Ja Morant injured

3 posters

Go down

Ja Morant injured Empty Ja Morant injured

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:40 pm

Out for the year with leg injury.  Now the questions start……will they trade Marcus to a contender (the bucks)???
I hope not, but, look what happened with Holiday. Think they would go after him??? There were rumors a while ago that they were interested.  I believe that would be a major move for them.  Marcus has been playing great, had 25 points the other night and was a main reason why they beat the Suns.

UGH, I hope not
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Ja Morant injured Empty Re: Ja Morant injured

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:43 pm

Wrong, not leg, torn labrum, surgery soon, gone for the year
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:53 pm

Grizzlies star Ja Morant to undergo season-ending shoulder surgery after tearing labrum at practice

https://sports.yahoo.com/grizzlies-star-ja-morant-to-undergo-season-ending-shoulder-surgery-after-tearing-labrum-at-practice-025851172.html

Ja Morant played in just nine games this season, and only returned last month after his 25-game suspension

Ryan Young
Staff writer
Mon, Jan 8, 2024, 10:30 PM EST·2 min read

Ja Morant’s season is over.

Morant sustained a torn labrum in his right shoulder, and is set to undergo season-ending surgery in the coming days, the Memphis Grizzlies announced on Monday night. Morant sustained the injury in a training session on Saturday, the team said, and an MRI confirmed the injury on Monday.

My comment: For more, click on the link.

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:15 am

That's a shame.  Looks an awful lot like Derrick Rose 2.0 as predicted here with great accuracy.  Rosalie, I honestly think at first blush here, MEM will stand down.  Their season is over.  No trade is going to get them out of purgatory.  Time to tank and hope the lottery gives them a replacement.  

Steven A. will be beside himself on First Take along with the sports world.  He is his biggest fan.  This isn't what Adam Silver wanted.  We mentioned what David Stern would have done in both cases along with Draymond.  But let's face it.  As coincidental as this injury is, the end result for Ja is the same as if David Stern has ruled.  Adam Silver is no David Stern.  But Morant is out for the season.  Very bad news for Memphis.  The league will move on.    

Now let's see what happens with Draymond.  I don't want to put the lifetime ban out there just yet, but there's no way in Hells Bathroom he's miraculously cured himself of whatever problems he has with a couple of Zoom meetings over coffee and doughnuts in just 12 games.  His leash is a lot shorter.  I'm real close, though. The Lifetime Ban is all that is really left for Draymond. And knowing he's not "cured" and how "intelligent" he is, he's back on the track, in the tunnel, going full speed and the light is coming from the other end.   

Silver has made some things very clear.  

1.  Don't mess with the NBA brand
2.  Act and play like you got some sense and control over your mind and body for the love of God

So grab a Coke and smile.  The movie is about to start out West.  I'm working on a movie title...Anybody have one?!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:11 am

Just a follow up on the Draymond Green comments. I have listened to his 1/8/24 lamenting podcast. I'm interested on this site's thoughts. It's a listen. About 55 minutes. Being in sales all my life, I can spot a valid or complete waste of time prospect within 2 seconds of any words coming out of his/her mouth. This saves me tremendous amounts of time wheel spinning.

My problem with Draymond is, I can't seem to pull the trigger on my gut reaction. There is none. I can't tell if this is the most honest, sincere, caring, loving all-world man's man or if he has completely snowballed himself, his teammates, his coach the GSW organization, the NBA, Adam Silver and the world as the biggest and greatest con artist the world has ever seen!

Maybe that's what has been fascinating me about him. The good news is, this will be resolved in about a month. Either he is trying to "grow" from all this and can drop his antics (still need a definition from him on that word) or he'll make one more swing and it will be forced retirement.

Just interested in everyone else's take upon listening to the podcast or what your guts are saying. Mine, for the moment, is in repair!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:12 pm

OK.  Done a little more thinking about the Draymond Situation.  I looked up the definition of antics.  

an-tics - foolish, outrageous or amusing behavior.  

I don't believe Draymond currently believes there is a problem with his use of this word nor his behavior.  Antics usually have a clownish or comedic connotation, as the words foolish, amusing and outrageous would seem to imply.  If he's talking about the way he talks to the refs, part of that can be classified as antics.  But it's EASILY reached the level of just flat out annoying, childish and stupid.  To all of us having to watch it, the league and including the refs who have to stop their work and engage this man almost every single play.

Nothing that he is doing that has offended the league to date is anywhere close to qualifying as "antics".  

But if he's calling his antics about the uncontrollable violence and flailing, then that clearly ain't the word.  I have to lean toward Ktron about dubbing him a war criminal or using similar language to describe him.  Those behaviors of his are not antics.  Outside the NBA those are indeed criminal actions under assault.  But in the NBA, it has just played out that we should just take a break, participate in a couple of Zoom meetings, and then everything is back to normal.

If you recall, the length of time between the next to last infraction and then the last infraction that resulted in the indefinite suspension was 4-6 weeks.  Draymond's going to have to perform a complete 180.  I'll bet dboss' paycheck that Draymond will go off one more time, probably within the next month and he will be done for the rest of the season and possibly ending his NBA career.  He's going to need to brush up his resume.

Now, real quickly, if I'm a team or player in the NBA going forward, I realize I have to defend him.  You can't just ignore him on the court.  I then realize that it's only going to take one play and he's gone for the rest of the season and more than likely banned for life. I don't think Silver has the guts to do that, even though he's continually being punked.  That's just his personality.  It ain't David Stern.  As Draymond points out in his podcast, AS leans more toward helping than punishing/hurting in these situations.  That gives Draymond yet another green light to keep it up his behavior.  

Whether you like Ja's time penalty for his behavior or wanted more/less and then spitting in the face of the commissioner and combining that with the coincidental season ending injury, Ja is done for 2023-24. All of it.  He was for brandishing a weapon.  That didn't hurt anybody.  Just the NBA's image.  Draymond is actually trying to assault people and coming back to play way ahead of schedule. Ja's behavior? That's more antics than anything Draymond has done.          

Anywho.  Should be an interesting month!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down