Celtics’ Jayson Tatum won’t like Stephen A. Smith’s bold Jaylen Brown take

+2
Ktron
bobheckler
6 posters

Go down

Celtics’ Jayson Tatum won’t like Stephen A. Smith’s bold Jaylen Brown take Empty Celtics’ Jayson Tatum won’t like Stephen A. Smith’s bold Jaylen Brown take

Post by bobheckler Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:01 am

https://clutchpoints.com/celtics-news-jayson-tatum-wont-like-stephen-a-smiths-bold-jaylen-brown-take?campaign_id=23853927977920619&ad_id=23853927978000619

Celtics’ Jayson Tatum won’t like Stephen A. Smith’s bold Jaylen Brown take

Jayson Tatum is the Celtics' best player, but not the most reliable in the postseason -- that's Jaylen Brown, according to Stephen A. Smith

By Colin Gallant

May 5, 2023 at 10:07 AM PDT

Jayson Tatum is the best player on the Boston Celtics, but he isn't the most reliable in the postseason — that title is reserved for Jaylen Brown, at least according to Stephen A. Smith.

“Jayson Tatum is the best player on the team. He is not the best player in the postseason over the last 2 years. That has been Jaylen Brown,” Smith said on First Take on Friday when discussing whether Tatum or league MVP Joel Embiid has more riding on their second-round NBA Playoff series.

“Brown has been a more reliable asset for the Boston Celtics than Tatum. And so when you look at it from that perspective, assuming that Brown is going to continue to do what he's been doing, you are going to look at Tatum…they won the other night by 34 points…Brown had about 25 points…Tatum had seven points.

Now it's not a big deal because they won the game. But as you reflect on this team, if they falter and fall, you're gonna look at Jayson Tatum and ask yourself, ‘what did he do.?' With Embiid you're gonna say, ‘was he healthy or not,' because we know what he can do when he's healthy.”

Strong words from Stephen A. Smith, but Tatum getting seven points in a playoff game is certainly not what the Boston Celtics are looking for from their star player.

Still, as Smith said, it didn't matter in Game 2 as the Celtics crushed the 76ers 121-87 at TD Garden. But Tatum is going to need to be better if the team plans to make another run at an NBA Championship.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Celtics’ Jayson Tatum won’t like Stephen A. Smith’s bold Jaylen Brown take Empty Re: Celtics’ Jayson Tatum won’t like Stephen A. Smith’s bold Jaylen Brown take

Post by Ktron Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:46 pm

Smith also said that the Celtics were absolutely not ( his words) going to sign Brown to a Super Max.

Consider the source then forget it

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Celtics’ Jayson Tatum won’t like Stephen A. Smith’s bold Jaylen Brown take Empty Re: Celtics’ Jayson Tatum won’t like Stephen A. Smith’s bold Jaylen Brown take

Post by NYCelt Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:03 pm

Major individual opinion warning…. OK, my take is this;

Stephen A is a complete fool and tries to justify his contract by volume because he can’t do it with facts.

His marquee spot with the top sports network shows the total decline in the art of sportscasting.

His on-air success foreshadows the decline of civilization, causes climate change, threatens chances of peace in our time, and causes some species of small animals to go extinct.

He is, however, a great example of how someone with no apparent job skills can still do well in the American economy just by showing up and ranting until one gets their way.

I was raised to say nothing about someone if you can’t say something nice. Stevie is an exception.

Ahhhhh! That feels better!
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:30 pm

I have a friend from NYC and he talks just like SAS. It's baked into the cake.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:10 pm

I've said this before. To me, like him or not or like what he says or not, he's one of the "E's" in ESPN. They are a great fit and meant for each other. He does make a good point every once and a while. He works hard. He earns his money. He brings a certain gravitas that all those other knucklehead wannabes that were on First Take for the last month can't touch while he and Molly were on vaca. I missed him. I like him.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:22 pm

It’s well documented here how I feel about Smith… but, to imply that he has no apparent job skills is suspect.

Clownish indeed but he is no fool.
He definitely has skills. He just doesn’t take advantage of them like he did when he was a columnist.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:14 pm

Ktron wrote:It’s well documented here how I feel about Smith… but, to imply that he has no apparent job skills is suspect.

He definitely has skills. He just doesn’t take advantage of them like he did when he was a columnist.

That was intended as sarcasm. Well, some of it, anyway. For example, I don't really think he causes animals to go extinct.

Although I don't personally think he's that talented. As a viewer, I find he has a serious lack of credibility due to the number of times it appears his sources have turned out to be his speculation. I find his delivery off-putting as well. But hey, we all have different likes and dislikes.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:28 pm

Steven A’s schtik is he’s ghetto, and he made it, so he represents. He makes valid sports points and being a die hard Giants fan, love the way he rips the Cowboys. His thing is he gets loud and overly loquacious and uses funny entertaining words like blasphemy, while making points shouting in a ghetto type way and he proved there’s a place for that home boy in sports talk. Good for him….

