what do we all know about this Sasha fella?

+6
mrkleen09
tjmakz
bobheckler
cowens/oldschool
mulcogiseng
jeb
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

what do we all know about this Sasha fella? Empty what do we all know about this Sasha fella?

Post by jeb Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:15 pm

Anybody got a line on this dude? It looks like he is going to be a Boston Celtic. I remember him being a pretty skilled euro type a guy. Can shoot and bang a little. Pretty good sized.
Love the way our bench is rounding out and tho he didnt do crap tonight i feel Murphy is going to help us quite a bit.

Increasingly like Kristic and Green. Both guys solid and its nice to have their free throw shooting!
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

what do we all know about this Sasha fella? Empty Re: what do we all know about this Sasha fella?

Post by mulcogiseng Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:19 am

I think you got the line on this dude, Jeb. Good size, can shoot and bang. If the C's win, is there a better candidate for Exec of the year? Danny has rebuilt the team he rebuilt in the offseason. WoW
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

what do we all know about this Sasha fella? Empty Re: what do we all know about this Sasha fella?

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:29 am

were still gonna need Shaq and JON in playoffs, don't fool yourselves cause we beat a weak Suns team

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:31 am

According to the Globe, we got Sasha.

In 466 games, Pavlovic has averaged 5.4 points and 1.8 rebounds. He is a career 35 percent 3-point shooter and canned 7 of 21 triples in 14 games this season.

As always, look at the /36mpg too:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/pavloal01.html

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Sasha-Pavlovic-3894/

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:48 am

For being known as a "shooter" Pavlovic has not been impressive.
Career 40% FG and 69% FT percentage.
Doesn't rebound at all.
If you have watched him play you will know that he is relatively slow and a poor defensive player.
He does have long arms and is a smart player.
Defenders have to guard him at the 3 point line.
I don't see much of a role for him with Boston.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:51 am

Sasha will be an insurance policy and someone who we can throw in for 8 minutes a game to bang Lebron and Kobe.

I could not care less about his career shooting percentage - only that he is a big body, who has playoff experience and is eager to get out there and throw his weight around.

No downside whatsoever.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:58 am

Has anyone ever seen Pavlovic play?
He wants to have nothing to do with being near the basket and playing physical basketball.
He is a 3 point shooter that has 1 or 2 rebounds a game bounce in his direction.
Unless BBD, Shaq and JO are hurt, he won't be on the 12 man playoff game rosters.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:04 am

Think I'll trust DA on this one too, and regardless we are looking well down the bench (heck almost to the locker room so to speak). Sort of further down than another Sasha even.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:18 am

Sasha is the 14th or 15th man. How many teams have playoff-tested, NBA veterans so far down the bench they have to prove something, or have someone go down, just to take their warmups off.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:27 am

good pickup. nother vet and as he sits he is like a luke thats ready to play. can play if he HAS to. Celts are deep and healthy all of a sudden.

Wait til team oneal comes back.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:32 am

Just looking at the lakers last men (apparently they only have 14)

Joe Smith and Theo Ratliff have scored at whopping total of 8 points this year as the 13th and 14 men. (statistically anyway)

TJ comes on here and worries about a player that will probably not see anymeaningful time whatsoever..........that is kind of you.

Geesh

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:38 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqXx35qfxQE&feature=related

there are some highlights of the guy, and Beat you dont actually want to ENJOY these buyout signings and hope they make your fav team better do you? Geeze, get real.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:44 am

beat wrote:Just looking at the lakers last men (apparently they only have 14)

Joe Smith and Theo Ratliff have scored at whopping total of 8 points this year as the 13th and 14 men. (statistically anyway)

TJ comes on here and worries about a player that will probably not see anymeaningful time whatsoever..........that is kind of you.

Geesh

beat

beat,

I don't blame TJ for making comments about Pavlovic. After all, there might be a reason why he's available, right?

Suppose he came on and said "Great job picking up Pavlovic, he'll fill that big hole you have in speed at the 3 because Green can't keep up with a legit 3". Would that be better?

I don't see these comments as snarky. God knows I'm not one to stay silent if I think someone's getting pissy and I've gone a round or two with him myself when he first got here because his tone was snarky.

The fact is that Brewer was #1 on our "depth at 3" slot even though Sasha was available too. The fact is we didn't get him. By definition, that means Pavlovic is Hobson's Choice. He was the second prettiest, and maybe the only girl left when the lights came on @ 2a.m.

bob
P.S. And for what it's worth, you're right about the Lakers bench too. It is possible for both of you to be right on this.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:51 am

Some people are not realistic about players abilities.
To say that Sasha is going to bang with LeBron and Kobe is fantasyland.

The title of this thread is 'what do we all know about this Sasha fella?'
Apparantely not many here have seen him play.
I can comment about his game because I have seen him play many times.

