Articles about Sasha

3 posters

Go down

Articles about Sasha Empty Articles about Sasha

Post by bobheckler Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:52 pm

People have asked about our newest newbie. One of the things I noticed, and liked, was Doc's comments about Sasha's defense in the Milwaukee game (he said he thought he was our best defender out there for a while and that he told Sasha, as long as he kept playing defense like that Doc wouldn't care if he scored at all) and Hoopshype's scouting report where they say he's one of the top Euros defensively (not that that's saying much, but...). At 6'8" he could help defend against a variety of players. Green can expend himself on the offensive end as long as we have a defensive player besides Pierce that can play 3 too.

We should remember that Sasha (and West!) played for Cleveland in 08-09, when they went to the EC Finals. He wasn't a key contributor (it would be unlikely a key contributor with that kind of experience who is only 27 and uninjured be waived and available now) but he has "been there/done that". So, our second unit could be the dueling duos of OKC's Krstic/Green in the frontcourt and CLE's West/Sasha in the backcourt. As a four/five man unit, they have very limited time together, but if they play 2-man games (Stockton/Malone, Kobe/Gasol and lots of other very effective duos have done it in the past) then we have players whose learning curves with each other have largely flattened out already.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view/2011_0308pavlovic_defensive_about_place_on_team/

http://hoopshype.com/players/aleksandar_pavlovic.htm

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Sasha-Pavlovic-3894/stats/

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Articles about Sasha Empty Re: Articles about Sasha

Post by steve3344 Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:32 pm

I don't know about the rest of you guys but it's hard to root for a guy named Sasha. I'll have to get over it...

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:30 pm

steve3344 wrote:I don't know about the rest of you guys but it's hard to root for a guy named Sasha. I'll have to get over it...

steve,

If it helps, call him 'Aleksandar'. 'Sasha' is to Aleksandar as 'Bobby' is to Robert.

As long as he doesn't play like the other Sasha, and that includes with his hair, I'm ok.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:57 pm

Just dont be bringing any hairnets around the Celtics and we are good.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down