RosalieTCeltics
NYCelt
beat
Outside
bobheckler
jeb
10 posters

Go down

heres what happens when the heat play a good team Empty heres what happens when the heat play a good team

Post by jeb Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:41 am

They LOSE!

Not impressed. They still aint shown me much.

Lets see them beat Boston, Orlando and San Antone...
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

heres what happens when the heat play a good team Empty Re: heres what happens when the heat play a good team

Post by bobheckler Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:52 pm

This is what happens when you put a bunch of ME-ballers together and you have 90% of the offense flow (or become glued to) one of those ME-ballers hands and that ME-baller goes down.

They have no system. When Rondo went down Pierce stepped up and ran more plays, as opposed to having plays run for him. When KG went down, Davis and Luke stepped up and rebounded. In Miami, it's "wait for LeDouche to see you and, if he isn't Hero-balling, maybe he'll pass it to you". No LeMagnet, no coherence and nobody stepping up to create for others.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

heres what happens when the heat play a good team Empty Re: heres what happens when the heat play a good team

Post by jeb Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:57 pm

Bobheck

I concur but must admit that they show GREAT cohesion on defense which is very puzzling to me...whiskey tango foxtrot?

Please point that hooge hoop brain of yours at an explanation for those of us that are less gizenius than the heck.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:59 pm

and how is it possible for the Lakers to play the Clippers of the nets every single time I check their schedule?
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:18 pm

jeb wrote:
and how is it possible for the Lakers to play the Clippers of the nets every single time I check their schedule?
I noticed the same thing a while back and checked their schedule. Starting Monday, the Lakers have a four-week stretch when they'll find out who they are (Monday, Jan. 17 - Sunday, Feb. 13).

OKC 27-13
Dallas 26-13
Denver 23-16
Utah 27-13
Sacramento 9-29
Boston 30-9
Houston 18-23
San Antonio 34-6
New Orleans 25-16
Memphis 19-21
Boston 30-9
Knicks 22-17
Orlando 26-14

Current cumulative record of their opponents: 316-199 (.614 winning percentage).

They have another five-game stretch in March where they play the Spurs, Hawks, Heat, Mavs, and Magic, with the first four of those on the road.

As you know, everything evens out in the end, schedule-wise.

Outside
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:26 pm

Outside wrote:
jeb wrote:
I noticed the same thing a while back and checked their schedule. Starting Monday, the Lakers have a four-week stretch when they'll find out who they are (Monday, Jan. 17 - Sunday, Feb. 13).

OKC 27-13
Dallas 26-13
Denver 23-16
Utah 27-13
Sacramento 9-29
Boston 30-9
Houston 18-23
San Antonio 34-6
New Orleans 25-16
Memphis 19-21
Boston 30-9
Knicks 22-17
Orlando 26-14

Current cumulative record of their opponents: 316-199 (.614 winning percentage).

They have another five-game stretch in March where they play the Spurs, Hawks, Heat, Mavs, and Magic, with the first four of those on the road.

As you know, everything evens out in the end, schedule-wise.

Outside

Bob

when I first saw that list of teams it took me till I got to Boston to figure out what the numbers were after each one DUH...............brain needs to warm up a bit more.

beat

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:20 pm

I wouldn't write Miami off, although they do have a lack of depth. Their defense has been impressive and that's Spoelstra's specialty. I think it's possible the L. James sideshow is a bit of a distraction. If Wade asserts himself in more of a leadership role that might end the circus.

Orlando concerns me more, however. They've really become more efficient on both ends since the return of Turkoglu.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:20 pm

NYC

I am def NOT writing Miami off but I do call attention to the fact that they get beat and sometimes quite badly by the elite teams in the nba.

They just do. Really have only beat the Lakes who also struggle against good competition and pre trade Orlando once.

Miami has a scary level of talent. But talent alone dont cut it.

Best to nyc!

