LACELTFAN
jeb
worcester
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

POST GAME MINNY Empty POST GAME MINNY

Post by 112288 Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:20 pm

A win is a win is a win is a..................I'll take it! Tommy points to Von Wafer, best game yet! He is sneaky long in his leaping ability and Doc and company has taught him defense. He could be a keeper if he continues. Hopefully he can develop like MD. Also Points for JON with 4 blocked shots...believe his skill is going to pay dividends come playoff time!

What's up with Semih? He dresses and just sits on the bench. Certainly he's earned his keep, so why is he not contributing? Anyone hear of any injury besides his shoulder?

I guess the strategy is to keep it close up to the fourth quarter and then put it into drive. That's fine but my nerve's are shot.

Big game Wednesday....should be a thriller.

Go Celtics!!!!!

Last edited by 112288 on Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

POST GAME MINNY Empty Re: POST GAME MINNY

Post by worcester Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:21 pm

Semih is still recovering from a URI - the flu.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:27 pm

Thanks Worcester!

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:29 pm

You guys there is no way we win this game last year. This is NOT last year's team.

Serious bobheckian GANAS by the men in green.

Glimmers

1. Von Wafer 2. JON 3. Rondo down the stretch 4. Luke (who flat put his smallish nba body on Kevin Love)

We found a way to win tonight when we didnt have a damn thing really clicking.

And we did it as a team.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:31 pm

Big game Wednesday....should be a thriller.

112288[/quote]

Thriller in Vanilla!

(That's what the Southerners think of Boston).
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:31 pm

Definitely a team win - and Luke showed he knows how to use the force!
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:33 pm

A win is a win....
BUT could someone tell me why the two Oneils play for almost 48 minutes total and have 5 rebounds TOTAL ...summing the both of them!
I don't see the games, can someone explain this to me?
Is the other team made up of 8 and 9 foot players? What's going on?
I think I might be able to get 5 rebounds if I played 48 minutes....Okay not really but geez....
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:36 pm

Von Wafer kept pushing the O'Neil's out of the way as he hogged the rebounds.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:42 pm

lacelt

jon made himself a force for good in the game, 4 blocks at least and he seems better every game.

Shaq dinna do much tonight
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:47 pm

Well they can't be waiting for KG to come back and get all the rebounds for them...these guys have got to get rebounds, that's just plain silly...
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:55 pm

The Celtic players better get back to Old School Rebounding. Tommy Heinsohn gave a simple clinic on TV tonight on rebounding and how to position your self for a bound. I hope someone has a tape or dvd to give the players. The only guy doing it right was Luke.

Simple, don't stand around and wait for your man to come to you to begin to fight for a rebound. Go out and find him and put your back into him so as to position your self for the bound or to box out your guy so he cannot get to the ball without causing a foul. Simple! Tommy has one of the best basketball IQ's ever. That is why he was a Hall of Fame player and could have reached it as a coach if not on his playing ability! Watch and listen to him...he's the best!

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:59 pm

Where are all the Von Wafer haters tonight?

Pretty quiet since the kid has been playing VERY GOOD lately.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:05 pm

YA MRKLEEN

It crossed my mind as I gave him a Tommy Point tonight.
Where oh where have the Von haters gone, oh where oh where can they be .......

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:28 pm

LACELTFAN wrote:A win is a win....
BUT could someone tell me why the two Oneils play for almost 48 minutes total and have 5 rebounds TOTAL ...summing the both of them!
I don't see the games, can someone explain this to me?
Is the other team made up of 8 and 9 foot players? What's going on?
I think I might be able to get 5 rebounds if I played 48 minutes....Okay not really but geez....

Someone also needs to explain to me how someone who is 7'1" and 360 can average 2.2 rebounds a game for six straight games? 13 rebounds in those 115 minutes of play. That's like three full games of 4 rebounds each.

Mind-boggling.

I think he's getting coached by Rasheed.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:46 pm

Boy, we caught a major break tonight. Just watched the highlights at www.nba.com and Ray Allen CLEARLY traveled on his huge three pointer that cut an 88-84 deficit to one with 2:58 to go. He took about five little steps without even dribbling once before hoisting that shot.

The refs had to be looking right at him because they have to make sure those shots are twos or threes. But they missed it. Amazing. Check it out.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:38 am

Great quote from Doc in post-game on Ray's block:

“I knew Ray had it. All the way,” Rivers said with a laugh. “Yeah, we put Ray back there to protect the basket.”

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:12 am

Steve, I think you are exaggerating a bit...I only counted 3 or 4 steps by RA...
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:37 am

did I read the boxscore right?Shaq and Baby combined for 3 rebounds and Love got 24,man how did we win this?rebounding is overated right?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:42 am

LACELTFAN wrote:Steve, I think you are exaggerating a bit...I only counted 3 or 4 steps by RA...

He certainly had "happy feet" while taking that shot.

