KG TAKES FULL PRACTICE TODAY!

Go down

KG TAKES FULL PRACTICE TODAY! Empty KG TAKES FULL PRACTICE TODAY!

Post by 112288 Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:03 pm

Kevin Garnett practices for first time since injury

WALTHAM - Kevin Garnett took part in full contact practice with the Boston Celtics [team stats] on Thursday, his first team workout since straining his right calf on Dec. 29.

Doc Rivers said Garnett participated in a little more than half the practice, going through plays and running up and down the court, but the coach ruled his star forward out for Friday’s home game against Charlotte.

Boston is 5-3 without Garnett in the lineup.

The Celtics received more discouraging news as two more frontcourt players are dealing with injuries that could keep them sidelined indefinitely. Jermaine O’Neal had an MRI Thursday on his sore left knee that acted up in the second half of Monday’s game against Houston, and backup center Semih Erden missed practice because of a groin pull.

Rivers is concerned that O’Neal will likely need surgery.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Kevin Garnett participated in more than half of the Celtics' practice today in Waltham, and even though he moved well and his conditioning looked strong after missing eight games, Celtics coach Doc Rivers said he would likely keep Garnett out of tomorrow night's game against Charlotte.

"He’s not playing tomorrow. But he looked pretty good. Actually, besides his movement and stuff, I thought his wind was really good. I want to see him another practice, but he’s getting close. There were a couple of times where I wanted him off the floor and he stayed on the floor, he did all the pick and rolls defense live. We went up-and-down and he did all that live.
Meanwhile, after missing last night's win over the Sacramento Kings, Jermaine O'Neal had an MRI done yesterday to examine the swelling in his surgically repaired right knee. The results were unclear as of practice, but there is possibility that O'Neal could require surgery.

"Honestly, I think my guess is that they’re going to have to do something," Rivers said. "I don’t know I’m just using my doctorate right now. My guess is they’ll probably have to do something."

Back to top Go down