dboss Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:28 pm

steve3344 wrote:https://sports.yahoo.com/reports-bucks-fire-head-coach-adrian-griffin-doc-rivers-being-considered-for-job-194329915.html

Wow!

This sounds like a situation where the key players turned on him. I know there have been some rumblings.

That team is not very good on defense. I do not know how changing the coach improves that.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Reports: Bucks fire head coach Adrian Griffin; Doc Rivers being considered for job Empty Re: Reports: Bucks fire head coach Adrian Griffin; Doc Rivers being considered for job

Post by Shamrock1000 Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:48 pm

dboss wrote:
steve3344 wrote:https://sports.yahoo.com/reports-bucks-fire-head-coach-adrian-griffin-doc-rivers-being-considered-for-job-194329915.html

Wow!

This sounds like a situation where the key players turned on him.  I know there have been some rumblings.

That team is not very good on defense.  I do not know how changing the coach improves that.

For sure Dboss. Basically, Adrian paid the price for trading Jrue for Dame and then having Jrue end up as a potentially missing piece on the Buck's main rival. It's hard to pin all the blame on Dame for the Buc's defensive collapse, but he is not a good defender. Not sure Doc is the guy to get them to the promised land. He couldn't get loaded Clips and 76ers teams there, and the KG, Pierce, Ray Celtics should have won more than one.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:15 pm

ESPN shuffled the deck for Doc to be the new guy in the top lineup. There's gotta be something in his new contract that keeps him from abandoning the ship so soon.

Why would he want to leave anyway?

Bucks need to look elsewhere for someone to Steer the Deer.

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:12 pm

The Bucks need an experienced coach.  However I agree with Steve3344.

They do not have the defenders particularly at guard.

Middleton is not as good as he used to be.  

There has been an explosion of 3 point shooting teams and you have to defend on the perimeter.  I have no doubt that trading Jrue has had a big impact on their defense.

Doc will probably jump at the opportunity to coach yet another pair of high end players.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:41 pm

Doc lands on his feet again, with a prepaid team with two superstars. What will it do to his “legacy” if he ends up losing again, Interesting, they should have signed him right away. Time will tell I guess.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:59 pm

If you take a closer look at things, Adrian Griffin’s firing makes a bit more sense - Dan Devine

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/if-you-take-a-closer-look-at-things-adrian-griffins-firing-makes-a-bit-more-sense-024404282.html

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:31 am

Good article, steve3344.  I'm going with Bucks in a huge bust.  Giannis, as great of a front man for the league that he is, needs a huge lesson and dose of humility.  And he's going to get it.  All this "It's my team.  Always will be my team" blah, blah, blah is and always has been the most childish bs mentality that must have come on board after the Celtics wound down in the mid-70's.  Who cares?!!!!  I can assure you with great accuracy none of those championship Celtic teams ever spent one second thinking, claimed or had the words come out of any of their mouths that it was THEIR TEAM.  Russell?  Jones?  (Both)  Cousy?  Yeah right.

Now Bird and Magic may have had something to do with this mentality but it wasn't their idea.  They just arrived on the scene at the absolute precise right moment.  The league was headed for FoldUpsVille so the media went into boxing mode metaphor mentality and it was Bird vs. Magic for all the 80's.  That was the movie that was playing the whole decade.  Rocky franchise added to the frenzy. Jordan clearly took it to a whole new level and cemented it in the 90's.  And here we are.  

Here we go again, but the Bucks problem is not the coach.  I could coach this Bucks team to the championship part-time from home every other weekend.  It's what's above in the front office and what's below on the court that needs the shaking up.  The Bucks need to realize they mercilessly shot themselves in both feet trading Jrue away for Doom Time.  Looked real good on paper.  Jrue can't be that good.  But Dame can't defend himself out of a paper bag, much less come anywhere close to what Jrue provided across the board.  No matter what the Bucks do, they will either be eliminated early again or we will do it for them in the ECF.  The are swinging a stick at the pinata in a room in the dark but the pinata is hanging in another room in another state.  No new coach is going to come in and say defend better and it will just magically happen.  

They'll make a trade here to pick up a half-assed defender on the cheap, maybe hire Doc, (that will be the tell-tale sign of total desperation. Sorry Doc. Stick with announcing. One championship is all you get.) but the die has been cast.  Enough about them.  If you like train wrecks, get your popcorn. Harden II coming to a theater near you!! 

In other news, 25-game suspension for Tristan Thompson @ CLE.  Doesn't look like he's contributing much off the bench, but this may take some wind out of their 8-game win streak sails.  

Brad is watching.  He's watching this, he's watching MIA.  I hope he knows Pat Riley HATES the Celtics.  LOATHES.  MIA is just his front since he's retired from coaching.  He's brainwashed his protege Eric into the same frenzy.  Thursday and Saturday may very well be the biggest games of the season to date for the Boston Celtics and this run.  But I digress.    

I've figured out now how Brad needs to respond to everything up to the trade deadline.  Exactly like he did before.  "Who in the Hell is Derrick White?!!" we all asked in stunned, silenced stupidity...There's your answer.  And it won't click in with the rest of the league until it is way too late and you are bounced from the playoffs.  But we'll know.  THAT'S who we have as GM. Can't wait to see how this plays out.  

Amen!  Hallelujah!!  

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down