NBA Power Rankings, post-offseason edition - What has changed this summer?

Go down

NBA Power Rankings, post-offseason edition - What has changed this summer? Empty NBA Power Rankings, post-offseason edition - What has changed this summer?

Post by dboss Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:35 pm

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/38031459/nba-power-rankings-post-offseason-edition-changed-summer

This article was published on July 30th

They Have the Celtics ranked 3rd behind the Nuggets at #1 and the Bucks at #2.

While the Nuggets deserve the top spot they lost 2 key rotation pieces to their championship squad.  It will be interesting to see how that effects their team.

The Bucks now have both Androids on the roster.  They added SG Malik Beasley in free agency and he provides some offensive depth off the bench.  If there was one positional weakness that could become an issue it is their lack of PG depth behind Holiday, unless you think ancient and often injured Goran Dragic fills the bill.

I do see how the Bucks can be ranked above the Celtics.

The Celtics are the only team in the East that has a legit big 3.  They parted ways with Smart and G Williams.  We can only surmise what the impact will be.  Chemistry always changes when you change your top 8 guys.  

Changes in chemistry can be bad or good.  I expect to see a faster team on the court in transition.  I also expect to see a more diverse offense because we have added a big who can score from anywhere on the court.  Brad has placed an emphasis on having a deep wing rotation.  We have yet to see the new guys play.  I'm picking Jordan Walsh as the surprise player for Boston this season.  His ability to guard multiple position should help him earn some playing. time.

At #4 the Suns come in with the only other legit big 3.  However with Chris Paul and Cameron Payne traded away the issue of PG depth cannot be overlooked.  

The Heat came in at #5 and one can only ponder their pursuit of Damian Lillard.  They also lost 2 key contributors that help them push us over the edge.

Overall, I really like what Boston has done to become an even better team.   I expect them to rise to the very top before too long.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down