Potential Boston Celtics target Pau Gasol apparently headed to Milwaukee Bucks

5 posters

Go down

Potential Boston Celtics target Pau Gasol apparently headed to Milwaukee Bucks Empty Potential Boston Celtics target Pau Gasol apparently headed to Milwaukee Bucks

Post by bobheckler Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:31 pm

https://sports.yahoo.com/potential-boston-celtics-target-pau-214846414.html

Potential Boston Celtics target Pau Gasol apparently headed to Milwaukee Bucks

NBC Sports Boston Staff
NBC Sports Boston
•Mar 1, 2019, 1:48 PM

Potential Boston Celtics target Pau Gasol apparently headed to Milwaukee Bucks originally appeared on nbcsportsboston.com

The Boston Celtics were expected to be players on the 2019 buyout market. It was a good year for buyout players and armed with an open roster spot, the Celtics were expected to pursue a potential upgrade for their bench.

While the Celtics were linked to a couple of players on the buyout market, most notably Enes Kanter, the team hasn't added anyone. They have stood pat only to see their team go on a four-game losing streak since returning from the All-Star break. Then, for a brief moment, it appeared a target may have emerged:

Adrian Wojnarowski
✔️
@wojespn
The San Antonio Spurs and center Pau Gasol have agreed on a contract buyout, clearing the way for the six-time All-Star to be playoffs-eligible for his next team, league sources told ESPN.

1:29 PM - Mar 1, 2019

Alas . . .

Adrian Wojnarowski
✔️
@wojespn
Pau Gasol is planning to sign with the Milwaukee Bucks, league sources tell ESPN.

1:42 PM - Mar 1, 2019

With Gasol available and the Celtics having an open roster spot, the fit could have been a good one. Gasol, 38, averaged a career-low 12.2 minutes per game for the Spurs this year, but he was still productive when on the floor, averaging 4.2 points and 4.7 rebounds in those minutes.

Gasol could have provided the Celtics with another quality frontcourt option. They have had issues winning without Aron Baynes in the lineup this year, so adding some help there certainly wouldn't have hurt.

But . . .

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Potential Boston Celtics target Pau Gasol apparently headed to Milwaukee Bucks Empty Re: Potential Boston Celtics target Pau Gasol apparently headed to Milwaukee Bucks

Post by dboss Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:10 pm

The rich are getting richer. The Bucks are all in for a run this year.

Is Gortat still available? If so maybe Boston should add him.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Potential Boston Celtics target Pau Gasol apparently headed to Milwaukee Bucks Empty Re: Potential Boston Celtics target Pau Gasol apparently headed to Milwaukee Bucks

Post by dbrown4 Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:38 pm

Bucks will be the Bucks of old. Lipstick on a pig or as Adam Silver put it, Earring on a pig.
I'm going to enjoy watching Boston torch them for all they are worth if we get the chance and they don't knock themselves out earlier on, leaving them pointing fingers and scratching their heads. We've already been through all what is coming for the Bucks. Time is running out and that leaves just the playoffs. That's really going to suck for them.

db

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:12 pm

dbrown4 wrote:Bucks will be the Bucks of old.  Lipstick on a pig or as Adam Silver put it, Earring on a pig.
I'm going to enjoy watching Boston torch them for all they are worth if we get the chance and they don't knock themselves out earlier on, leaving them pointing fingers and scratching their heads.  We've already been through all what is coming for the Bucks.  Time is running out and that leaves just the playoffs.  That's really going to suck for them.  

db    

db

db

I like your optimism. The Bucks are really having a special year. Back in the 2000-2001 season they finished 2nd in the East.

Their best record ever was 66-16 back in 1970-1971. Alcindor took them to the title and they won it. So it has been a long time, In 74 Boston beat them for the title. So there certainly is a long record of losing in the playoffs over the past 47 years.

If Boston had home court against them I would put my money on Boston. Unfortunately they have that advantage over us. I do think Boston Matches up well with them and Philly not so much with Toronto.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:43 pm

dboss wrote:The rich are getting richer.  The Bucks are all in for a run this year.

Is Gortat still available?  If so maybe Boston should add him.  

too late now

I put a post up earlier today about March 1 being the deadline for adding a player that is playoff eligible .

Danny felt it was better to sit with an open roster spot , it appears.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:54 pm

Kdp59

I did not realize 3-1 was a drop dead date.

Perhaps they want to avoid further disruption to the roster.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:41 pm

kdp59 wrote:
dboss wrote:The rich are getting richer.  The Bucks are all in for a run this year.

Is Gortat still available?  If so maybe Boston should add him.  

too late now

I put a post up earlier today about March 1 being the deadline for adding a player that is playoff eligible .

Danny felt it was better to sit with an open roster spot , it appears.

The 3/1 date is when a player needs to be released by in order to be eligible for the playoffs.
Then they just need to be signed by the end of the regular season.
Any current free agent is still playoff eligible.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:50 pm

dbrown4 wrote:Bucks will be the Bucks of old.  Lipstick on a pig or as Adam Silver put it, Earring on a pig.
I'm going to enjoy watching Boston torch them for all they are worth if we get the chance and they don't knock themselves out earlier on, leaving them pointing fingers and scratching their heads.  We've already been through all what is coming for the Bucks.  Time is running out and that leaves just the playoffs.  That's really going to suck for them.  

db    

db

I know Milwaukee didn’t play great against Boston in the first game after the all star break, but they are really, really good. Bledsoe and Brogdon are under rated near all stars in the backcourt. It would not surprise me one bit if they got to and beat GS in the Finals.
They have the size, speed and shooting to beat any team in a series.
I don’t think they are overly worried about potentially playing Boston in round 2.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:32 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g57LxM-GcSc
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down