LA does not play 14 players. In the playoffs they will primarily play 9.
In last years playoffs they had 8 players with 13+ minutes per game and everyone else played less then 8 minutes per game.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:01 am

I would love for someone here to estimate the minutes per game that each Celtics player will have for the playoffs and show me whose minutes Pavlovic is going to take to 'bang for 8 minutes'.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:16 am

tjmakz wrote:Some people are not realistic about players abilities.
To say that Sasha is going to bang with LeBron and Kobe is fantasyland.

The title of this thread is 'what do we all know about this Sasha fella?'
Apparantely not many here have seen him play.
I can comment about his game because I have seen him play many times.

LA does not play 14 players. In the playoffs they will primarily play 9.
In last years playoffs they had 8 players with 13+ minutes per game and everyone else played less then 8 minutes per game.

TJ

Clearly YOU are the one who hasnt watched Sasha play. Every time he was matched up with Pierce on defense, he banged him and banged him hard. Doesnt mean he was successful in guarding him over the course of the game - but WHO CARES. We can send him in, have him use up his 6 fouls and go back and sit down again.

Stop crying because your team didnt do SQUAT at the deadline.

Celtics were a better team than the Lakers before the trades...they are MUCH better now. Go back under your rock.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:24 am

Bob

I think we all agree that if Sasha sees any amount of time, we are in a dumptruck load of trouble. However he does have a pulse and is healthy I gather, which places him a bit higher than some of the others on the team.

Anyway we are talking filler spots anyway, the core players are there with some having health concerns. But if all are relatively healthy Sasha will be looking sharp in his Italian pinstripe suit and matching tie by Palasso. Sitting next to the trainers and assistant coaches.

However if all are healthy Doc will have some decisions to make regarding rotations. Hopefully all will accept the roles they will have to play.

beat

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:34 am

Is Sasha another guy who is going to use up his 6 fouls and then you and Tommy are going to complain about how many fouls are called against Boston?

I guess you could tell in the way that I write that I am upset that LA didn't do SQUAT at the deadline. I am concerned about who is going to sit next to Ratliff and Joe Smith on the bench during the playoffs.

All I know is I am happy that LA might not have to play against Perkins if they face Boston in the Finals. In my opinion he is the 2nd best defensive center in the NBA.

tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:45 am

I would guess that he will be used only at the end of quarters as a 3 point shooter and as a "games over" garbage time player. Another 6 fouls to give.. A situational player at best. And if he does his job well what more can you hope for from an end of the rotation player ?

swish

Last edited by swish on Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:51 am

TJ

Without looking how flexable are the contracts with the your bench guys? Did they have contracts to dump or eat? Trade? ect

DA has made a big gamble for sure.

And as far as Perkins in 08 he played 92 minutes (15.3 MPG) and last year 141 min in 6 games (23.5 MPG) so he was not out there all that much, he did present issues we cannot replicate with anyone we have now but we now have some offense coming out of the 5 we did not have before.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:59 am

tjmakz wrote:Is Sasha another guy who is going to use up his 6 fouls and then you and Tommy are going to complain about how many fouls are called against Boston?

Yup. Exactly. You seem to know a lot about the Celtics - their fans - announcers.

Happen to have a bit of an inferiority complex there TJ? Laughing
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:01 pm

LA had a $5.2m trade exception from the Vujacic trade and have had one roster spot open all year so they could have done something if they wanted to.
There are positives and negatives from the Perkins trade.
The one trade I don't like is the Erden/Harangody trade for a 2nd round pick. I liked Erden's athleticism and future in the NBA. Murphy and Pavlovic are rentals but Erden and Harangody could have been part of the Celtics bench for many years.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:03 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:
tjmakz wrote:Is Sasha another guy who is going to use up his 6 fouls and then you and Tommy are going to complain about how many fouls are called against Boston?

Yup. Exactly. You seem to know a lot about the Celtics - their fans - announcers.

I know a lot about the NBA and not just the Lakers and Celtics.
Yes the inferiority complex is eating me alive.
I only wish the Lakers would win something.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:22 pm

tjmakz wrote:
mrkleen09 wrote:

I know a lot about the NBA and not just the Lakers and Celtics.
Yes the inferiority complex is eating me alive.
I only wish the Lakers would win something.

tj
great response

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by rickdavisakaspike Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:33 pm

Danny is surrounding his talent with complementary pieces while keeping some decent players away from his rivals. And doing it at relatively low cost. Everybody can see the Laker empire is crumbling and cracking. Their inability to get help for the playoffs is another sign.

There's so many untold stories about bench players who stepped up and helped their teams to titles by unexpected or unhoped-for contributions. Gerald Henderson, Emmette Bryant, and Gene Guarilia for the Celts, or one of my favorites, George Johnson for the 1975 Warriors.

rickdavisakaspike

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next