Kendrick Perkins signs contract extension with Oklahoma City Thunder

3 posters

Go down

Kendrick Perkins signs contract extension with Oklahoma City Thunder Empty Kendrick Perkins signs contract extension with Oklahoma City Thunder

Post by 112288 Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:50 am

Kendrick Perkins signs contract extension with Oklahoma City Thunder

Jay King | March 1, 2011 at 10:59 am | 2 Comments

11:08 a.m.- update: Perk’s deal will pay him $34.8 million over four years, according to Adrian Wojnarowski.

In a move that will kick Celtics fans where the sun don’t shine, Kendrick Perkins agreed to a contract extension with the Oklahoma City Thunder today.

The specifics of the deal are not yet known, but the Thunder — if they renegotiated Perk’s deal to max out their cap space, which seems likely — were able to offer Perk a four-year, $34 million (approximately, based on Sham Sports’ calculations) extension. Perkins had turned down a four-year, $22 million extension earlier this season from Boston, which was the most the Celtics could offer under the current CBA.

Though players like Brendan Haywood earn $55 million contracts, Perkins maintained he would have agreed to a $30 million deal with Boston. He even told me earlier this year, “I think about this every day. I tell my wife that I just can’t picture myself anywhere but Boston.”

For Perkins, you get the feeling it was never about seeking Haywood money. It was about loyalty. About playing in a situation where he could contend, where a good organization just wanted to win. Maybe he would have hit free agency and been blown away by some other team’s offer. But Perkins, if nothing else, always seemed like a man of his word.

By the way, Perkins will likely become a free agent again in 2015. Cue the, “A 2015 frontcourt of Kendrick Perkins and Dwight Howard wouldn’t be too crummy” fantasies.

Also, I say it wasn’t about the money, but Perkins will likely make almost $9 million per season. That ain’t chump change.

BOTTOM LINE DANNY DID NOT WANT PERK ANY MORE! 112288

Back to top Go down

Kendrick Perkins signs contract extension with Oklahoma City Thunder Empty Re: Kendrick Perkins signs contract extension with Oklahoma City Thunder

Post by beat Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:54 am

Already posted this

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Kendrick Perkins signs contract extension with Oklahoma City Thunder Empty Re: Kendrick Perkins signs contract extension with Oklahoma City Thunder

Post by 112288 Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:02 pm

SORRY DID NOT CHECK! JUST RUSHED IN AND SAW THIS ARTICLE.

BEAT NOT SURE HOW TO DELETE!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:30 pm

Congratulations to Perk. He deserves it, and it couldn't happen to a nicer guy. I hope he has a great career with the Thunder.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down