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:29 pm

Jeb

And talent that is runnin on bad ankles ( with no good backups) doesn't cut it either.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:38 pm

I have no pity on the Heat, they could all go down one by one and finally find out what it is like to have to play with backups and see how they make out.
As far as the Lakers are concerned, I think they are playing like the Celtics played last year, I am not writing them off at all.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:47 pm

Rosie-t

I concur. They remind me of us last year EXACTLY.

But I do feel the Spurs will pose a far more significant threat to them this year that the hollowbody Cavs or Magic did to us last year. The Spurs can take the Lakers this year.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:51 pm

Jeb-I do think that you are right about the Spurs, maybe the Lakers aren't as smart as the Celtics were last year as far as turning it on at the right time and playing together. It seems they are a bit disfunctional right now. Maybe Phil is the reason for that, but, Gee, I couldn't care less. I hope they lose five or six in a row!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:49 pm

jeb wrote:NYC

I am def NOT writing Miami off but I do call attention to the fact that they get beat and sometimes quite badly by the elite teams in the nba.

They just do. Really have only beat the Lakes who also struggle against good competition and pre trade Orlando once.

Best to nyc!

Jeb

Hey Jeb,

I hope you're doing well!

My admonition not to write Miami off wasn't so much directed at you as it was directed at everybody.

You know by now that I love to play devil's advocate on occassion so forgive me as I continue down that wicked path here. I'll bet I'm one of the few that will take the time honored point that you and many others make that talent alone won't beat you and add "unless you don't have talent!"

You have so much work to do with me Jeb!

Regards

Last edited by NYCelt on Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:13 am

NYC

It's cool your worth it and I lord knows got free time right now so Viva La Causa!
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:27 am

Right back at ya Jeb.

Personally, Miami superstardom and our favorite rival LA aside, I'm starting to root for a Celtics vs. Spurs final.

It might be fun to see where two teams who are very long on experience take that series.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:24 pm

jeb wrote:NYC

Best to nyc!

Jeb

True, Jeb. Just ask Wilt and Jerry
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:36 pm

That will indeed be a very telling stretch for Phil and the boys. Starting it off by blowing one on the Clippers certainly doesn't help much. BTW, how does ours rank over the same stretch? First two weeks of Feb looks tough with DAL ORL LAL (2) and MIA all before the 15th all preabled with a west coast swing at the end of Jan (and Feb for that matter). That's when we should be in full swing. But we have just as many below .500's.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:29 am

The Heat "index" currently stands at 4 inna row...uh losses that is. James and "D"wade are just terrible in terms of "sharing" the ball.

Here's the offensive plan, "King" James shoots a 35 foot three, four times in a row in the clutch moments.

U.G.L.Y.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am

James can't go 44 minutes hard,so he turns into just another bad jump shooter.....where is the system?don't see it

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:48 am

I watched the game too and loved it. Shocking stat: James and Wade took 50 of the 54 shots attempted by the starters. And they only made 19 of them. 38% at home from your superstars won't cut it.

Another startling stat: 12 total assists by the Heat. Guess they don't believe in passing.

A four game cushion in the loss column in the East, with all the injuries Boston's had so far this year is amazing.

Last edited by steve3344 on Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:01 am

Here's another crazy stat:
Miami's starting PF, Joel Anthony, took 0 shot attempts (FG & FT) in 43 minutes. Playing 19 minutes per game this year, he is averaging 1 shot attempt per game. Teams don't even need to guard him.
When 1 player (Lebron) takes 41 shot attempts (FG & FT) and Miami can't even score 90 points in OT, there is a problem.
This is probably the most statistically unbalanced game I have ever seen.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:04 am

And DWade and Lebron chipped in for the Atlanta cause with 12 turnovers (6 each) between 'em.

A couple of charitable guys...

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:07 am

steve

It is damn amazing where our record is considering all the injuries,KG 9 games,Rondo 8,JON I think 26.....Shaq has been waking up recently,but overall hes fit in great,could anyone imagine where we'd be with all these injuries and no Shaq?can't wait to see how we look with Perk and Delonte.

cow

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:08 am

By the way, we're gonna need that four game loss column cushion. Miami's played five more road games than the C's to this point.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down