Post Game - Celtics vs. LA Clippers - Saturday, January 27 (L)

+3
RosalieTCeltics
cowens/oldschool
gyso
7 posters

Go down

Post Game - Celtics vs. LA Clippers - Saturday, January 27 (L) Empty Post Game - Celtics vs. LA Clippers - Saturday, January 27 (L)

Post by gyso Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:29 am

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401585274

Post Game - Celtics vs. LA Clippers - Saturday, January 27 (L) Box_s121
Post Game - Celtics vs. LA Clippers - Saturday, January 27 (L) Box_s123
Post Game - Celtics vs. LA Clippers - Saturday, January 27 (L) Box_s124

Back to top Go down

Post Game - Celtics vs. LA Clippers - Saturday, January 27 (L) Empty Re: Post Game - Celtics vs. LA Clippers - Saturday, January 27 (L)

Post by gyso Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:39 am

Post Game - Celtics vs. LA Clippers - Saturday, January 27 (L) Game_f46

How did this happen?

Post Game - Celtics vs. LA Clippers - Saturday, January 27 (L) Screen23

From 9:52 - 3:03 (6min, 49sec), we went scoreless.  We were already not seeing the ball go in for us, but this took it to the next level.

From 58-46 to 81-48, 23 straight points.

They treated us like a JV team.  I hope the next time we do this to another team, we stay humble and remember this game.

Back to top Go down

Post Game - Celtics vs. LA Clippers - Saturday, January 27 (L) Empty Re: Post Game - Celtics vs. LA Clippers - Saturday, January 27 (L)

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:04 am

I think we were cold

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:23 am

This game was so totally disappointing, I just cannot imagine that they came out to play this game, at home, after losing last game at home, and did not put on a show. The Clippers manhandled the Celtics, and then they laughed at them at the end of the game. Harden was on the bench doing some kind of a wiggle dance, Mann was punking them all over the place, and even the scrubs were having a jolly good time. Disappointed? No, ticked off. Shame on them. KG would have send them flying if they tried to do that to his team. I just don't get it. And, in the end, when the game was over, when usually the Celtics winning big, hold the ball and take a 24 second violation, the Clippers kept shooting, swinging on the rim, and rubbing their face in it. I wonder how that felt to them, because it angered me to no end. Grow up boys, this is for all the marbles, and games like this put you out there as not being able to handle the bullying you took last night, every team is going to do it to you, wake up and (I cannot say what I really want to say) grow up
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:11 pm

Elephants can remember, Rosalie.  And we will.  LAC will not be in the Finals.  They have the ultimate playoff quitter on their team.  It's not that he's injured and can't play.  He's on the court.  He just quits when it counts.  Yuck it up, Furball.  Can't change those stripes.  Just ask Draymond.  But it won't matter, LAC won't be there to take us on.

Next.  

db

dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:33 am

The inability to knock down countless open shots impacted the defense.

Not often you see both teams go 10-40 from deep (25%)

I thought that the Celtics did not win enough 50/50 balls while giving up offensive rebounds even though we had more offensive rebounds than they did. We would make a defensive stop but not come away with the possession. That happened a few too many times. We lost the PITP battle.

Our 3 point shooting was bad just like theirs but our 2 point percentage was hideous.

The Clippers have been playing well as of late and they got beat down by the Celtics out on LA so this game was a payback affair.

With 2 tough games coming up let's hope that getting smacked about by The clippers wakes them up!
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:42 am

If Jrue Holiday has anything to say about it, this game tonight should be a good one to watch. He said exactly what I said during the game, this was a good old fashioned a...kicking/whooping!!!! I just do not like that this is happening against teams that are at the top of the conferences. The Celtics need to go back to the killer instinct and put teams away in the third quarter
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by hawksnestbeach Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:35 pm

Hello, all, IMHO: When the C's get beaten, it usually starts with the other team scoring at the hoop because we have no rim protector. Against an elite team like the Clippers, neither Al nor Luke is the answer. Even Zingis really isn't the answer although his offense may mitigate the damage.
I think Queda could be the answer, especially if he gets regular minutes, and not just in the last period of a blowout.
I put this one on Joe, whom I like.
This team is built to go all the way, but won't, as long as Joe keeps wearing down starters, under-utilizing the bench. Using a deeper lineup in the regular season develops cohesion, ubuntu, confidence. It also can throw an opponent off because a team that trusts its reserves, has its starters available late in games. hawk

hawksnestbeach

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:08 pm

hawksnestbeach wrote:Hello, all, IMHO: When the C's get beaten, it usually starts with the other team scoring at the hoop because we have no rim protector. Against an elite team like the Clippers, neither Al nor Luke is the answer. Even Zingis really isn't the answer although his offense may mitigate the damage.
I think Queda could be the answer, especially if he gets regular minutes, and not just in the last period of a blowout.
I put this one on Joe, whom I like.
This team is built to go all the way, but won't, as long as Joe keeps wearing down starters, under-utilizing the bench. Using a deeper lineup in the regular season develops cohesion, ubuntu, confidence. It also can throw an opponent off because a team that trusts its reserves, has its starters available late in games. hawk

Agreed Luke has had some good games for him, but he’s such a defensive liability. In space Queta a much faster better defender.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:08 pm

The trouble with Queta, as talented as he is, is that he is a foul machine! The guy has to learn to use his body better, and stop trying to overpower players, as he will get called every time for it. What shall I call it, “lack of finesse?” I like the kid, but, am not sure he is the answer. We have less than two weeks, let’s see what the management does during this time. Buy outs? Who is really going to be there? Shock us Brad, pull a rabbit out of the hat, we are waiting
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:51 pm

Brad has surprised with moves nobody saw coming. I wouldn’t be surprised if he is up to something before the trade deadline.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down