+3
jeb
Sam
LACELTFAN
7 posters

Go down

LAKERS v C's ? Empty LAKERS v C's ?

Post by LACELTFAN Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:45 pm

I know that it's still down the road three game but I'm curious...
How important is this game? Is it just one more game or does it have more significance?
Does it say something about the state of the teams, especially if the C's win because they
are still playing mix and match?... or does it only tell us what was going on that day?
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

LAKERS v C's ? Empty Re: LAKERS v C's ?

Post by Sam Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:49 pm

I had posted this elsewhere, but I'll duplicate it here.

If the Lakers need some kind of catalyst to jolt them into pre-playoff mentality, I can't think of anything that would be as powerful as beating the Celtics on Sunday. On the other hand, wouldn't the Celtics love to move on (figuratively) from the sting of Game 7? I expect a highly spirited game.

I just hope there are no injuries on either side.

(I'm adding this part): Whatever happens, I expect both teams will continue to breathe regularly, take nourishment, and go on to fight another day. I've learned that there's usually only moderate correlation (at best) between the perspective of fans and the perspective of players.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:53 pm

It's ALWAYS important. It flat matters and the two best teams in the nba want to BEHEAD each other. I expect both teams to repeat game 7's intensity.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by rickdavisakaspike Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:15 pm

Shaq the Celtic vs. Kobe the Laker. Maybe it's my imagination - doesn't this add kind of a raw flavor to the chemistry, make it even more personal? Sam used the word 'spirited'.

Some of these Celtics seem to have a gnawing, growling hunger this year, Shaq, Perk and Paul in particular. Still, it's who's hungriest and healthiest when number 18 is up for grabs

rickdavisakaspike

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoopdeedoo Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:51 am

Before the game it's just another game. After the game it's just another game. During the game........... Two great teams with a renewed rivalry these past few years, ya gotta think it'll have a little extra somethin somethin.

Shaq and Perk will go hard and I can't wait to watch.

Hoop
Hoopdeedoo
Hoopdeedoo

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:43 pm

This from Henry Abbott of ESPN (so take this with a HUGE grain of salt):

http://espn.go.com/blog/TrueHoop/post/_/id/24200/the-truth-about-kobe-bryant-in-crunch-time

I've been calling Bryant KoME for years, I stopped calling him that here on this board out of respect for our Laker board members. So, I can't honestly say I disagree with this column. What I think Abbott overlooked, and is worthy of credit, is that Bryant is willing to take the big shots and to put himself out there as "the guy". That's a big difference between Kobe and, say, VC. Vince Carter turns into a turd in crunch time. For better or worse, Kobe embraces it. Every team needs at least one player who wants the ball in crunch time. The trick is to not let them have it too much.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:58 pm

Anyone buy the fact that both LA and Boston lost in part because they were looking past the other teams to Sunday? No?...didn't think so...
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:00 pm

VERY big game today - i hope BB can play. hammies seem to be notorious for being stubborn and slow to heal. but we need all the bulk (and height) we can muster against LA.

one key to the game - early foul trouble on our bigs. that would put us down looking up.

sort of related key - KG vs Gasol.

another key - where's RR and who's stolen his jersey? wherever he's been, we really need him back ...

and one more - PP vs Artest.

there are others - what do you think?

Michael.
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:18 pm

well the test are coming back to the good side and they think it may be a side effect of the chemo, and the the guy came and FIXED THE TV so i can watch the game!
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:10 pm

jeb wrote:well the test are coming back to the good side and they think it may be a side effect of the chemo, and the the guy came and FIXED THE TV so i can watch the game!

a double whammy of awesome news - i'm delighted about your health news, and getting to see Tha Game !!

terrific !!!!!!!

Michael
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:58 pm

Jeb- It's good news that the C's took the Lakers today...
It's great news that your tests are coming back on the good side, that's the news we all pull for big time.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:01 pm

...always a great day NBA wise when the C's win and the Lakers lose on to Sack town...
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down