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:35 pm

NYCelt wrote:
Ktron wrote:It’s well documented here how I feel about Smith… but, to imply that he has no apparent job skills is suspect.

That was intended as sarcasm. Well, some of it, anyway. For example, I don't really think he causes animals to go extinct.

Although I don't personally think he's that talented. As a viewer, I find he has a serious lack of credibility due to the number of times it appears his sources have turned out to be his speculation. I find his delivery off-putting as well. But hey, we all have different likes and dislikes.

That’s one of the reasons why my response was pointed toward his abilities and staging. I can certainly discern as to what was sarcasm and what was otherwise.

in this particular case it’s not s question of likes and dislikes. I don’t like him very much either but as much as it pains me, I won’t slight what I believe are his abilities.

Smith has always been a damn good columnist but like you, I can’t stomach the over the top rating seducing nonsense.

Last edited by Ktron on Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:39 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:Steven A’s schtik is he’s ghetto, and he made it, so he represents. He makes valid sports points and being a die hard Giants fan, love the way he rips the Cowboys. His thing is he gets loud and overly loquacious and uses funny entertaining words like blasphemy, while making points shouting in a ghetto type way and he proved there’s a place for that home boy in sports talk. Good for him….

Cowens, Before I opine, I have a few questions. 

Is Bayless “Ghetto” as well? What is your definition of “Ghetto”?

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:54 am

Ktron wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:Steven A’s schtik is he’s ghetto, and he made it, so he represents. He makes valid sports points and being a die hard Giants fan, love the way he rips the Cowboys. His thing is he gets loud and overly loquacious and uses funny entertaining words like blasphemy, while making points shouting in a ghetto type way and he proved there’s a place for that home boy in sports talk. Good for him….

In Stephen A’s case it’s the way he goes off, the ranting really, that’s all, don’t have to look too deep….no other pundits have gone off like this all the time. Bayless is not ghetto, I can be ghetto

I know he has substance and I would love an opportunity to do what he does, there’s too many squeaky clean Asians in media, I would love to rant like him too and argue points in sports!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:19 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:
Ktron wrote:

In Stephen A’s case it’s the way he goes off, the ranting really, that’s all, don’t have to look too deep….no other pundits have gone off like this all the time. Bayless is not ghetto, I can be ghetto

I know he has substance and I would love an opportunity to do what he does, there’s too many squeaky clean Asians in media, I would love to rant like him too and argue points in sports!!

I hear ya, Loud and clear my brother and I’m sure you mean no harm here but most folks wouldn’t take being called ”ghetto” as a term of endearment.

Meanwhile… 

https://x.com/zo2_/status/1694089798464741662?s=46&t=co9sEIZuLViLvI_mJgWY2w

Lonzo Ball Calls Out Stephen A. Smith to Dispute Report About Knee Injury

Stephen A. Smith shared a concerning report about Lonzo Ball’s NBA future during Tuesday’s episode of First Take, suggesting he didn’t think the 25-year-old would “ever be the same.”
Smith claims his sources told him that Ball even struggles to “get up from the sitting position” due to the knee injuries which have plagued the Bulls guard thus far into his career.

After hearing the comments Smith spewed on ESPN on Tuesday, Ball issued a response on social media, taking to X, formerly known as Twitter, in order to clear the air and even call out the analyst.
Ball tagged Smith in an X video, for which the caption read, “@stephenasmith come to the actual source next time. I’m not hard to reach.”

In the video, Ball sounded off on the ESPN analyst and questioned who his sources were.

“Stephen A., who are your sources, bro?” asked Ball while repeatedly standing from a seated position using his left leg. “Please tell me who your sources are. Come on man. Come on man, you gotta stop yapping. And I actually like you, man! And I don’t even know you like that, but I like you. I’m coming back, man. Come on!” 

Ball missed the entire 2022–23 season after undergoing surgery on his left knee. He’s not expected to feature for Chicago during the 2023–24 season either, while recovering from the injury.
Ball isn’t the only athlete to take issue with some comments from Smith this week. On Monday, Bills wide receiver Stefon Diggs took to social media to dispute Smith’s claims that he wanted out of Buffalo, calling them “100% not true.”  

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:22 am

Stephen A going all ghetto on Ben Simmons, yelling for him to shut the hell up, yelling stop stealing money and way more!!! Love him calling out that loser. There should be special exceptions where contracts are NOT guaranteed !!!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:42 am

Seriously throughout history of the NBA there have been rules implemented when the player/topic was worthy of change. There was the Oscar Robinson rule, had something to do with the start of free agency. There was the Larry Bird rule, had to do with loyalty and teams ability to get benefits for a players service/length to a team.