And we got a happy result.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:58 am

it seemed Love got every single rebound and he damn near did.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:14 am

Except when Luke was boxing Love out... Tommy did do a great job last night coaching us fans how to rebound. The Celts rebounding performance is a sign we're missing Cliff Ray.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:18 am

Hi,
In all honesty Minny should've won the game - Celtics got a lucky break.
1. VW finally woke up and showed what he's capable of.
2. Luke had a good fight with Love, unfortunately he didn't get any love from the refs. Also, he has to calm down with the shooting part of his game: he can do much better than 0-4 FG.
3. RR's getting the rust off. But he's still looks afraid to run to the hoop. Also, looks very ginger on defensive p-n-r. Hope his foot will hold.
4. Once again, PP used his broad shoulders to pull this one off.

I hope they'll come with much better effort against Spurs unless they want to be motivated by embarrassing loss.

As a side note. VW and Luke are getting a lot of PT. I wonder if they're being showcased for a possible trade? Or, just spelling the starters.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:21 am

I don't think Doc is into showcasing. He just wants to win and has too few bodies around.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:34 am

Sinus

Only note I'd respond to is Luke and his shooting. All of his shots were well within the flow and shots he is totally capable of knocking down. No, none went in. There were a couple times he passed up open looks too.

He is a good shooter, perhaps the best "big" outside shooter on the team.

I don't think we need a trade to disrupt anything but if there is some offer out there ....who knows. we just need to get healthy.

beat

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:56 am

This was the bench's game. Von Wafer (that's right, MrKleen and 112288, I said Von Wafer) and JON in particular did a great job last night. The starters came out so flat that Doc started the second unit the 2nd quarter, and they did well.

1. Von Wafer showed me little to nothing before the last game or two. I'm glad he's finally showing us why Doc kept him instead of Lasme or Gaffney. He hit his shots and added energy. He rebounded bigger than his size and he's playing defense. Interestingly, there's an article in today's Globe that points out that the Celtics have until Monday to decide whether to guarantee Von Wafer's contract for the rest of the year or not "and president Danny Ainge wouldn’t confirm last night that the team would retain the swingman". Maybe it takes more than a game or two. Maybe there are other considerations, like roster flexibility. I'd also just like to point out, that people living in PST tend to wake up much later than people living in EST. Therefore, it takes us a while longer for us to get here.

2. JON hit his shots, inside and out, and played good help defense. He's starting to smile a lot more and we're winning. As of right now, I'd say JON is more effective than Shaq. Shaq's in a bit of a slump and JON is getting back into a groove.

3. Luke's shots weren't dropping last night, but all his shots were open shots, coming out of the flow of the offense and were within his range, shots he would normally knock down. None of his shots were forced. I love the way he fights for every rebound on both ends. Kevin Love abused him, a bit, but Love was abusing everybody else last night too. Luke and Von Wafer get gold stars for ganas, Von Wafer's paid off better.

4. In the Game On thread, Jeb said that Love is the best pound-for-pound rebounder he's seen since The Worm. I think Jebaroo might be onto something here. He was in position for most rebounds and followed his own misses very quickly. He abused Luke, but he also abused Davis and JON too. He had 10 rebounds in the first quarter and 15 at the half. A lot of his first quarter rebounds were gimmes, due to the Celtics atrocious shooting percentage, but we starting hitting our shots and he still kept sucking up rebounds. I enjoyed watching his game, especially since Minny lost. Just for comparison purposes, Love is averaging 13.8 rebounds/36 minutes career and 15.4 rebounds per 36 minutes this year. Rodman averaged 14.9 per 36 minutes career and 15.8 in his last season. As far as I'm concerned, anybody who's even close to Rodman is an amazing rebounder.

5. I can't remember ever seeing a living legend like Shaq get so little respect from the refs. Sure, he's slow and sometimes he pops people because he can't get there in time to establish good position, but some of his fouls are just "You're done! Get outta the league!" type of calls. You'd think he was Oliver Miller, bloated and on his last legs, and not a candidate for this year's All-Star Game.

6. Rondo passes up easy shots for the pass. Passing up a jumpshot for a layup, of course, but passing up a 6-footer for a layup? Rondo got a little more aggressive in the second half of the 4th quarter, but before that he was pretty passive about taking his own scoring opportunities. He's hitting his mid-range jumpers pretty well, but he still can't shoot free throws. CLEARLY, this makes his problems at the line mental ones.

7. Beasley had a nice game. The reason why Beasley had a nice game is because somebody forgot to keep reminding Paul Pierce that Beasley is lefthanded and goes left almost exclusively. Beasley hit 2 or 3 shots in the row, from the same spot, moving to his left to get there. Beasley played with a smile on his face, because he was hitting his shots. He's still young and will learn to not smile until after you win the game, because hitting your shots doesn't mean shit if your team loses.

8. Nate is starting to irk me. For the last week, not just last night, he's been overdribbling and making some pretty bad decisions. His shooting has been off and we already know he's not a classic "think pass first" point guard too. He needs to settle down a bit and run the offense instead of trying to dribble his way through the defense.

9. What a great weakside help block by Ray Allen on Ridnour with a few seconds left in the game. It didn't count, because Ridnour was called for traveling first, but a great block nontheless.

It's gonna be a war on Wednesday, and to win that war, we better not spend as much of the game shooting blanks because San Antonio doesn't. If there's some good news here, it's that we'll be the second night of a back-to-back for the Spurs, who play the night before against the run-and-gun Knicks.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next