Robert Williams to have surgery on right knee.

+5
dbrown4
NYCelt
gyso
RosalieTCeltics
international
9 posters

Go down

Robert Williams to have surgery on right knee.  Empty Robert Williams to have surgery on right knee.

Post by international Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:55 pm

Sad news.

international

Back to top Go down

Robert Williams to have surgery on right knee.  Empty Re: Robert Williams to have surgery on right knee.

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:20 pm

This is terrible news for Rob. I really feel sorry for him. It is something that I believe the organization had a feeling about. Sad
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Robert Williams to have surgery on right knee.  Empty Re: Robert Williams to have surgery on right knee.

Post by gyso Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:41 pm

Definitely some sad news. Come back strong, T.I.M.E.L.O.R.D!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:08 pm

Talented player, but his knees just aren’t going to let him have the career he should have. If his body would have let him realize his potential, the deal for Porzingis might have never been needed. I hope he can come back and be productive.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:16 pm

Trail Blazers center Robert Williams to undergo right knee surgery, out indefinitely

https://sports.yahoo.com/trail-blazers-center-robert-williams-235901737.html

NBC Sports
Mon, Nov 6, 2023, 6:59 PM EST·2 min read

Robert Williams III, the elite defensive center who has battled left knee issues the past couple of seasons, reportedly will now undergo surgery on his right knee after an injury suffered Sunday in Memphis.

Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN broke the news but there are a lot of details to fill in — what kind of knee surgery? From there, how long will he be out? From Wojnarowski:

Doctors and Williams' agent Kevin Bradbury of Lift Sports Management are working to gather information and discussing the kind of surgery that'll be necessary and how long of a timeline will be required for recovery, sources said.

Shams Charania and Jared Weiss of The Athletic add more detail, saying Williams may have to choose between a season ending surgery or a "clean up" that could have him back before the All-Star break.

Williams has been playing about 20 minutes a night off the bench for the Trail Blazers, backing up Deandre Ayton. Moses Brown and Jabari Walker will take over that role now.

Williams was the defensive anchor for the Celtics team that went to the NBA Finals two seasons ago but had rushed back from knee surgery that season to play in the Finals and was limited. Williams needed another surgery before last season on that same knee and missed the start of the season, playing in just 35 games.

This summer he came to the Trail Blazers as part of the Jrue Holiday trade and has averaged 6.8 points, 6.3 rebounds and 1.2 blocks a game in just fewer than 20 minutes a night. Williams was considered a potential trade target as we moved into December and toward the trade deadline next February as contenders always are looking for defensive help. Now teams will wait while he recovers from surgery before making any move. He is under contract for two seasons beyond this one at $25.7 million total.

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:18 am

Very sad indeed.  Such a superior talent.  Gonna have to say it but we dodged another bullet yet again.  Portland probably not too happy with the buyer's/trader's remorse setting in.    

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:52 am

Sad

Rooting hard for Rob and Paige Bueckers to overcome their injuries.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtics17 Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:19 am

He's so talented, but so injury prone. Best to Rob always, comeback strong.
Celtics17
Celtics17

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:23 pm

Damn
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:56 pm

I look at what is happening to Rob and all I can think of is Boogie Cousins. I know his personality left alot to be desired, but he was one heck of a center, but got hurt everytime he tried to make a comeback. I pray this is not the same for Rob, he is a good kid with alot of talent. I just feel so bad for him
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:19 am

Latest reports I'm seeing is that RWill's surgery is "season ending".

So sad.  

On a completely selfish and self-centered note it's looking like Brad's trade for Jrue was an absolutely epic steal now. Some draft picks, Brogdon (who didn't want to be here anymore) and a player who can't play for Jrue Holiday.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:58 am

Unintended consequences, it is best to avoid them.  The best way to avoid them is to take the simple step of looking down the line, 3 or 4 steps after the initial trade.

It looks like the Bucks did none of that.  They did not consider the path they opened up for us when they released Holiday into the wild.  With the Celtics looking over their fence to see where their own disgruntled player could be sent with the best return, the Bucks may as well have walked up to our gate and ask, "How about in a trade this guy?".

While I am sad to see RobW out with an injury (again), it certainly looks like the Celtics took advantage of the Bucks need to make Giannis Antetokounmpo happy.

Somewhere, Red is smiling.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down