This Ben Simmons situation is so bad for the league, the way that premadonna still gets paid and has so much leverage to get away with it. League has to come up with a Ben Simmons rule, that this kind of sh!t will not be tolerated, he has to be allowed to be waived….foc{ the contract!!!! Enough with these no good guys ruining the game!!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:35 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:Stephen A going all ghetto on Ben Simmons, yelling for him to shut the hell up, yelling stop stealing money and way more!!! Love him calling out that loser. There should be special exceptions where contracts are NOT guaranteed !!!!!
Dude is hurt man. Has been for the past 2+ years.

“Ghetto” still not cool no matter how it’s dressed up. As I said I don’t think you mean harm but Its considered an insult in the African American community.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:16 pm

Ktron wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:Stephen A going all ghetto on Ben Simmons, yelling for him to shut the hell up, yelling stop stealing money and way more!!! Love him calling out that loser. There should be special exceptions where contracts are NOT guaranteed !!!!!

“Ghetto” still not cool no matter how it’s dressed up. As I said I don’t think you mean harm but Its considered an insult in the African American community.

Don’t mean to offend anyone, was referring to the clip/segment in real time. Steven A went off in that overly loud loquacious way of his and his rhetoric on the topic made perfect sense to me. He’s great at that and it’s part of what has gotten him fans. Hope it didn’t offend you.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:45 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:
Ktron wrote:

Don’t mean to offend anyone, was referring to the clip/segment in real time. Steven A went off in that overly loud loquacious way of his and his rhetoric on the topic made perfect sense to me. He’s great at that and it’s part of what has gotten him fans. Hope it didn’t offend you.
I know you’re not trying to offend anyone. I’m sure of that but when one calls another ghetto especially when Black folks refer to other Black folks as ghetto it’s a way of putting them down and it mainly because if they way they express themselves loudly, dress and out lower on the income earning pole.
“Loud loquacious and rhetorical sounds much better! 😊
Thanks for elaborating on it my friend. We good👊🏾👊🏾.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:20 am

Ktron wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:
Ktron wrote:

I know you’re not trying to offend anyone. I’m sure of that but when one calls another ghetto especially when Black folks refer to other Black folks as ghetto it’s a way of putting them down and it mainly because if they way they express themselves loudly, dress and out lower on the income earning pole.
“Loud loquacious and rhetorical sounds much better! 😊
Thanks for elaborating on it my friend. We good👊🏾👊🏾.

Actually if it offends you or anyone I can stop using the term, I didn’t so much realize it can also be descriptive of the way one might dress or their income, but that makes sense. I actually love that he made it and found his niche, he’s the top guy now at ESPN and he earned it. He has his detractors, but hey what big public figure doesn’t? Just like there are great cover bands that play great Zepplin or Tull and the music is so good and the musicians are talented; they had fun and entertained people, but they never made it, that’s kinda like me. I have a loud side and I should have figured out a way to pursue sportscasting many years ago, in my youth, but was pursuing other things, so too late now. This board fills a void for me, it’s great that there is so much knowledge out there, I mean here on the Celtics and basketball. Glad we’re on the same team.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:57 pm

No prob. I just wanted to make you aware.

You and I spoke about your interest in podcasting. It’s never too late.
It can be difficult garnering interest and I can send you some study pieces that may help you get started if you’re still interested. I also don’t mind speaking with you via phone as well.

I’m working with a company now that is trying to launch several podcasts and it’s a daunting task but it can be financial rewarding.

You Tube is a must. And You Tube pays $$ depending on your subscriber numbers.
(5-10k should be a minimum)

Note that there are close to 44,000 radio stations worldwide but… there are over 5 million podcasts with over 70 million episodes worldwide.

The challenge is being heard and seen in an overcrowded marketplace.

Just things to ponder.

If you are still interested, please let me know.
There is no such thing as too late if you have some great ideas that may work.

As for Stephen A, I’m going to post a piece that I recently read on him and give my thoughts.
I think you’ll find it most interesting and would love your thoughts as well.

Peace and Hair Grease!!

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:31 pm

Ktron wrote:No prob. I just wanted to make you aware.

It can be difficult garnering interest and I can send you some study pieces that may help you get started if you’re still interested. I also don’t mind speaking with you via phone as well.

I’m working with a company now that is trying to launch several podcasts and it’s a daunting task but it can be financial rewarding.

Note that there are close to 44,000 radio stations worldwide but… there are over 5 million podcasts with over 70 million episodes worldwide.

Just things to ponder.

As for Stephen A, I’m going to post a piece that I recently read on him and give my thoughts.

Peace and Hair Grease!!

Thanks

Right we did speak or text, I will PM you, are you on FB?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:40 pm

Ktron trying to send it, but after typing cannot find any send button, hate this technology crap….

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:46 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:
Ktron wrote:No prob. I just wanted to make you aware.

Just things to ponder.

Peace and Hair Grease!!

Thanks

Right we did speak or text, I will PM you, are you on FB?

Yes. Vern Catron

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down