Sam's Article on his Blog

+2
Sam
David14
6 posters

Go down

Sam's Article on his Blog Empty Sam's Article on his Blog

Post by David14 Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:14 am

Sam, your article on you blog was a great article. There has been some "intense" criticism and insults thrown our way on the other site that are based on; "age", "living" in the past "etc". If one wants to really appreciate; (1) how the concept of Celtics Pride was created, (2) why "history" is important, (3) what the Celtics meant to the city of Boston and its fans, and; (3) what created the heart of the Celtics as we know them today, I highly recommend folks read Sam's article he posted on his "blog site". His efforts should be appreciated and acknowledged.

Just one Celtics' fan opinion.

Thanks Sam, great article.

David
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Sam's Article on his Blog Empty Re: Sam's Article on his Blog

Post by Sam Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:17 am

Thanks David. I'm not sure whether you mean the article about Celtics history or the article about my trip with the team. But I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Thanks again,

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:30 am

David

I had the honor of recieving a copy of Sam's 69 trip story during the first Celtic party held in Boston in April of 08. I remember heading back home with NYCelt at the wheel and reading it. I did not stop until I was finished with it completely.

Occasionally I'd read small bits to NYCelt.

I love the C's a lot. I never realized there are so many people who go back longer than me who may (if it is possible) care for them more.

With new blood comming aboard like my son and NYCelt's little one the C's fan base will continue to be solid.

Still seems so odd coming on here and talking hoops with some small debates but no anger, no malice. To the big four who put this site together and continue to tweek it, GYSO, Pete. NYCelt and last but not least Sam,
Thanks does not seem to be enough.

beat

Last edited by beat on Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:05 am

Sam,

I just finished reading "Here Come The World Champions", and it was excellent. Read it all at once!

There were a couple things that stood out other than the game info:

You took this trip without being sure of getting a ticket, and with all the celebrity pressure, Sam Jones gave you one of his 4 tickets. This speaks volumes about him, and his values.

How you made your way into the locker room after the party.

The Celtic players accepted you and looked out to make sure you were taken care of.

I could go on, but do not want to spoil it for those who have not read it yet.

Thank you again,

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by gacracker Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:22 am

David14 wrote:Sam, your article on you blog was a great article. There has been some "intense" criticism and insults thrown our way on the other site that are based on; "age", "living" in the past "etc".

I'm not sure that Sam should be losing sleep over criticism from those too young or too stupid to realize that the NBA was well on its way even before Shaq and Kobe teamed up in the early part of the 21st century for a couple of rings in LA.

These "critics" need some parental supervision including maybe a good spanking or two, their keyboards confiscated indefinitely and be required go outside and actually play some hoops.

Maybe they will learn that talking trash is hardly one of the fundamentals of the game... and just might get their asses whupped. Basketball

Great reads, Sam.

GC
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by David14 Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:49 am

GC, some of the comments (insults) directed at Sam were difficult to "read" and accept. In addition, it's a shame that many of us that were fortunate enough to be able to watch the Celtics in th 60's have been lumped into a group of useless humans beings. I actually wasn't aware that the new generation were fortunate to avoid the aging process. My only thought was, don't those folks have parents and grandparents that they love and respect. Oh well.

Since Sam went through the time and effort to post his thoughts, I did think those of us taking advantage of Sam and staff's work, should take a few minutes to read Sam's blog.

Take care,
David
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by David14 Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:12 pm

Beat, there are many times that I wish that we all had the opportunity to discuss the Celtics face to face. I probably take the Celtics success far too seriously. I am one of those type fans that get very nervous watching the games. Can't really explain it, I guess it's our blood.

I agree with you about the safe nature of this site. It's making a difference with all us. I don't mind battles, wars, malice based arguments, however it should not be allowed as BDC where the most of us enjoy "chatting" to share stories and learn from each other. Not to mention, to share in the glory of winning and, hopefully in rare events pick each other up when the C's lose.

I personally enjoy your energy, stories, willingness to support your position, and loyalty to those of us who love the Celtics. I saw that Sam took the time and effort to add some well thought out and meaningful comments. It seemed to me that the folks that did not know about the blog should be informed.

Thanks for the response.

David
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by spikeD Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:09 pm

David, good job in calling everyone's attention to Sam's work. If anyone wants to know what it was like to be with the Celtics for what may have been their most glorious win, you owe it to yourself to read it. There's also an in-depth analysis of Bill's book, Russell Rules. It's something any Bill Russell fan will want to read - in fact, it's a marvelous service to Mr. Russell to popularise his book. Thanks, Sam.

spikeD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:27 pm

Thanks guys. I'm glad if you enjoyed the articles. The "Champions" piece was written very soon after I returned home, while the trip was fresh in my mind. I needn't have rushed. Every detail is still fresh in my mind.

The real message that I hope people glean from that account is that basketball players are, first and foremost, human beings. They have more money than most of us (not as much more back in those days). But their concerns and priorities are much more similar to ours than people might imagine. They can't escape the weather. Their kids can still get sick. The dynamics of a high-profile life can cause more problems than most of us have—both inside and outside a family. They have to choose restaurants and dentists.

So many people who are fortunate enough to meet a professional athlete play the "worship card." Anyone who gushes over a player who has heard it a million times becomes slightly less than a face in the crowd. I'd much rather make a statement than ask a question...perhaps something that puts us more on an equal footing, such as, "I hope Boston's working out for you and your family, 'Quis. We're pretty proud of this area." He just might come back with a question about restaurants or offer some little opening for me to become interesting to him. Players may be perceived as remote icons. But they're people too.

David, don't worry; I don't lose sleep over much of anything. I just don't seem to need much of it. My outlook is almost childishly simple. Make certain you do your best, and let other people worry about the rest.

Take care,

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by David14 Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:08 pm

SPIKE- The blog is good reading and should be noted as an extra bonus for all of us. I agree with you that Russ' fans owe it to themselves to read the write-up. Good point Spike.

SAM, from what I have seen it's obvious that you don't sleep much!!! The comments (insults) probably bother us more than you. Keep up the great work.

NOTE TO ALL, You to too Jeb, I was asked where I read Sam's write-ups, here is the link!!! Sorry if this is repetitive, I am trying to do 10 things at once today.

http://samsbostoncelticsfansite.blogspot.com/2009/10/rsd.html

David

Last edited by David14 on Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:39 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added Link for Sam's Blog)
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down