Oklahoma City Thunder Forums

5 posters

Go down

Oklahoma City Thunder Forums Empty Oklahoma City Thunder Forums

Post by swish Sun May 22, 2011 6:50 am

Many interesting opinions by the Thunder fans regarding their teams showing thus far in the playoffs, with Perks lack of offense highlighted by some. Like on this forum, he sure has generated a lot of interest with the local fans.

List of forums.
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=ldymls&xhr=t&q=oklahoma+city+thunder+forums&cp=28&pf=p&sclient=psy&source=hp&aq=0&aqi=&aql=&oq=oklahoma+city+thunder+forums&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=e5b130cc10bf5fa1

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Oklahoma City Thunder Forums Empty Re: Oklahoma City Thunder Forums

Post by bobheckler Mon May 23, 2011 10:53 am

This from redsarmy.com, 5/23:

I don't care that Hollinger thinks that Perk is killing OKC, Hollinger considers defense to be a statistical nuisance, but some of the rest of this makes sense.

http://www.redsarmy.com/home/2011/05/hollinger-perkins-is-killing-okc-vs-mavericks.html

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Mon May 23, 2011 11:13 am

bob
Boston's local Celtic t.v channel did a 30 minutes state of the Celtics interview last week with Ainge. Very insightfull in regards to the Celtics future. For Danny the issue is all about lack of scoring. Over the next few hours I will post some of Danny's thoughts.

I read that article by Hollinger and many of his points echo Ainge's thoughts.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon May 23, 2011 12:00 pm

Swish, it will be very interesting to read Danny's comments. In advance of that, I have to say (as I have been for a long time) I agree that the main problem was with an offense that was simply not consistent and often picked the worst times (in the flow of the game) to go awry.

Not that the defense was aces, and I do recognize the problems with the interior defense in particular. But, at times, even the interior defense could be stellar. And everyone know my feelings that, once demonstrated, a phenomenon has the potential to be repeated.

The synergy between offense and defense is considerable. And what I thought happened in many cases was the following interactive progression:

1. The defense would make stops.

2. The offense would fail to take advantage by scoring.

3. The defense would become dispirited because of the offensive shortcomings.

Not a recipe for success. But, on the plus side, something that can be remedied. From my point of view, offense is largely a matter of technique while defense is largely a matter of effort. I believe that, if the offensive system needs to be freshened considerably, the adrenalin-infused defense will do its job.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Mon May 23, 2011 3:06 pm

Sam:

By adrenalin-infused defense, I assume you mean pressure "D" to turnover the opposition creating offense from defense. Good idea, however I would think that with the current age of many key components that could not be sustained for a prolonged period at least by the starters.

MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon May 23, 2011 3:22 pm

MB,

By "adrenalin-infused defense," I mean defense that goes beyond normal systemic success by adding the extra ingredient of adrenalin infused by offensive success. Breakaways and other inspiring finishes in particular. That spurt of adrenalin should generally coincide with crowd's being motivated by an inspiring finish to chant "Defense." Whatever the age of the defenders, said adrenalin should enhance their performance. And it need not be maintained indefinitely...only long enough to gain a timely strategic advantage or to put the game away. Give me a team with enough periodic adrenalin to mount three or four 9-2 runs in a game consistently, and I'll give you a championship.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Mon May 23, 2011 5:03 pm

Sam

Danny Ainge on "The State Of The Celtics".
A 30 minute interview by Greg Dickerson on Comcast last Tuesday.
Here are a few thoughts by Danny regarding the state of the Celtics.

These are not quotes--Just a summary by me. I recorded the show should anyone have any questions.
Ainge on the following-
AGE--Does not think the core team is to old to be successfull.
Rondo--Most indispensible player on the team.
The things he does best ,he could not do after the arm injury. Compared him to a quarterback that could'nt throw but could still run the team. Extremely courageous on his part just to try to play.
Least likely to be traded,but you never know for sure.
O'neal (Shaq.)-- At the Allstar game break-- Shaq thought he would be back, The training staff thought he would be back-- The Medical staff thought he would be back. He provided scoring when the team went 20-4.
Danny feels great pain for Shaq because of how hard he worked to come back and could not pull it off.
Danny thinks he will retire
O'neal (Jermain)--Injured his wrist in the 1st playoff game (Broken bone) will need surgery. Played well defensively.
Glenn Davis--Interested in him. He will be judged based on the complete year rather than on the last few weeks.
Team--Not looking for backup help. When doing that your not looking for the best players.
Bottom line-Need scoring and more athletic players.
Where we stand-- Knows what is available, knows what he wants--The problem for all the General managers is when will the contract dispute be settled?
Living with the results of the last 2 games.--Just could'nt get it done in the last 4 or 5 minutes. Danny liken it to Golf--The Celtics had 10 foot puts and could'nt make them. On the other hand the Heat were dropping them in from off the green. Danny gives the heat full credit for making those tough shots down the stretch but says it takes awhile to get over close games like that.
Jeff Green-- Very happy with his play.Backing up Super Stars is not the easiest thing to do
Perk-- Found a clip of that interview dealing with Perk.
Click onto below link
http://www.necn.com/05/15/11/State-of-the-Celtics-Ainge-on-Perk-Trade/landing_sports.html?blockID=522951&feedID=6097

I have some statisical data that relates to this subject. Will post in a while.
swish

Last edited by swish on Tue May 24, 2011 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fact correction)

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon May 23, 2011 11:09 pm

Very interesting, Swish. Thanks for posting this.

Were there any of his comments that, when you heard them for the first time, you instinctively felt difficulty in relating to? Of did the whole thing seem to string together pretty logically in your estimation?

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed May 25, 2011 3:05 am

I saw this interview with Danny. He was quite candid in his remarks and will not back down and say that the trade was a mistake. He still stands by that trade. Now we read where Doc said they should have waited until the year was over, so there is a difference of opinion there. I doubt that Danny did anything without Doc's go ahead. So this is something they will just differ on now that the season is over.

The lack of offense in the last 6 - 8 minutes of games down the stretch really killed the Celtics and that is the one point that Danny elaborated on. More athleticism is going to be a major concern in the coming months as he
puts together another team. I am sure he is thinking of the future, just as
we all are. I really feel this core group will stay together, that we will not see any big trade for any of the big four. Just my opinion.

All in all, Danny hit upon points that we all knew were relevant to the team
losing so early in the playoffs. Time will tell if he is able to put together a
team we will all be excited about next year, barring any lockouts.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down