JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT HE WAS GONE......RASHEED' IN THE ARENA!

4 posters

Go down

JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT HE WAS GONE......RASHEED' IN THE ARENA! Empty JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT HE WAS GONE......RASHEED' IN THE ARENA!

Post by 112288 Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:54 pm

I say do not count him out. Seme is hurt. His shoulder keeps popping out and Anige and Doc both said he will go into surgery perhaps when Perkins comes back. If so he goes on IR and Sheed comes in ..like Brown in 2008 for a few months worth of work. Don't discount this as a pull from thin air. Sheed would come cheap and he brings a back-up to #5 position and you can then move JON in the #4 which gives us height, shooting and a true back up to KG which we really do not have. As I said don't be too surprised if it happens!!!! Remember...Sheed just doesn't drop by for nothing!!!!!!! Read Below.....

Ainge: No need for 'Sheed
December, 30, 2010
By Chris Forsberg

Another tour in Boston for Rasheed Wallace? Players wouldn't be opposed.
A Celtics frontcourt player isn't truly injured until Rasheed Wallace's name is brought into the conversation as a possible replacement. During his call-in to Boston sports radio station WEEI (850 AM) on Thursday, Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge was asked about potentially adding Wallace to the roster (this despite the fact that Kevin Garnett is pegged to miss just two weeks and, more importantly, that the Celtics opened their wallets this offseason to send Wallace into retirement in August, securing a buyout of the two years remaining on a three-year deal he inked with Boston before the 2009-10 season).

Ainge didn't discount the possibility, but also didn't see an opening for Wallace.

"I don't know, I know that he’s been in our locker room a few of times this year and he’s been to a couple of practices," said Ainge. "I know the guys are teasing him about that -- about coming back. He’s said that he doesn’t want to come back.

"I’m not sure there’s room for Rasheed, unless we just have a whole bunch of injuries. Right now our center position, we have three healthy centers, we have a fourth one that’s not too far away in [Kendrick Perkins]. Right now, I’m more concerned about our backcourt with Delonte [West] and Rajon down, and Nate [Robinson] not quite 100 percent. Again, with [heightened minutes for Ray Allen and Paul Pierce], we need Avery [Bradley] and Von [Wafer] and Luke [Harangody] to step up and contribute."

Pressed on if the injury to Garnett was more severe, would he put more consideration into Wallace, Ainge noted, "I don't see him at the same position as KG."

Wallace doesn't help speculation by showing up at Celtics events like Boston's open practice for season-ticket holders in late October. Alas, his potential late-season addition is a question every Celtics reporter is constantly bombarded with as fans seem willing to forget his struggles to get last year's band back together for another title run.

Back to top Go down

JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT HE WAS GONE......RASHEED' IN THE ARENA! Empty Re: JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT HE WAS GONE......RASHEED' IN THE ARENA!

Post by Sam Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:50 pm

There's no such thing as IR.

If they were to sign Sheed, as Danny pointed out this late afternoon on WEEI radio (the same interview quoted above), they'd have to drop someone from the roster.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT HE WAS GONE......RASHEED' IN THE ARENA! Empty Re: JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT HE WAS GONE......RASHEED' IN THE ARENA!

Post by gyso Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:15 am

A couple points to consider:

. . . and Nate [Robinson] not quite 100 percent.

That may explain his current issues. He had a bum shoulder earlier this season, which affected his game. I haven't read anywhere about Nate's current injury, but Danny mentioned it so it must exist.

Again, with [heightened minutes for Ray Allen and Paul Pierce], we need Avery [Bradley] and Von [Wafer] and Luke [Harangody] to step up and contribute."

Ainge understands our most pressing need now is at the 1 and 2, not 4 and 5. He also understands that in order to sign Sheed, someone has to be released or traded away. A trade can happen with our free agent signings but IMO, our biggest need (with everyone healthy) is a player very much like James. James Posey, that is! affraid

Sheed still has a place (apartment, condo, whatever) in the Boston area and has time on his hands. Of course he is going to stop by the Celtics lockerroom and practices, etc. I just think he is passing some time with friends.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:17 pm

Sheed had a reputation for not taking care of his body when he was a player. I can just imagine what he must be like after being retired for 6 months.

Sheed on a 10-day contract? Hardly seems worth it. What's the point of building a deep bench, especially at 5, if you're going to going to put that kind of bandaid on it.

UNLESS KG's injury is not a 2-3 week thing...

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down