Celtics potential and potentially headed for the 2nd apron abyss.

4 posters

Go down

Celtics potential and potentially headed for the 2nd apron abyss. Empty Celtics potential and potentially headed for the 2nd apron abyss.

Post by willjr Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:09 pm

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/38688795/the-celtics-closing-opportunity-why-stakes-higher-ever
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Celtics potential and potentially headed for the 2nd apron abyss. Empty Re: Celtics potential and potentially headed for the 2nd apron abyss.

Post by NYCelt Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:45 am

willjr wrote:https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/38688795/the-celtics-closing-opportunity-why-stakes-higher-ever

I think this is a big part of all the Celtic win now moves. My belief is this is a one year roster that will be vastly different next season. Once Tatum gets his new deal and the new CBA starts to kick in, there appears to be no choice but to overhaul the team. The only comforting thought there is that many other teams will be going through the same issues.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Celtics potential and potentially headed for the 2nd apron abyss. Empty Re: Celtics potential and potentially headed for the 2nd apron abyss.

Post by gyso Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:23 am

I believe it all comes down to our success this coming season, step by step.  

We could still get under the 2nd apron before the end of the season by making a couple of contract salary dumps at the trading deadline.  If things are not going all that well at that time, this presents an off-ramp from the penalty.

If we are healthy, winning and rolling through the league at that time, we hold the hand we got (or improve it) and pay the penalty.  Why not?  It is just billionaire monopoly money.

Then, if we win the championship, the ownership should roll it forward and just tweak around the edges in the off season.  They said they would pay for a winner, let's see if they do.

One thing leads to another, and success or failure along the path will affect their decision-making.

Once Tatum gets his new deal this summer, his big raise will not go into effect the next season.  It kicks the second season after it is signed.  Just like Jaylen's extension doesn't kick in until next season.  There is a one-year pause.

There is talk about extending White (soon or next summer) and Holiday (next summer), and they already extended Pritchard.  There are so many moving parts, and in my opinion, next summer is just too far away to predict (or worry about) roster movement at this time.

One thing to remember: Today's outrageous contract becomes a comparative bargain in 2-3 years.  We've seen it over and over again.

I plan to enjoy this ride while it is happening, there's some good vibes coming out of camp.

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:34 pm

Too much to think about I only want to enjoy the ride this year if we do not win some of those questions will be answered this ownership is all in and have spent the money now it is up to the players to show them they appreciate an ownership that backs them Let’s deal with the future later I am ready for the ride what about you?
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down