Just to let all my friends here know.....

+11
cowens/oldschool
willjr
Sam
bobc33
mrkleen09
Outside
NYCelt
jeb
bobheckler
MDCelticsFan
beat
15 posters

Go down

Just to let all my friends here know..... Empty Just to let all my friends here know.....

Post by beat Thu May 05, 2011 1:07 pm

Sort of a sad thing to report but my step-dad passed away in the night. He was 82 and a Korean War Vet. Mom and him got married 20 years ago after they had lost their spouses. He was a good man and I will miss our daily chats at the nursing home where I saw him almost every lunch hour. Just saw him yesterday and it's hard to believe he gone. Went quietly in his sleep.

Lots to think about and do for my mom at this time, so just keep us all in your prayers.

Thanks everyone.

Beat and family
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Just to let all my friends here know..... Empty Re: Just to let all my friends here know.....

Post by MDCelticsFan Thu May 05, 2011 1:14 pm

Beat:

I lost my Dad 2 days after last Christmas. You have my sympathy especially if you had developed a bond with him over the years. God be with you and your MOM.

MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Just to let all my friends here know..... Empty Re: Just to let all my friends here know.....

Post by bobheckler Thu May 05, 2011 1:36 pm

beat,

I'm very sorry to hear about your stepdad. Another hero from that generation gone.

Best wishes to you and your family. People our age understand mortality, kids not so much. I hope Marcus and your daughter are handling it as well as can be expected.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu May 05, 2011 1:41 pm

Beat

Keep stepping and be there for those that need it. We send you love and support from our family.

JeB
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu May 05, 2011 1:44 pm

Beat,

I'm sorry to hear about your stepdad's passing.

I know you always made sure to stop and see him and have been doing a lot to care for both he and your mom. I'm sure he departed this earth in peace and grateful for the love of family you all shared.

We'll keep your family in our thoughts and prayers.

Best regards,

Dean/NYCelt

NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Thu May 05, 2011 2:20 pm

Beat,

You're in our thoughts.

I'm glad you had a good relationship with your stepdad and were able to have those regular chats. So many people miss out on things like that.

Outside
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Thu May 05, 2011 4:16 pm

sorry to hear that Beat. Our thoughts are with you.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Thu May 05, 2011 5:44 pm

My thoughts and prayers are with you Beat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu May 05, 2011 7:06 pm

Beat,

Our prayers and love to your mother-in-law and to your entire family. You've certainly set a great example for other sons-in-law to follow with the devotion you've shown over the years. We're sure it was (and still is) much appreciated.

Bob Heckler really nailed it when he said, "Another hero from that generation gone."

We're thinking of you,

Sam and Mrs. Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by willjr Thu May 05, 2011 7:27 pm

Hang in there Beat, never forget you've got plenty of support right here. My deepest sympathies to you and your family.
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu May 05, 2011 7:29 pm

beat hang in there, best wishes to you and the family

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu May 05, 2011 8:31 pm

Beat - one of the hardest things in life is to let go of someone who means so much to you. I have buried so many loved ones in the years I have been married, but remembering all the wonderful times I shared with them made it easier to get through the sorrow. I am sure your Step Father enjoyed every minute that you spent with him, just keep that in your thoughts.

My deepest sympathy and best wishes to your entire family. They are lucky to have you to lean on.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm

beat,

So sorry to hear, my best to you and your family.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by celtic fan Fri May 06, 2011 8:06 am

Sorry to hear about your loss. It's times like this that it's good to lean on friends and loved ones to support you.

regards,
Andrew

celtic fan

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Fri May 06, 2011 8:45 am

Beat,
I'm very sorry for your loss.
Health to you and your family.

AK

sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri May 06, 2011 2:44 pm

Just to let eveyone know things are going OK. Calling hours Sunday and the funeral on Monday afternoon.

Marcus and I are to be bearers too. He was to have a game that evening and I said Grandpa would want you to play you know we can have you switch with someone else. Without hesitation he said "no I need to be here. Grandpa wants me here."

Will be a couple of tough days but we all are doing OK. With our family and friends here and people like each one of you makes it a lot easier.

Tom was a good man. He fought the drinking bug for many years so I've been told but got a handle on it long before he married my mother. Rumaging thru the closets I found several medals he won during the war. Although we talked alot about the war he never mentioned anything about these, I wish I knew the story behind them but that will never happen now.

Marcus with another game this evening. Played yesterday and won.

Kid got a little ink, not for the bat or the arm but this time the glove, to save our starting pitchers no hitter.

here is the story from the local paper

Modlin pitches no-hitter as Spartans top Warriors
FRIDAY, MAY 6, 2011

PHILADELPHIA — Junior Mitchell Modlin pitched a no-hitter Thursday as South Jefferson beat host Indian River 4-1 in a Frontier League crossover baseball game.

Modlin struck out 10 and walked just one in seven innings, allowing only an unearned run in the sixth inning. Sophomore Marcus Shelmidine made a diving catch of a short pop fly behind second base in the bottom of the seventh inning to preserve the no-hitter.

Matt Bero went 2-for-4 and drove in two runs for South Jefferson (4-6 overall, 4-3 league), including one in the top of the seventh when the Spartans scored three runs to take the lead. Modlin also contributed an RBI.

Indian River fell to 2-4, 1-3.

(actually it was behind first)

Again thanks to all.........(and Go Celts) Win or loose you are this families team!

beat

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down