worcester
NYCelt
Sam
jeb
LACELTFAN
steve3344
10 posters

Go down

Miami Herald calls Heat "the better team" Empty Miami Herald calls Heat "the better team"

Post by steve3344 Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:35 am

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/02/13/2065317/celtics-play-like-heats-bigger.html

"the better team" is now 0-3 against the men in green. Tell me how that makes them better...

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Miami Herald calls Heat "the better team" Empty Re: Miami Herald calls Heat "the better team"

Post by LACELTFAN Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:42 am

When you play the other team's walking wounded...those that can still walk, and you lose, well...if you know that the other team didn't even field their full squad and they beat you....Head to head, in a game that was not back to back for either...Silly to make that statement, just plain silly.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Miami Herald calls Heat "the better team" Empty Re: Miami Herald calls Heat "the better team"

Post by jeb Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:20 am

denial is not just a river...
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:32 am

Are you sure it wasn't Dave Barry writing in jest?

I'd love to ask whoever did write that for an explanation of why a decimated team, with a virtual paraplegic guarding the Heat's best player and a power forward playing center could hold off the "better team" down the stretch. I once had a heart procedure in Miami. Turns out I may have escaped with the only intact heart in town.

The "better team" got outcoached, outplayed, and outgutted for sure.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:29 am

Must be they didn't see the score... again.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:31 am

Steve, Jeb and Sam,

Looking at your posting times; do any of you guys sleep?
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:30 am

I almost didn't watch the game lknowing how stacked the odds were against our depleted Celts. I did not want to hear LeBron gloating. But I did watch, out of respect. Boy did they ever come through!
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:52 am

Free drugs are one of the perks for working at the Miami Herald.

Or, maybe, they've just discovered the joy of sarcasm?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:44 pm

NYCelt,

Naps. It's all about the naps. I think I finished posting about 3:30 a.m. I went upstairs, and Mrs. Sam was watching the end of a movie. A long marriage seems to lead to consensus about the clock and how to use it.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:55 pm

nyc

not much...got an old dog and a bad disease.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:40 pm

Speaking of naps, I watched such an interesting documentary last night - "Good Hair" by Chris Rock about Black Women and what they do to have "good hair." Really funny and informative.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:49 pm

Rondo doing the sneak:

http://www.nba.com/video/games/celtics/2011/02/13/0021000804_mia_bos_play5.nba
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:56 pm

"Sometimes the better team just chokes. It seemed to happen Sunday in Boston, plain and simple."

hahahahahahhahahahahahaahahahahhahhahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaahahahaahhahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.. oh boy, hahahahahaahahhahahahahaahahahahahhahahahaahahahahhahahahahahaha
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:53 pm

Swede, Take some Vitamin D3 - 5000 IU pronto, and get some exposure to ultraviolet light ...you most likely suffering depression from the lack of UV light and Vit D - a common Nordic malady...Cod Liver Oil helps too....
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:20 pm

I am on vitamin d already, 2000iu daily.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by rickdavisakaspike Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:11 pm

Rondo's announced intention was that he was trying to get a look at the play the Heat were drawing up. Why not? It's the kind of thing K.C. or Sam Jones might have done, the way they always goofed on Wilt.

After the bald dood and dwade push him away, Rondo slides back along and bumps the kIng's elbow with his chest. KIng shooes him away. He goes to his left and tries it again. He looked like Harpo Marx. It seemed as though James was smiling at the end. Nobody noticed the whole thing but Ray and an official. Back on the sideline, Rondo has this look of 'hey, they were on the court!' and 'what'd I do? what'd I do?'.

No worries: It worked. The KIng did not wake up from his long slumber. Thank the gods he did not learn how to spell defense in school: D - E - F - I - I - can't go for that - there's no I in defense.

rickdavisakaspike

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:51 pm

Swede, Then you might need some UV light on your pineal gland. Also, don't forget that 80% of your serotonin is manufactured around the intestinal tract, so if you have any disorders there take plenty of probiotics and fructooligosaccharides (as are found in rice bran) to help the probiotics recolonize your intestinal tract. When more serotonin is produced, that in turn leads to more endorphins which leads to the dopamine that implants in the receptor sites of your hypothalmus and leaves you feeling well. Many of the anti-depressants are serotonin uptake inhibitors which prevent the body's natural process of breaking down serotonins - which presumes there would not be enough serotonin in the first place. A more natural and I feel effective strategy is to increase serotonin production by improving intestinal health.

Last week I watched the Swedish film Elvira Madigan - first time since 1967 -
what a beautiful yet depressing film that was!

Last edited by worcester on Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : so many typos)
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:01 pm

There are some things that are just so bizarre that the only possible reaction is laughter. I suspect that's exactly what happened with Rondo.

In my care, I carry a big rubber finger with a bulbous nail-polished tip. It fits on over your own finger. When driving in Boston traffic (one of my favorite activities in life), I keep it handy and, if something contentious happens (not a rarity with me), I just slip it on and flip my hand out the window. And the other guy can't do anything but laugh. Very similar.

We may not notice it because we see him so often, but Rondo seems to be evolving in a number of ways. Just as he's growing more assertive on the court, he's developing a personality that's just a bit more outgoing with signs of a pretty decent sense of irony and humor.

I bet that, when this season is finished, if someone were sufficiently enterprising, it would be possible to develop a short video of weirdness and zaniness that has characterized the Celtics this season. From the antics of Shaq in the locker room to Rondo doing the evesdropping thing, etc. My own favorite would be Pierce crashing into the crowd and, before dashing back onto the floor, taking a slug of a patron's soda.

Talk about your Jolly Green Giants. Now they are funny. Jack-o-lantern Howard just thinks he's funny. Amateur!

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:29 pm

Sam can you give me the finger? I could use it when I drive around SF.
Not to worry, I'll give it back to you when you need it.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:31 am

LACelt,

We actually have one for each car, so maybe we could work out a deal.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:40 am

Sam,
You can count on me...
I will always give you the finger when you need it.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down