The Contender - Championship Tradition

+4
RosalieTCeltics
cowens/oldschool
beat
dboss
8 posters

Go down

The Contender - Championship Tradition Empty The Contender - Championship Tradition

Post by dboss Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:44 pm

I'm sitting here with my son kris watching the Bulls/heat game. I've got a pot of red beans on the stove. If you have never eaten red beans, I can only tell you that is is a complete meal. It took me about a year to perfect the process. I start by putting about 8 cups of water into the pot and then I chop up 2-3 cellery sticks, 2 onions, 1/4 of a green peppper and 3/4 of garlic. I add a teaspoon of sugar (to lessen the GAS..lol) and a little parsley and the secret ingrediant, Oregano. It takes about 2 hours to cook the beans so that they are tender, stirring them every 15 minutes and setting the temperature on a low boil. I have a smoked ham hock that I will I be adding to the pot in another hour and also you can use smoked sausages or smoke ham. Add a few shakes of Tony Chachers creole seasoning, cook a pot of white rice and go to town.

I learned this recipe from a dear freind of mine from Lousiana. Can't agrue with that.

Oh.. let me transgress back to my origianl theme.

The Bulls and the Heat are the two teams that will provide a challenge to the Celtics winning the Eastern Conference Championship and thus going to the big dance for another matchup with the Western Conference winner (Come on LA...get it together)

This season has been characterized by ups and downs in the availability of players because of the injuries. I have not actually added up all the games missed collectively by The Celtics but I am pretty sure it is significant.

The Heat are up at half time 49-40. Ho Hum.

Both of these teams gave me pause with respect to how and if Boston would be able to overcome all the hype and win 7 game series against them.

As our faces contorted after the Perkins trade and the dust began to settle, I understood more than ever that the Celtics are the contender in a championship tradition.

The diversity of this team from top to botton and everywhere in between refelects the architectural genius of Danny Ainge. He is a man of great vision, perserverence and Celtics pride.

This dream began well before the Celtics brought together the big three. In fact it is a never ending dream that changes each night and each season. This dream is about being able to visualize what is over the hill or behind the next bend. You can actually control your dreams and that is exactly what is happening to the Celtics under DA. He has an uncanny ability to see what is coming and then put into motion the forces that will ultimately stengthen the team.

The addition of Jeff Green means that Boston can swing KG over to Noah and watch Green run Boozier into the ground until his tough falls out. The addition of Jeff Green means that a Lebron James will be faced with a long quick physical defender when he tries to bully his way to the rim. The additon Jeff Green means that Rajon Rondo will be able to push the ball at breakneck speed and still have someone out in front of him.

The addition of Jeff Green guarantees that the Boston Celtics, all things considered, will win their 18th championship this year and add to the Championship Tradition that is The Boston Celtics.

With 22 game remaining, the Celtics are about to make the final turn in the Kentucky Derby. The stretch run is before us. Our anticipation and excitement is at an all time high. The stars are lining up. The wounds are healing and the determination is evident. The Boston Celtics are the most feared team in the NBA because every team, every coach, every owner, every opposing player knows that there will be no quarter, there will be no quit, there will be no discomfort by the Celtics every time they take the court because they are on a never ending mission to be the contender in their championship tradition.

The Celtics have made a lot of great personnel moves this year. The Jeff Green addition almost 75% into the season is the fete de compli.

dboss

Last edited by dboss on Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

The Contender - Championship Tradition Empty Re: The Contender - Championship Tradition

Post by beat Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:10 pm

Dboss

I put this post up in another thread but it fits yours to a tee!

Sittin in the UTICA Aud yesterday watching 6 High school Sectional championships..............Marcus is playing with his ipod and connected to the world and smacks me later in the PM (perhaps the 4th game) "Hey dad the C's just picked up Arroyo." Of course my response was Are you kidding?

Showed me the headline and I thought hm...........Think Sam said that another PG might be the best way to go. Had to give up on Johnson for now but thats fine.

My second thought was that of pissing of some in Miami whom thought CA was their best PG.

Just thinking 3-4 weeks ago if we made no moves what our roster would be today. NO....... Shaq, JO, West, Nate, Wafer, Quis, Baby, SE, or Perk. That would have left 6 healthy bodies. KG RA PP RR Luke,and Bradley. Some may have been able to go in a pinch but at what price to them or their long term health?

And what kind of strain would that have put on the starters even with some stop gap measures.

Lot of what if's with the moves and each can be debated till the cows come home, but obviously we would have been in dire straits had nothing been done.

Kuduo's to DA

beat.
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

The Contender - Championship Tradition Empty Re: The Contender - Championship Tradition

Post by beat Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:14 pm

Dboss

Heat appear in choke mode! down 6 with 3+to go.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:28 pm

dboss

I love red beans and have been eating them with rice my whole adult life. Do you throw the ham in the same pot or cook them seperately?

I'm making peace with myself after the trade, I think Jeff Green is a great piece to add moving forward, all his best basketball is ahead of him. If not for the trade, as beat pointed out we would have 6 healthy players right now, so I have to grow up, that trade looks like it saved the season.Green was out of position all those years at PF, hes gonna develop into an all star 3 playing with Rondo.

When has this franchise had an athletic long speed merchant at SF? He can still add weight to his frame and add post moves, better ball handling.....the talent is there.With no disrespect to Perk, its easier to find a hard nosed defensive 5 role player than a young stacked 3 with so much potential.

cow

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:31 pm

James choked again didn't even hit the rim!!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:31 pm

I love it,one by one, everybody is beginning to think a little more positively about the Celts--

Hey=dboss==Miami just lost again Chicago by one
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:37 pm

Not snowing out much (nice)
Baseball practice starts tomorrow (very nice)
Sitting at home with the entire family (super nice)

Watching the Heat lose by one when James misses and doesn't get bailed out by the refsPRICELESS cheers

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:39 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:I love it,one by one, everybody is beginning to think a little more positively about the Celts--

Hey=dboss==Miami just lost again Chicago by one

hate to admit it Barkley loved the trade too,guess that fat blowhard knows more than me

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:43 pm

beat wrote:Not snowing out much (nice)
Baseball practice starts tomorrow (very nice)
Sitting at home with the entire family (super nice)

Watching the Heat lose by one when James misses and doesn't get bailed out by the refsPRICELESS cheers

beat

I know we all loved seeing Miami lose and Lebron failing again at crunch time but it actually would have been better for us if the Heat would have won: we would have had a four game lead in the loss column against BOTH Miami and Chicago instead of three over the Bulls in race for best record in the East.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Cow, If I have a hambone from a leftover ham I put it right in, I actually boil my ham hock 2 hours, cut it up and add it to the beans for the last 1/2 hour.

The last time the Celtics a long athletic 3 was when they drafted Len Bias.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:48 pm

Steve

That may well be true statistically BUT I have no ill will towards the Bulls. And under today's circumstances have no problem whatsoever with the outcome. Much like I can never root for the lakers no matter the situation. The heat have fallin into that same ravine with me.

beat

Last edited by beat on Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:49 pm

How does Lebron feel? everyone knows Bulls would have been MUCH better situation for him and now he can't get past them and their core players are younger.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:49 pm

Rosalie...poor Miami... I was actually hoping that they would win this game... you know let the other guys punch themselves out.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:54 pm

The Heat will never win until they have a setup guy..a point guard that has all the confidence from his teammates. A guy that runs the office and gets the ball to the right person and at the right time. It is pretty damn hard to win without a floor general unless you are runningthe triangle offense

No dpoubt Tibs and his Bulls team are gunning for the Celtics...bring it on.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:59 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:How does Lebron feel? everyone knows Bulls would have been MUCH better situation for him and now he can't get past them and their core players are younger.

Lebron feels sad.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:14 pm

steve3344 wrote:[
Lebron feels sad.

Good. he's gonna feel even sadder when the Heat dont make it past round 2..
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:19 pm

Red Beans and Rice is very nice but as a vegetarian I'll forego some of the other things you mentioned. Course, I'd sooner black beans, with brown rice, with cubed deep fried tofu instead of fatback. Add a little haberero, and a few carminatives like the oregeno you mentioed, a tad cumin, and molasses instead of the sugar. Let's not forget the brown bread. Just be greatful I'm a veggie cuz you have made me hungry and being in NC visiting my parents, and possibly moving here, I could be there quick. LOL

I have always liked DA and agree or disagree with his decisions I always give him the benefit of the doubt. He is indeed the grand architect of the NBA. He has made this team over twice in the last year and each one is a definite improvement, upgrading perceived liabilities each time.

NBA championships are a Celtics fans birthright. Thanx Danny for getting us back on track.

mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:38 pm

Mulco....being a vegie is good..afterall this is not my big fat greek wedding.

,he dosen't eat meat?

As u can see, I am pretty high on the celtics. I like the roster, the attitude, and their chance to win this year.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:44 pm

Picked one up on the SPurs today fellas and the Heat. Need for Chicago to lose a few and we need to keep winning. Bogut makes me nervous tonight.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:47 pm

my bad Bogut it seems is not playing.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:20 pm

When is Boguts contract up? I want Howard or Big Al or Bogut to join our team after next season.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down